PDA

View Full Version : Oh, My God They Killed Kevin!!

Kane
01-29-2006, 02:42 AM
Opps!! It would have been a lot funnier if Kevin was Kevan. After all these years, now I know.

Today I brought home the NOS Hors that I found at a bike shop 1500 miles away from my home thanks to this forum. It is a little small at 58.5, I really ride a 59.5. But I didn't think that I would ever find a brand new frame with a DKS rear in a 59.5. So I decided to buy it and try it out. I moved most of the components over from my Ottrott, except for the handlebars, stem and headset. I was able to find a Serotta Ti quill stem on e-bay.

I took the Hors out for a 45 minute spin this afternoon and am still trying to dial in the fit. It is still too early to give an educated opinion on the ride, but I do have a grin from ear to ear.

By the way, I also scored a back-up set of new elastomers. It seems that someone stole the elastomers off of Ben's bike when he wasn't looking. :D

Kevan,
Admittedly, I have been away from the internet for a while. I mean I've been gone so long that Big Mac means a hamburger.

Not only did you buy a Hors, you retired your Ottrott? Whatever happened to your Calfee. Have I been gone so long that DBRK (Douglas) bought your Calfee and he's in line for your Ottrott?

After being a vegetarian for thirty years, I decided that the mercury levels in fish were too high to use fish as my primary source of protein. So I started eating organic turkey. What the hell I always loved the taste of bacon and my favorite restaurant has organic bacon, so I'm eating a BLT-PB. But frankly, I'm more surprized that you have a hor hanging around. And, I would not be in shock to find that your wife is upset.

Cheers,

Kane

P.S.
Tell Sandy I said hello, just don't tell me he sold his CSi

Kevin
01-29-2006, 06:31 AM
Kevin,
Not only did you buy a Hors, you retired your Ottrott?

The Ottrott has not been retired. It will continue to be my main ride. It is at the LBS being upgraded with some very top-secret components. In preparation for the Open House I am having missile launchers and oil slick activaters installed.

Kevin

JohnS
01-29-2006, 06:39 AM
Kevin,
Whatever happened to your Calfee. Have I been gone so long that DBRK (Douglas) bought your Calfee and he's in line for your Ottrott?

Cheers,

Kane

P.S.
Tell Sandy I said hello, just don't tell me he sold his CSi
That's KevAn, not KevIn, who rides a Calfee and has an unnatural relationship with Sandy. :D

Kevin
01-29-2006, 06:41 AM
That's KevAn, not KevIn, who rides a Calfee and has an unnatural relationship with Sandy. :D

I would never think of riding a Calfee :butt: , though I look forward to someday riding with Sandy. :beer:

Kevin

pdxmech13
01-29-2006, 01:08 PM
The Ottrott has not been retired. It will continue to be my main ride. It is at the LBS being upgraded with some very top-secret components. In preparation for the Open House I am having missile launchers and oil slick activaters installed.

Kevin

coooooooollllll.