PDA

View Full Version : A little more random hatred aimed at cyclists...

EPOJoe
01-31-2014, 06:50 PM
About an hour ago, I pulled up along this guy at a stop light. It may be hard to see in my poor quality iPhone photo, but on the left side of the bumper is a sticker with a skunk on one side and a cyclist on the other, with the words "They Both Stink!" in between. Disconcerting that someone would stick this on their car, but more so that someone is actually manufacturing these stickers.

vqdriver
01-31-2014, 07:06 PM
agree, it's unnerving to think that people are that blatant about it
but you should probably blur out the plate anyway.

Don49
01-31-2014, 07:42 PM
Not really fair to the skunk either.

pinkshogun
01-31-2014, 07:51 PM
at least he buys american and doesnt drive a Chevy

Louis
01-31-2014, 08:19 PM
One would think that provocative stuff like that is an invitation to being keyed or having a tire or two slashed.

TimD
01-31-2014, 08:29 PM
Tasteless bumper stickers are just another way to make money.

AngryScientist
01-31-2014, 08:40 PM
the guy that owns that car probably also owns lots of ironic tshirts and thinks he's the coolest guy in town.

blessthismess
01-31-2014, 09:01 PM
Personaly I like the "Cow Girl" sticker on the right

bcroslin
01-31-2014, 09:11 PM
Have you smelled most cyclists? He kind of has a point.

Seriously though, the world is full of jerks. This guy is doing everyone a favor by letting us know he's one of them.

Cat3roadracer
01-31-2014, 09:46 PM
Considering the source, not the OP, but the truck owner, is this really worth conversation?

tylerbick
01-31-2014, 09:56 PM
agree, it's unnerving to think that people are that blatant about it

but you should probably blur out the plate anyway.

Haha, before I read this^ I was gonna ask: "was it really necessary to blur out the license plate?"

But seriously, what if he assaults someone, and they can't recall the plate#, but do recognize the make/model and bumper stickers?

Just my 2 cents.

Louis
01-31-2014, 09:59 PM
Considering the source, not the OP, but the truck owner, is this really worth conversation?

I think I understand at least part the OP's reason for posting: You see something hatefull like that directed at you and it's natural to want to commiserate between friends.

It is unfortunate that there are idiots like that out there, but unless you want to crank up a huge live-and-let-live driver education program, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it, other than trying to be a responsible cyclist and not piss off drivers with the stunts we know that some of us do.

Ahneida Ride
02-01-2014, 08:35 AM
other than trying to be a responsible cyclist and not piss off drivers with the stunts we know that some of us do.

Amen.... And that is how I ride ..... do not piss off drivers.

cause ....

tv_vt
02-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Live and let live. Relax and laugh about it. Life's not fair, etc.

Is this really worth the posting? We know there are differing views of us out there. And we do the same to others...

CheshireCat
02-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Why get bent about this?

It's no different than prius's here having the "nice truck, sorry about the penis" stickers.

oldpotatoe
02-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Go anywhere and depending on local whatever, you can find a bumper sticker for or against, anything or anybody.

nm87710
02-01-2014, 02:32 PM
One would think that provocative stuff like that is an invitation to being keyed or having a tire or slashed.

:(

Elefantino
02-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Haters are good motivation.

Other than that, meh.

mcteague
02-01-2014, 02:53 PM
And, on a pick-up truck. Way to reinforce my prejudices!:crap:

Tim

Kirk Pacenti
02-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Go anywhere and depending on local whatever, you can find a bumper sticker for or against, anything or anybody.

Generally speaking, I despise bumper stickers; even those I agree with. But while living in Seattle in the late 90's I got the idea that a good business model might be a bumper sticker / t-shirt store that catered to everyone.

On the left would be liberal /new age /hippy / UFO bumper stickers and T-shirts. On the right would be the exact same kind of T-shirts and stickers with the opposite message from the Conservative / tea-party / conspiracy theory / gun rights crowd. Equal opportunity retail at it's finest. ;)

Cheers,
KP

oldpotatoe
02-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Why get bent about this?

It's no different than prius's here having the "nice truck, sorry about the penis" stickers.

Gawd that's funny....

Louis
02-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Nothing like destroying personal property to win over the haters just exercising their 1st Amendment rights.

Hmmm, fight hate with more hate. Good luck with that...

Dude, I'm not proposing to do that, just saying that if you do something stupid like that don't be surprised if someone does something stupid in return.

tylerbick
02-01-2014, 07:22 PM
than prius's here having the "nice truck, sorry about the penis" stickers.

Haven't seen those here in STL yet, but that's too funny.

Dave Ferris
02-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Yet another reminder that I chose wisely when Steve Potts asked me..."so are we doing a road bike or a 29er here "? I have a perfectly good '03 Litespeed Classic with low miles on it. But he certainly had me thinking for awhile..yeah it would be great to have the high end road bike, but that was short lived.

There are just too many of these type of people around. I simply don't have enough passion for riding a bike on the road to stress out if the next car coming up behind me is this guy. I'll stay on the trails thank you.

Seramount
02-01-2014, 08:39 PM
if dorkwad truck dude does take out a cyclist, having that bumper sticker on his vehicle could help sway a judge or jury as to whether it was an accident or not...