PDA

View Full Version : OT Bard College Berlin question

rwsaunders
02-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Has anybody or their kids done a semester abroad at Bard College Berlin...formerly know as ECLA (European College of Liberal Arts)? Thanks

Nags&Ducs
02-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Has anybody or their kids done a semester abroad at Bard College Berlin...formerly know as ECLA (European College of Liberal Arts)? Thanks

What else do you need to know besides that it is in BERLIN?!?!?!? ;)

Any opportunity to do a semester abroad (except for SWA or the Middle East) is a great one not be missed!!! When my son goes off to college, I'll highly encourage him to do a semester abroad.

exapkib
02-01-2014, 12:43 PM
I'll second the call to take advantage of any study abroad opportunities that are available. The world is a big place, and if you've got the chance to experience more than one corner of it, then you are lucky indeed.

(As an aside, there are many wonderful and safe opportunities for studying in the Middle East. I feel very lucky to have had the chance to live, study, and work in that region several different times. In fact, the best part of my job is taking American students (many of whom have never left the USA) to spend a semester in the Middle East. Watching students work through the many different ways that living in a new culture challenges them is profoundly satisfying. Like I said--the world is a big place, but it turns out that the people in it (once you get the chance to connect with them) are all pretty much worried about the same everyday things.)

- - - sorry for the digression - - -

Find a program that works for you, and go for it!