PDA

View Full Version : Campy 9spd Ergolever OK with Current Campy Brakes

ispy
02-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Can 9-speed ergo levers work with the latest Athena brakes (without modification)? Mainly I'm wondering if the amount of brake arm movement and cable pull are compatible with the older ergolevers.

Thanks!

donevwil
02-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Yes, perfectly.

thirdgenbird
02-02-2014, 11:24 PM
As far as I know, Campagnolo has never changed brake cable pull ratios. I've mixed everything 8spd to current and I know a guy who has vintage record single pivots and 10spd ergos.

oldpotatoe
02-03-2014, 07:14 AM
Can 9-speed ergo levers work with the latest Athena brakes (without modification)? Mainly I'm wondering if the amount of brake arm movement and cable pull are compatible with the older ergolevers.

Thanks!

Yes....

bikingshearer
02-03-2014, 01:36 PM
As far as I know, Campagnolo has never changed brake cable pull ratios. I've mixed everything 8spd to current and I know a guy who has vintage record single pivots and 10spd ergos.

I'm running exactly this on one of my steeds that requires the old "standard" reach brakes, and it works fine. Dual-pivots have more braking power than single-pivots, but the ergo leves will get the most out of the old single-pivots. (Swapping out the old pads for Kool Stops or Matthausers helps, too.)