PDA

View Full Version : Worst customer service EVER!

sales guy
01-30-2014, 07:11 AM
As an industry person-some of you know the real me and who I work/worked for, others, I work in the bike industry and have for almost 30 years. I have had the opportunity to experience some great and historic companies. Whether as an employee or as a customer. And I've had to unfortunately deal with some of the worst as both.
This one, as both customer and industry guy.

Milani Cycles in Italy.

Just a quickly note, I will publish more from this experience but the baby is being a pain today, so I have her to deal with. And of course the wife's 39th birthday is today. So ugh on that one.

Anyways, I own a repping group and we handled some different lines from a company who was looking at bringing Milani in as a line. While on a trip thru Chicago, I visited a shop who had bought a few directly from Celeste Milani and Milani Cycles. He had bought 4 bikes completely built. Nice looking from afar. Up close, not so much. I told him what was up and he then started with his saga of getting things warrantied.

Let's just say, I should have listened. So here I am saying Michael, I'm sorry. I should have listened to you.

Ok, that out of the way, on to my story...

So the head of this importer asks me what I want. I tell him three different models. The Accaio Puro(gorgeous looking btw), a N109 and a N107. So of the three, I received 1. Only one after a year of waiting. The N107 Carbon Ultra.

Now, it looked great on the outside. But that where it stopped. My issue comes from a manufacturing point. And I am pretty sure Milani doesn't make these but imports them from Asia. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. As long as they do good work. And they didn't. The bottom bracket sleeve, the alloy insert, well it doesn't like to stay in one place. It moved. It rotated in the frame.
(I attached a picture of the bb guide hole, where you can see the two holes, one thru the carbon and one thru the bb insert don't match up anymore)

So, I have this problem, and I contact and contact and email and email and post on Facebook and more postings and messaging on Facebook and some phone calls(8 of them) and I get no response from Italy. So for three months I am trying to get this frame discussed. No luck. And just to mention, the importer, they won't do anything! They didn't want to work with Milani "due to time delays and poor communication/customer service".

So it looked like I was screwed. Till I remember this guy in Texas, Ed. He imports Milani but just down there. So I email him and he starts acting as a middle man. I'm sending him emails, pictures, all sorts of stuff. And three weeks goes by. Nothing from either. So I send him and Milani a letter. Basically calling them out on lack of follow up and customer care. Ed responds that Milani has not responded to HIM in three weeks, so he's stuck. I understand. I've been there. At this point I tell him who I am and I'm not just some normal joe customer. I'm Industry. ***just a note, Ed is not the issue! He was just a middle man. I have no hard feelings towards him.***

So the next day, I get a rather nasty email from Celeste Milani. In pretty good English. So I know it was crafted by someone else. At this point I will tell you I worked from some Italians directly for years. So I know when someone is using THEIR English or someone is writing for them.

This letter which I will post later, he says he doesn't believe it's a Milani. He doesn't think the mechanic has the right tools. He's not a professional. He doesn't know why it happened. It's never happened before. After 2 years, why I say it's a defect? Lots of blame on everyone but themselves.

Of course. Too be expected. Let me just say, I am crafting a nice letter back.

I will stop here as the kids are waking up. But I will post more later. It's a hoot!

oldguy00
01-30-2014, 07:21 AM
Just from the look of the one pic you posted, it looks like a pretty generic cheap looking frame. Hopefully you are out a very minimal amount of $$ on it.

buddybikes
01-30-2014, 07:28 AM
question, why would one wait a year for some asian mass produced thing and go through much compexity to get it?

CNY rider
01-30-2014, 07:33 AM
question, why would one wait a year for some asian mass produced thing and go through much compexity to get it?

+1.
So many nice carbon bikes available in this country, at all different price points.
Why go to so much effort to get this obscure piece of junk?

