PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong now employing British schoolchildren to do his bullying

Elefantino
02-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Here (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/26045209).

oldguy00
02-05-2014, 12:54 PM
weak

ColonelJLloyd
02-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Did you read the article?

BumbleBeeDave
02-05-2014, 01:12 PM
weak

In what context?

BBD

FlashUNC
02-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Shame that happens to his kids.

Wiggo never seemed particularly comfortable in the conquering champion role after winning that 2012 Tour, or even while it was all happening, come to think of it.

oldguy00
02-05-2014, 01:15 PM
BBD - I'm pretty sure I could blame lance for World War I, and you'd back me on it..
Even if the original post was a joke, it gets tiring, all the blame LA for everything bull····...

oldguy00
02-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Did you read the article?

Were you asking me?

Charles M
02-05-2014, 01:22 PM
YAWN....

When one team suddenly fields the three strongest men in the entire pro peloton... and none were near that point in their careers prior....

I hate that their kids are getting sh-t for it.

But this ain't Lance.

Bruce K
02-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Lance did not employ children to bully Wiggi's kids

But his kids, like others and even some if us, were questioned about doping after Lance admitted to it.

Sad situation but Lance wasn't/isn't the only doper. Just the most prominent.

BK

fiamme red
02-05-2014, 01:25 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins-only-a-handful-of-clean-tour-de-france-winners

Bradley Wiggins believes that he is one of only a handful of clean riders to have won the Tour de France.

“It is quite rare in cycling,” Wiggins said at a team training camp in Mallorca. “There aren't many Tour winners with no [doping] history. You can count them on one hand.”:rolleyes:

oldguy00
02-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Come on guys, Bradley uses beet juice like the rest of the British athletes.

:banana:

malcolm
02-05-2014, 01:45 PM
BBD - I'm pretty sure I could blame lance for World War I, and you'd back me on it..
Even if the original post was a joke, it gets tiring, all the blame LA for everything bull····...

I'm fairly certain modern historians have determined that Lance did in fact shoot archduke Ferdinand.

oldguy00
02-05-2014, 01:47 PM
I heard he is also Justin Bieber's bookie, drug dealer, and hair stylist.

Louis
02-05-2014, 01:49 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins-only-a-handful-of-clean-tour-de-france-winners

:rolleyes:

That's great to know.

I was worried about him, but now that's he's reassured me that he's clean I feel much better about that.

ultraman6970
02-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Wel that happened in england, so doesnt surprise me at all :) What surprise me is that he actually moved the kids off the school.

rileystylee
02-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Kids bullying other kids is nothing new - unfortunately.
The kids doing the bullying were probably fat little twats whose parents watch Jeremy Kyle all day.

fiamme red
02-05-2014, 02:16 PM
The kids doing the bullying were probably fat little twats whose parents watch Jeremy Kyle all day.The kids are just ****ing w*nkers. It justifies their own bone-idleness because they can't ever imagine applying themselves to do anything in their lives.

;)

CunegoFan
02-05-2014, 02:18 PM
When one team suddenly fields the three strongest men in the entire pro peloton... and none were near that point in their careers prior....

This......

BumbleBeeDave
02-05-2014, 03:00 PM
I just didn't understand whether you meant the OP's joke was weak, the news story was weak, Wiggo's excuse was weak, etc. . . .

bikingshearer
02-05-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm fairly certain modern historians have determined that Lance did in fact shoot archduke Ferdinand.

Have you ever seen Lance and Gavrilo Princip in the same place at the same time? Coincidence? I think not.

malcolm
02-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Have you ever seen Lance and Gavrilo Princip in the same place at the same time? Coincidence? I think not.

He was framed. He just loaned Lance the gun for protection while traveling.

cfox
02-05-2014, 03:40 PM
YAWN....

I hate that their kids are getting sh-t for it.

But this ain't Lance.

