PDA

View Full Version : Will an employer/employee of a Look bicycles dealer please get in touch with me.

SteveFrench
02-02-2014, 05:01 PM
If you are kind enough to take a moment please shoot me a private message. I have a quick question to ask before I purchase a look frame. Thank you for your help.

Best regard,

SteveFrench

sjbraun
02-02-2014, 06:16 PM
LOOK Cycle U.S.A.
6300 San Ignacio Ave, Suite G
San Jose, CA 95119

Tel.: +1-408-363-1406
info@lookcycle-usa.com

Just saying...

PS- I love my Look 585.

pbarry
02-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Steve, you must be really busy!!

RacerJRP
02-02-2014, 10:44 PM
While I do not work for a LOOK dealer at present, I did a few years ago. We were a LOOK dealer for all of about 4 months. They were so terrible to work with we brought them on board and then kicked them to the curb in that short period of time. This was an IBD top 100 shop, and some hole in the wall either.

alastair
02-02-2014, 11:52 PM
While I do not work for a LOOK dealer at present, I did a few years ago. We were a LOOK dealer for all of about 4 months. They were so terrible to work with we brought them on board and then kicked them to the curb in that short period of time. This was an IBD top 100 shop, and some hole in the wall either.

That's helpful.

oldpotatoe
02-03-2014, 07:08 AM
If you are kind enough to take a moment please shoot me a private message. I have a quick question to ask before I purchase a look frame. Thank you for your help.

Best regard,

SteveFrench

Where are ya?

http://www.easylocator.net/search/map2/LOOKusa

Find one, give them a call or visit.

BTW-I sold them before Look became "Look USA" and they threw us under the bus..sold them when they were imported by Veltec.

sjbraun
02-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Steve, you must be really busy!!

There wasn't much to do during the Super Bowl.

ibis
02-03-2014, 11:37 AM

BTW-I sold them before Look became "Look USA" and they threw us under the bus..sold them when they were imported by Veltec.

Yikes!! Well, we (LOOK Cycle USA) have gone through restructure over restructure over the little while. However, we feel like we are in a pretty good place now, and really strive to up the ante when it comes to customer service.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you.

Thanks,
Justin
jlubecki@lookcycle-usa.com

tv_vt
02-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Hi all,

I will vouch for Justin. Good guy and will respond to your inquiries. I bought a Look 585 Optimum on closeout from Look USA last summer, working with Justin and a local dealer (Fitwerx in VT).

I've had a Look 481, 585, and now the 585 Optimum, and they have all been fantastic frames. Each with their own personalities, but I've really enjoyed them all. I still have a 585 Origin along with the Optimum.

Cheers,

Thom

SteveFrench
02-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Thank you everyone for your responses. This thread has become extremely interesting to me.

RacerJRP
02-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Justin, I do hope things are running smoother for you guys now than they were a few years ago. The product is very nice; it was the (lack of) support, accountability, and customer service that turned the shop that I used to work for off.

SteveFrench
02-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Justin, I do hope things are running smoother for you guys now than they were a few years ago.

As do I. I'm very anxious to purchase a new Look at a fair price. When I do, I'm sure it will be fantastic.

fuzzalow
02-04-2014, 06:24 AM
I have a quick question to ask before I purchase a look frame.

I'm very anxious to purchase a new Look at a fair price. When I do, I'm sure it will be fantastic.

Um, it is prying to ask what that quick question was or what it entails? When somebody says "fair price" that usually means a wish for the price to come to them rather than meeting the current market offering.

oldpotatoe
02-04-2014, 06:42 AM
Justin, I do hope things are running smoother for you guys now than they were a few years ago. The product is very nice; it was the (lack of) support, accountability, and customer service that turned the shop that I used to work for off.

As it did for us..but it sounds like they are a new Look USA,

For Justin-BUT I thought Hawley is importing Look now? Pedals only? I am out of the loop now.

sales guy
02-04-2014, 07:07 AM
As it did for us..but it sounds like they are a new Look USA,

For Justin-BUT I thought Hawley is importing Look now? Pedals only? I am out of the loop now.

Hawley is the distributor for look frames now also. Hawley warehouse, hawley reps.

One of my old reps was a look rep and lost it when they switched.

Which I think is interesting given Storck was thru hawley and they died. But I am glad the big Q didn't swallow up another company. They are getting way too big!

kramnnim
02-04-2014, 07:26 AM
Wait, so now anyone with a Hawley account can sell Look frames?

sales guy
02-04-2014, 07:31 AM

I believe so.

soupless
02-04-2014, 08:12 AM
You might need to become a dealer and buy in or something. QBP sells several brands (salsa, Garmin, c king) that require a dealer app and initial purchase.

RacerJRP
02-04-2014, 12:10 PM
You might need to become a dealer and buy in or something. QBP sells several brands (salsa, Garmin, c king) that require a dealer app and initial purchase.

This would by my assumption.

oldpotatoe
02-04-2014, 02:19 PM

I think they still have territories, like BMC with QBP, but not sure. We got squeezed outta Look, thanks to Excel Sports, who whined about our 5 frames per year.....nice guys.

SteveFrench
02-04-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm pretty confused by the business/distribution of Look. I did call QBP and they said they don't sell Look frames, just pedals and other small items.

soupless
02-04-2014, 11:11 PM
I'm pretty confused by the business/distribution of Look. I did call QBP and they said they don't sell Look frames, just pedals and other small items.

Qbp doesn't sell Look, I don't think they ever did. As of 2014 Hawley will distribute Look frames in the US, removing that logistical headache from the hands of Look Cycles USA, and allow that small staff of people to work on branding, dealer support, and warranty stuff.

SteveFrench
02-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Qbp doesn't sell Look, I don't think they ever did. As of 2014 Hawley will distribute Look frames in the US, removing that logistical headache from the hands of Look Cycles USA, and allow that small staff of people to work on branding, dealer support, and warranty stuff.

Maybe you're right but I don't think the QBP employee I called was lying to me. If you get onto the QBP website, http://www.qbp.com/page/brands, and look in the "Our Industry Leading Brand Partners" section you may find Look. I'm not a cycling industry worker/scientist so I may be incorrect. Please let us know if I am.

Best regard,

SteveFrench

oldpotatoe
02-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Maybe you're right but I don't think the QBP employee I called was lying to me. If you get onto the QBP website, http://www.qbp.com/page/brands, and look in the "Our Industry Leading Brand Partners" section you may find Look. I'm not a cycling industry worker/scientist so I may be incorrect. Please let us know if I am.

Best regard,

SteveFrench

Pedals

fatallightning
02-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Hawley does the distro and reps Look frames and pedals. There are still dealer territories though. My rep didn't seem very in the loop yet.

kenmetzger
02-06-2014, 09:14 AM
If there isn't a Look dealer in your territory and a shop does decent business with Hawley, then they can probably get a frame for a customer. This can be a good advantage of going through someone like Hawley. (By the way, we love our Hawley rep.)

soupless
02-06-2014, 09:53 AM
So, OP, did anyone answer your question yet?

SteveFrench
02-06-2014, 05:19 PM
So, OP, did anyone answer your question yet?

Thankfully I did.