William
01-30-2014, 07:34 AM
N107...

http://bikewar.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/milani-n107.jpg

William

sales guy
01-30-2014, 07:45 AM
Please understand, I am NOT saying Ed was the issue. MILANI directly was the issue. I do not know Ed. Only thru a half dozen emails. He helped as best he could. The fault lies with Milani ignoring numerous emails! phone calls! Facebook posting! which by the way! they deleted!!!! So I know they saw them!

And I was waiting for the Puro. That's what I wanted. The others were for the other guys as demos and to show off.

Oh, and I'm out some cash. But I am sending it to Ruckus Carbon for a repair. So it'll be better than new for the rider.

oldpotatoe
01-30-2014, 07:47 AM
As an industry person-some of you know the real me and who I work/worked for, others, I work in the bike industry and have for almost 30 years. I have had the opportunity to experience some great and historic companies. Whether as an employee or as a customer. And I've had to unfortunately deal with some of the worst as both.
This one, as both customer and industry guy.

Milani Cycles in Italy.

Just a quickly note, I will publish more from this experience but the baby is being a pain today, so I have her to deal with. And of course the wife's 39th birthday is today. So ugh on that one.

Anyways, I own a repping group and we handled some different lines from a company who was looking at bringing Milani in as a line. While on a trip thru Chicago, I visited a shop who had bought a few directly from Celeste Milani and Milani Cycles. He had bought 4 bikes completely built. Nice looking from afar. Up close, not so much. I told him what was up and he then started with his saga of getting things warrantied.

Let's just say, I should have listened. So here I am saying Michael, I'm sorry. I should have listened to you.

Ok, that out of the way, on to my story...

So the head of this importer asks me what I want. I tell him three different models. The Accaio Puro(gorgeous looking btw), a N109 and a N107. So of the three, I received 1. Only one after a year of waiting. The N107 Carbon Ultra.

Now, it looked great on the outside. But that where it stopped. My issue comes from a manufacturing point. And I am pretty sure Milani doesn't make these but imports them from Asia. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. As long as they do good work. And they didn't. The bottom bracket sleeve, the alloy insert, well it doesn't like to stay in one place. It moved. It rotated in the frame.
(I attached a picture of the bb guide hole, where you can see the two holes, one thru the carbon and one thru the bb insert don't match up anymore)

So, I have this problem, and I contact and contact and email and email and post on Facebook and more postings and messaging on Facebook and some phone calls(8 of them) and I get no response from Italy. So for three months I am trying to get this frame discussed. No luck. And just to mention, the importer, they won't do anything! They didn't want to work with Milani "due to time delays and poor communication/customer service".

So it looked like I was screwed. Till I remember this guy in Texas, Ed. He imports Milani but just down there. So I email him and he starts acting as a middle man. I'm sending him emails, pictures, all sorts of stuff. And three weeks goes by. Nothing from either. So I send him and Milani a letter. Basically calling them out on lack of follow up and customer care. Ed responds that Milani has not responded to HIM in three weeks, so he's stuck. I understand. I've been there. At this point I tell him who I am and I'm not just some normal joe customer. I'm Industry.

So the next day, I get a rather nasty email from Celeste Milani. In pretty good English. So I know it was crafted by someone else. At this point I will tell you I worked from some Italians directly for years. So I know when someone is using THEIR English or someone is writing for them.

This letter which I will post later, he says he doesn't believe it's a Milani. He doesn't think the mechanic has the right tools. He's not a professional. He doesn't know why it happened. It's never happened before. After 2 years, why I say it's a defect? Lots of blame on everyone but themselves.

Of course. Too be expected. Let me just say, I am crafting a nice letter back.

I will stop here as the kids are waking up. But I will post more later. It's a hoot!

I went thru this with Todson once on a c-40, same issue, bb insert broke loose. Got the same, 'not our fault, crappy tools, crappy wrenching(me)'.

I hate to see this as a Ital-centric bike guy, but sometimes the Italians can be real PITA's. I'd say, letter, dump them and tell of the social media outlets available to you to tell the story.