Sounds like the Seahawks, who in addition to leading the league in defense led the league in PED violations. Funny how a bunch of 5th and 6th rounders are the fastest strongest guys in the NFL. Still glad they beat the Broncos though!

ColonelJLloyd
02-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Were you asking me?

The OP. I guess the thread title was a joke; just a poor one.

oldguy00
02-05-2014, 05:08 PM
I just didn't understand whether you meant the OP's joke was weak, the news story was weak, Wiggo's excuse was weak, etc. . . .

I meant the OP. But really, all three qualify!! :)

Now back to watching Thomas The Train..... (which is why I can't get on my Kickr until 10PM most nights......)

pbarry
02-05-2014, 07:34 PM
The kids doing the bullying were probably fat little twats whose parents watch Jeremy Kyle all day.

Your take on this is appreciated, since you're local. LA had nothing to do with the bullying. He's a dad, and despite my opinion of him, I'm positive he'd give his kids hell if they participated in something like this.

For the OP: I thought you were a journalist, or in the media realm as a vocation. Title of this thread is very misleading: Please tell me it was tongue-in-cheek? :eek:

Louis
02-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Does anyone here seriously think that this thread title was serious? (LA hiring little kids in Britain to strong-arm cycling rivals? Really? ) Guys, it was a joke.

BumbleBeeDave
02-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Does anyone here seriously think that this thread title was serious? (LA hiring little kids in Britain to strong-arm cycling rivals? Really? ) Guys, it was a joke.

. . . a few did.

Cabin Fever . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

christian
02-05-2014, 08:19 PM
The kids are just ****ing w*nkers. It justifies their own bone-idleness because they can't ever imagine applying themselves to do anything in their lives.

;)Wonderful. I LOL'ed.

pbarry
02-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Taking Louis' and BBD's word for things and figured as much, BUT, the OP can chime in any time and correct course. Hasn't been that long since the unfolding, so jokes might need to be explained with emoticons...

I was outside all day in the not-balmy weather here, so please forgive any over reaction.

Louis
02-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Sounds like the Seahawks, who in addition to leading the league in defense led the league in PED violations. Funny how a bunch of 5th and 6th rounders are the fastest strongest guys in the NFL. Still glad they beat the Broncos though!

Does the NFL even test for PEDs?

I bet at least 50% if not more of the league is on something for which they don't have a prescription or is downright illegal, whether to enhance, to recover from injury, or for pain.

Elefantino
02-05-2014, 09:54 PM
I hereby apologize to all of those whose sense of humor is much more sophisticated, apparently, than my own.

To recap: Lance Armstrong is not now, nor has he ever, hired British schoolchildren to do his bullying.*

Thank you for your indulgence.

*-So far as we know.

Louis
02-05-2014, 09:58 PM
To recap: Lance Armstrong is not now, nor has he ever, hired British schoolchildren to do his bullying.*

*-So far as we know.

Have you stopped beating your wife? ;)

flydhest
02-06-2014, 01:07 AM
for the people who didn't think the joke was funny, I feel bad for you. feel bad that you can't dream big.

cfox
02-06-2014, 05:44 AM

I bet at least 50% if not more of the league is on something for which they don't have a prescription or is downright illegal, whether to enhance, to recover from injury, or for pain.

They do, but the program is such a joke it's laughable. That's why it's notable that members of one certain team actually get caught; you have to be hitting it really hard to get caught. PED use is entirely accepted in the NFL. In other sports it's all anyone talks about, but in the NFL it's just ignored. When an NFL player is suspended, it gets buried in the score updates, then the story is dead. How many people know that Richard Sherman failed a drug test?

Germany_chris
02-06-2014, 06:09 AM
Because there is a different philosophical POV on the role of PEDs in the sport.

cfox
02-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Because there is a different philosophical POV on the role of PEDs in the sport.

