PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Vanilla, and hello folks!

Kevan
01-31-2014, 08:09 AM
First, an overdue hello to my ol' buds here. Cycling has taken a backseat for a couple years now, but I intend to inflate my tires soon. I hope I can get back into the mindset you all are enjoying here and on the road.

I'm visiting my sister here in Portland and we stopped by Vanilla unannounced and the folks there were super gracious to show us around. This has been on my bucket list for a while, to visit their shop and see the voodoo they do so well. My heart skipped a beat seeing those familiar dropouts and custom stems. Damn-fine crafting they do, everyday. Thanks, Tom! Thanks, Vanilla for restoring my passion.

Take care, pals!

CNY rider
01-31-2014, 08:15 AM
First, an overdue hello to my ol' buds here. Cycling has taken a backseat for a couple years now, but I intend to inflate my tires soon. I hope I can get back into the mindset you all are enjoying here and on the road.

I'm visiting my sister here in Portland and we stopped by Vanilla unannounced and the folks there were super gracious to show us around. This has been on my bucket list for a while, to visit their shop and see the voodoo they do so well. My heart skipped a beat seeing those familiar dropouts and custom stems. Damn-fine crafting they do, everyday. Thanks, Tom! Thanks, Vanilla for restoring my passion.

Take care, pals!

Great to see you here Kevan.
:hello:

MattTuck
01-31-2014, 08:19 AM
this thread may serve as a reminder... (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=143243&highlight=road+biker)

welcome back and good luck.

DRZRM
01-31-2014, 08:37 AM
Nice to see you back Kevin, sounds like a cool tour.

soulspinner
01-31-2014, 08:48 AM
A new Vanilla could get my mileage up :rolleyes:

R2D2
01-31-2014, 08:56 AM
The bike never forgets. Welcome back.
How's Chappaqua? Some old family ties there.
Love Crabtree's Kittle House for dinner.

Climb01742
01-31-2014, 08:58 AM
welcome home, kevan.

rwsaunders
01-31-2014, 09:05 AM
Welcome back to the roost, Kevan...post some of your orange bike pics, please.

jmoore
01-31-2014, 09:06 AM
The bike never forgets.

It might not forget but it will throw a few flats at you for leaving it alone for a while.

keevon
01-31-2014, 09:25 AM
From one Kevan to another - welcome back :beer:

wooly
01-31-2014, 10:14 AM
Welcome back Kevan! I took some time off from cycling a few years ago. But it was nice coming back to the forum and seeing some familiar names. Did you put in your deposit? :banana:

Kevan
01-31-2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks, guys!

Kittle House: love their bar for a burger and glass o'red. A real fav for meeting up with the guys to catchup.

No deposit, but bought a t shirt. Lol!

Told them next time I didn't want no stinkin' tshirt, but a new frame.

We shall see.

I'm game for shooting some orange, please don't hold your breath though.

William
01-31-2014, 10:39 AM
Welcome back brother, long time no see!:cool:

William

PS: Connor is taller than both of us now!:eek:

christian
01-31-2014, 10:43 AM
Welcome back Kevan!

If/when you want to take a nice little ride, just let me know. I'm around and always up for a social spin!

BumbleBeeDave
01-31-2014, 10:46 AM
. . . and how is Sandy? :rolleyes:

BBD

David Kirk
01-31-2014, 10:56 AM
Good to hear from you - I hope you and yours are well.

dave

gasman
01-31-2014, 10:59 AM
I was just thinking of you and some others who used to post here. Welcome back, hope you are well.

Kevan
02-01-2014, 12:15 AM
So these days I'm a walking fool. I adopted my dad's boxer-mix, and as it turns out, she has significant walking requirements.

Thanks for ride offers, but I need to get my act together first.

DK: your FB image posting grace my news feed. It's wonderful to see your work.

In the meantime, my work: www.kevanslens.com

weisan
02-01-2014, 05:07 AM
Welcome back, kevan-pal. This is your home, make yourself comfortable, as if you never left.
Nice work with your photography, strong theme, solid composition, good use of color on the digital canvas.