But you know all this. I'll echo what others have said.... Far better frames available for import, from far better companies.

R3awak3n
01-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Didn't find any carbon bikes on their official website, maybe there is a reason for that.

sales guy
01-30-2014, 07:53 AM
I went thru this with Todson once on a c-40, same issue, bb insert broke loose. Got the same, 'not our fault, crappy tools, crappy wrenching(me)'.

I hate to see this as a Ital-centric bike guy, but sometimes the Italians can be real PITA's. I'd say, letter, dump them and tell of the social media outlets available to you to tell the story.

But you know all this. I'll echo what others have said.... Far better frames available for import, from far better companies.

Exactly what I'm doing.

And what I was looking for was the Puro. The n107 got caught in the crossfire. As did the rider/owner of the bike.

The bike has been ridden for only one year, 2013. And has 2423 miles on it. It was being stripped for overhaul and cleaning as we got caught in the rain a bit last year. And that's when issue happened, November 10th 2013. So it took till January 28th 2014 to get a response is the issue! And them of course they are saying a USA cycling licensed mechanic, graduate of Barrett's, and someone who's worked for multiple companies designing and making bikes and components is the problem!?!? And I was using the REAL Shimano BB wrench!! So it wasn't like I was using someone else's crappy wrench. It was the real one.

Yeah, it's a live and learn but I wanted to tell the story.

Oh, and MUCH more to follow! Stay tuned....

FlashUNC
01-30-2014, 08:01 AM
Why so bent out of shape about your wife's birthday? Seems like it would be a good distraction from all this nonsense.

sales guy
01-30-2014, 08:02 AM
Why so bent out of shape about your wife's birthday? Seems like it would be a good distraction from all this nonsense.

Cause the wife is a massive PITA. LOOOOONG story here. More Maury or Springer than bike related.

sales guy
01-30-2014, 08:04 AM
Just a note, the n107 and N109 are sexy in pictures. Hence the choosing of the three, but the customer care and real life of the frames is far from work the looks.
The owner says the ride of the bike was great. And it was his first road bike!

LJohnny
01-30-2014, 08:07 AM
Hey Sales Guy, take a deep breath! Good luck!

oldpotatoe
01-30-2014, 08:07 AM
Cause the wife is a massive PITA. LOOOOONG story here. More Maury or Springer than bike related.

Oh dear, is she Italian?

Sorry for any family issues also, makes 'it' all harder.

sales guy
01-30-2014, 08:14 AM
Oh dear, is she Italian?

Sorry for any family issues also, makes 'it' all harder.

No, not Italian. Just a pain. Like I said, long story that people think I'm making up as it all is so ridiculous. Oh well, it's her birthday. One day. That's all. And she's in the office all day so I won't have her around like the past two when she worked from home due to the weather. So bit of quiet except for the screaming 15 month old and even louder 31month old.

redir
01-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Somebody please pass the popcorn :D :eek:

Tandem Rider
01-30-2014, 09:55 AM
No, not Italian. Just a pain. Like I said, long story that people think I'm making up as it all is so ridiculous. Oh well, it's her birthday. One day. That's all. And she's in the office all day so I won't have her around like the past two when she worked from home due to the weather. So bit of quiet except for the screaming 15 month old and even louder 31month old.

This is the part that really matters.

As you know, all bikes come and go, expensive lesson learned. School ain't free.

Enjoy your kids. Now. In a couple of weeks they will be reclusive teenagers with 10 word vocabularies. They will then treat you like a pariah and not want to be seen in public with a parent that has two heads with 3 eyes in each.

zap
01-30-2014, 10:08 AM
christ, partners have been known to pop in and read some of this. I know school can be expensive, but how much more does one really want to pay.

oldpotatoe
01-30-2014, 10:13 AM

Nannying my 2 1/2 and 9 month old grand daughters right now. Both have colds, not happy campers.

sales guy
01-30-2014, 10:27 AM
christ, partners have been known to pop in and read some of this. I know school can be expensive, but how much more does one really want to pay.