It comes down to how a sport's governing body punishes offenders. No player in the NFL cares because if you get caught, you miss a couple of games for "violating the substance abuse policy." Story over, no details. Benefits FAR outweigh the negatives. Players/agents (for the most part) know better than to appeal or make a big deal about it. In other sports, including now baseball, if you get caught you get hurt; long suspensions, details in the press of what drugs you were taking, etc. Then the subsequent pressers, appeals, and mediations make it into a huge story. All of a sudden, sports that actually try to catch and punish dopers are labeled the "dirty" sports.

christian
02-06-2014, 06:37 AM
How many people know that Richard Sherman failed a drug test?In the run-up to the Superbowl, I really loved the humanizing stories about how incredibly smart Richard Sherman is. Now, he went to Stanford, so I bet he's at least as smart as I am, but he failed a PED test in the NFL. I wasn't ever sure that was possible unless you asked the tester to help you inject. And, of course, serious as they are about the issue, the NFL suspended him for four weeks.

oldpotatoe
02-06-2014, 06:39 AM

Here we go..the 'big boys' all have personal quacks(Docs), who 'prescribe' this and that for ya know, 'low T'.

But taking steroids is not 'illegal' in the US...can't be arrested for taking this and a lot of other stuff.

BUT testing in the US alphabet sports is a joke..why? Because they all have player's unions.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/27/richard-sherman-suspension-drug-test-sue-seahawks-nfl/

punk

Germany_chris
02-06-2014, 07:04 AM
It comes down to how a sport's governing body punishes offenders. No player in the NFL cares because if you get caught, you miss a couple of games for "violating the substance abuse policy." Story over, no details. Benefits FAR outweigh the negatives. Players/agents (for the most part) know better than to appeal or make a big deal about it. In other sports, including now baseball, if you get caught you get hurt; long suspensions, details in the press of what drugs you were taking, etc. Then the subsequent pressers, appeals, and mediations make it into a huge story. All of a sudden, sports that actually try to catch and punish dopers are labeled the "dirty" sports.

Right a different philosophical view.

cfox
02-06-2014, 07:05 AM
In the run-up to the Superbowl, I really loved the humanizing stories about how incredibly smart Richard Sherman is. Now, he went to Stanford, so I bet he's at least as smart as I am, but he failed a PED test in the NFL. I wasn't ever sure that was possible unless you asked the tester to help you inject. And, of course, serious as they are about the issue, the NFL suspended him for four weeks.

nausea inducing, on several levels.

PQJ
02-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Late to the party here. Who is this lance Armstrong fellow and what does he have against British schoolboys taking dope to get into the nfl?

laupsi
02-06-2014, 08:16 AM

watched the Super Bowl w/a prominent sports attorney who is very familiar w/the antics of the NFL. the discussion came about because both teams cities represented are legal for pot. I know it's 2nd hand info but according to this person, most NFL teams use Marijuana for pain relief because they don't want their players getting hooked on prescription drugs. Mary Jane is specifically tested for in the blood once/year, just prior to players having to report to summer training, it's never been clinically determined to be addictive, it does not enhance performance. not stating NFL players in general do or do not dope, just speaking to the idea that they may not be using PEDs for pain.

okay, new rounds of congenial discourse all clear to unload.

Rada
02-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Here we go..the 'big boys' all have personal quacks(Docs), who 'prescribe' this and that for ya know, 'low T'.

But taking steroids is not 'illegal' in the US...can't be arrested for taking this and a lot of other stuff.

BUT testing in the US alphabet sports is a joke..why? Because they all have player's unions.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/27/richard-sherman-suspension-drug-test-sue-seahawks-nfl/

punk

It's not just the unions. Players, owners, league officials, writers all know of drug use. The bottom line is the buck. I think it's pretty funny to see Bud Selig so high and mighty about cleaning up baseball when he turned a blind eye to all the juicing that was going on after the last big strike. The big HR numbers being put up by Bonds, McGuire, Sosa and others got people back into the stadiums. Never mind the fact that everyone knew what was really producing those numbers.

oldguy00
02-06-2014, 09:41 AM
. . . a few did.

Cabin Fever . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

Of course no one did, its just that the joke gets old.......