My wife, she doesn't care. Won't check on it. Not worried at all.

sales guy
01-30-2014, 10:28 AM
This is the part that really matters.

As you know, all bikes come and go, expensive lesson learned. School ain't free.

Enjoy your kids. Now. In a couple of weeks they will be reclusive teenagers with 10 word vocabularies. They will then treat you like a pariah and not want to be seen in public with a parent that has two heads with 3 eyes in each.

I have a 12 yr old also, so I know what you mean.

sales guy
01-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Nannying my 2 1/2 and 9 month old grand daughters right now. Both have colds, not happy campers.

My littlest, she just loves to be a pain and not sleep.
The boy, he just loves to run around and scream and laugh. He's hilarious. He will at least take a nap.

oldpotatoe
01-30-2014, 10:35 AM
My littlest, she just loves to be a pain and not sleep.
The boy, he just loves to run around and scream and laugh. He's hilarious. He will at least take a nap.

Both grand daughters fight sleep, cannot figure out why. When they are older they will fight being awake.

sales guy
01-30-2014, 10:42 AM
Both grand daughters fight sleep, cannot figure out why. When they are older they will fight being awake.

My 12 yr old, she was an angel when she was little. This one, holy hell. Never slept more than 20 minutes at a time since born. My wife, came downstairs and was grumpy cause she was a pain all night for her. So of course, that made the birthday worse. But oh well.

Black Dog
01-30-2014, 10:49 AM

Are you sure that you are not looking after my kids?

sales guy
01-30-2014, 11:04 AM
So here is the original letter from me(at the bottom) and their response so say it's my fault.

By the way, I bought the bike in August of 2011. It was not ridden or built up until February of 2013. It wasn't my size and the guy it was for, I fired him cause he didn't work. So I ended up with a frame I didn't need. A buddy of mine was interested in road riding and maybe trying a triathlon. So I built it up with NOSD Dura Ace 7700 and mavic wheels. He loves the bike. Hates the wheels. He says they are slow. I think it's operator error of course. Or he overtrained early in the year and burnt himself out. Who knows.

But my buddy is pissed. Cause I've copied him on these. He wants to send it back to Italy and tell Celeste to shove it or donate it after it's fixed. But I've told him, they won't care, they won't fix it and they sure as hell ain't going to donate it. It's an oh well.

Ill post more later when the monster go to nap.

Dear Mr.

1.First of all, after almost 3 years it is quite unacceptable to talk of ...defective frame... !!

2.Frame set Milani N 107 with serial number 0399 it has not been sold to you. Unfortunately we did not find your name in the file of our customers.

3. The only picture sent on January 215th from Mr. Ed Muccioli showing a bottom bracket with a screw inside ?? it does not show that the frame is a Milani N 107, please send a full picture of the frame and detail of the bottom bracket.

4.What happen to the bottom bracket ? Never had problem before riding for years the bike ? You say that during a cleaning process trying to remove the BB the alloy insert started to spin ...
Who did this operation ? A professional mechanic ? Are we sure that the person that tried to remove the BB made the right steps ?
5. Difficult to say that it is ...a structural defect or a defective frame !!!that must be covered by the warranty.
6. Of course we can first check it out the BB, fix and repair it here in our workshop in Italy.
7. Be careful before to talk about of AFTER SALES SERVICE and COMMUNICATION !!

8 . I asked to Mr. Muccioli who is reading in copy to provide me documentation proving you are a Milani customer (first purchase). I only got a picture with a screw in the BB !!! ???
9. You said you bought it from LOGICA, I do not have knowledge Logica has bikes shops ? Logica as far as I know is/was a Distributor selling to independent stores in CANADA.
10. Last products Milani sold to Logica beginning of 2011.

If you prefer to have the frame (once it is clear is a Milani product, with purchase document , etc) repaired in Italy, we see how to manage the issue,

Regards
Celeste Milani

----- Original Message -----
To: ed@italianbicycleparts.com ; Edward Muccioli ; info@milanicycles.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:17 PM
Subject: RE: Defective Milani Frame

Ed and to Milani Cycles,

I am writing to both you and Milani as I have not heard anything for a few weeks now. For whatever reason, Milani refuses to warranty this defective frame that I, the original owner purchased. There is clearly an issue with it, as the photos show. I have been trying for almost 3 months now with no recourse other than I send the frame for repair and I pay the bill personally.

Not only is this unacceptable, but also the lack of communication completely unacceptable. I have sent numerous emails to Milani not only at the info@ email, but thru FaceBook and I have also posted things on Facebook. Those messages were deleted so clearly, someone saw them and they have decided not to reconcile the defective frame.

Whether there is an issue I am unaware of, or Milani just doesn't care about after sale customer service is irrelevant at this point. It has been 3 months and I can no longer wait to get some kind of resolution.

I am perfectly happy sending this out for proper repair. And I am doing so this week. But, I am also perfectly happy, and will do so, make sure that anyone who sees this frame, the Milani name or is even thinking about a Milani Bicycle knows about the lack of customer service, the lack of care to even contact the consumer if they have an issue and the appalling quality of their workmanship.

I work in the Bicycle Industry. And I find this type of lack of attention to a customer extremely saddening. Especially to an industry person!

I am not sure what else to say here other than I had hoped for a better outcome but clearly, that is not available given the lack of care shown in this matter.

MrCiclo
01-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Salesguy, I understand your frustrations, but I wouldn't bother to pursue this any further. As others have replied, I see no reason for owning a Milani. If you really want it repaired, a tube of 3M DP420 will do it along with some careful prep work. I did the same for an out of warranty Look 585.

BumbleBeeDave
01-30-2014, 03:03 PM
. . . and does a pretty good job of it from what I've seen on this board and elsewhere.

I'm with Ciclo . . . seems like it's beating your head against a wall to continue trying to get satisfaction from this company.

BBD

merckx
01-30-2014, 04:21 PM
You've been in the "industry" for 30 years. Your wife is 39 years old. I see what is going on here. Btw, good luck with finding a suitable resolution.

sales guy
01-30-2014, 07:10 PM
You've been in the "industry" for 30 years. Your wife is 39 years old. I see what is going on here. Btw, good luck with finding a suitable resolution.

I've been working in shops and racing since 11. I've worked for component and bike/frame companies in various ways. I was the GM of an Italian shoe brand. Had a shop at one point till a divorce. Traveled for pros as a wrench and seen some crazy stuff. I've been in the industry for almost 30 years. And yep, the wife is younger than me, but not by much.

I agree I am beating a dead horse on this whole thing. It's just sad and stupid all at the same time. I am huge on customer service which is why I am the only factory guy for this one particular company in the USA. They have no other reps but me. And it was cause an old sale manager recommended me when they were at an event together. And it drives me absolutely nuts when people give ····ty service.

So, while it won't do any good, my story is out there.

merckx
01-30-2014, 07:23 PM
I was just giving you a little poke in fun. Really, good luck with the frameset.

R3awak3n
01-30-2014, 07:56 PM
to be honest, its not just with bikes, european customer service sucks. When I moved to the US 10 years ago it was one of the first things I noticed, people able to return whatever they wanted, no questions asked, no receipt, amongst other things.

Even if you are able to get the damn thing repaired, you going to pay to send it to them and they will take months to give it back, more calls and more frustration and then the taiwan made bike will have some other problem on return, some creak or something like that.

sales guy
01-30-2014, 08:07 PM
I know you guys are right. And some are just giving me ····. And I'm cool with it. No worries there.

I gave it to a friend to use so I need to get it fixed especially since we ride together and I hate being thought of giving or selling something that's bad or crappy.
So it's boxed and going to Ruckus for repair. Shouldn't take long and the cost is low so I'm good with it.

parris
01-30-2014, 08:12 PM
Unless it's changed in the last few years Benelli and Beretta sucked as well. It's part of the reason so many shooters would buy through Rich Cole. It's also why "upstarts" like Cesar Geurini (sp) have captured a decent part of that market. Good luck with the frame.

slidey
01-30-2014, 08:37 PM
You are flat-out wrong. I've interacted with Fizik in Italy a couple of times, and both times I've had impeccable service that involved no questions asked replacement as well.
to be honest, its not just with bikes, european customer service sucks.

Since you're generalising, have you dealt with Apple regarding hard disk data recovery issues?
When I moved to the US 10 years ago it was one of the first things I noticed, people able to return whatever they wanted, no questions asked, no receipt, amongst other things.

Let me know when you've done both of the above.

sales guy
01-30-2014, 09:32 PM
You are flat-out wrong. I've interacted with Fizik in Italy a couple of times, and both times I've had impeccable service that involved no questions asked replacement as well.

Since you're generalising, have you dealt with Apple regarding hard disk data recovery issues?

I've done both. The Fizik thing, I think you need to understand who owns it. It's an American guy who owns majority of the company. Andrew Herrick kind of kicked some tail over there. I know the guy. He doesn't mess around when it comes to customer service. He is the CEO of Intense now. And still part owner of crank brothers. Was one of the founders of Pedro's.

As for Apple, I've had great support from them. Always had things warrantied when I've had issues.

I think tech companies are a bit different than others given the possible operator errors that could occur and be claimed as defects or warranties. HUGE difference than a bottom bracket insert coming loose on a barely used frame.

R3awak3n
01-30-2014, 09:58 PM

hard disk recovery issues? is that even something customer service is suppose to help you with? Also I have dealt with apple a bunch and been very satisfied with the customer service. 2 ipods broke on me and they gave me brand new ones. I broke my laptop screen and even though they were not suppose to fix it for free they did fix it for free.

Maybe I was generalizing because I have had experience with customer service in both continents. Also fizik is a global company, I am sure if you buy a ferrari you are going to have good customer service. Also its not all of europe, I had much better customer service when I lived in london (closer to american customer service) than when I lived in Lisbon (where I am originally from). Look I am sure some companies in Italy have GREAT customer service but what I have seen from experience and from ACTUALLY have lived in europe most of my life is that US companies are miles ahead when it comes with customer service and with that my friend, you cannot argue.

slidey
01-30-2014, 11:08 PM
My point was with your statement in your previous post which stated 'european customer service sucks', and the ensuing comparative generalizations. Now by your own admission the above generalization is not true. That's what I mean by generalizing; covering an entire continent with one broad sweeping brush. As for the rest of your comparisons, sure, you very well may be right. I have no reason not to believe you, but I'm not going to take it as gospel either...to each his own really.

Maybe I was generalizing because I have had experience with customer service in both continents. Also fizik is a global company, I am sure if you buy a ferrari you are going to have good customer service. Also its not all of europe, I had much better customer service when I lived in london (closer to american customer service) than when I lived in Lisbon (where I am originally from). Look I am sure some companies in Italy have GREAT customer service but what I have seen from experience and from ACTUALLY have lived in europe most of my life is that US companies are miles ahead when it comes with customer service and with that my friend, you cannot argue.

Charles M
01-31-2014, 10:52 AM
I wouldnt toss "Europe" under the bus...

I've had stellar response from some companies and crappy response from others.

Lots of times it's from companies that just don't handle their business well and try to run the product through 2-3-4 distributors rather than finding high quality distribution... Even then, some companies will wait till the product gets a great representative and then screw that company by opening their own distribution source on the backs of a lot of effort... And along the way they never treated warranty well, but their distributor did a good job.

But not all are bad.

There's also the fact that lots of people simply did something that skirted the system to get a product for 20-30-50% discounts but want to be treated like retail customer royalty (Not saying that's what happened here). I think it's absolute BS when someone bucks the system, cuts out retailers and distribution and then expects a manufacturer (or worse, a shop that spends the money to stock the brand but didnt get the sale) to go through all the steps to handle product issues... That's typically a euro brand situation, but it's not the brands issue. Products cost X and inside that number there is profit and security. Pay 50 off X and get what you pay for... While that's typically a Euro brand associated issue, it's more about the a$$hole US customer rather than the Euro manufacturers issue.

oldpotatoe
01-31-2014, 11:06 AM

Lots of times it's from companies that just don't handle their business well and try to run the product through 2-3-4 distributors rather than finding high quality distribution... Even then, some companies will wait till the product gets a great representative and then screw that company by opening their own distribution source on the backs of a lot of effort... And along the way they never treated warranty well, but their distributor did a good job.

But not all are bad.

There's also the fact that lots of people simply did something that skirted the system to get a product for 20-30-50% discounts but want to be treated like retail customer royalty (Not saying that's what happened here). I think it's absolute BS when someone bucks the system, cuts out retailers and distribution and then expects a manufacturer (or worse, a shop that spends the money to stock the brand but didnt get the sale) to go through all the steps to handle product issues... That's typically a euro brand situation, but it's not the brands issue. Products cost X and inside that number there is profit and security. Pay 50 off X and get what you pay for... While that's typically a Euro brand associated issue, it's more about the a$$hole US customer rather than the Euro manufacturers issue.

Yowser, 4.0 Charles! Perfect score.

sales guy
01-31-2014, 01:20 PM

But not all are bad.

Thank you for not throwing me under the bus brother. It is a unique situation as I am industry. But the facts are the frMe is barely used AND the bb insert came loose. The email, he even questions whether it's his product. Which he has the pictures. So he knows it is. In this case it's shi!tty euro service. But yes, it have had great service many times before. As Pez will attest as he's dealt with me before.

By the way, how are the shoes? Did you see Gripels? I am trying to talk them into doing a United Colors of the Protour. Not sure if they'll do it though.

CromoSapien
01-31-2014, 02:32 PM

Yeah... and buses need a little love too

:)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2420452/Green%20Edge%20Bus.jpg

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/17815868/it-was-my-first-day-bus-driver-sorry-for-chaos-at-le-tour/

ultraman6970
01-31-2014, 10:49 PM
Sincerely? probably you wont get crap from almost any italian bike manufacturers. de rosa is famous for not answering emails, carrera I know that answer questions for example. From the whole european continent probalby the spaniards are the ones that worry more about costumer service, italians are italians for their stuff... you know... even campagnolo is special...

So kind'a doesn't surprise me that you got stuck in the middle of nowhere with the problem.

Good luck with this one....

Thank you for not throwing me under the bus brother. It is a unique situation as I am industry. But the facts are the frMe is barely used AND the bb insert came loose. The email, he even questions whether it's his product. Which he has the pictures. So he knows it is. In this case it's shi!tty euro service. But yes, it have had great service many times before. As Pez will attest as he's dealt with me before.

By the way, how are the shoes? Did you see Gripels? I am trying to talk them into doing a United Colors of the Protour. Not sure if they'll do it though.

ariw
02-03-2014, 04:18 PM
FWIW, I had the BB shell come loose on a Cervelo R2.5, which was a warranty replacement for a previous R2.5 where the chainstay unbonded itself. Called Cervelo directly, had a new R3 in a few weeks, and they threw in a t-shirt and a few tires as well. Their customer service reps were excellent, I wouldn't worry about buying from them again.

Even better was Pedro's though. I have their t-handle allens, and I lost the 4mm. I emailed asking if I could buy just that one, and someone emailed back asking where to send it, no charge. To top it off, he called me a week later to make sure that I got it. They took an inexpensive transaction and made me a very happy customer.

-Ari