PDA

View Full Version : Nimble Carbon Wheels

Mud
01-28-2006, 12:12 PM
We had our first ride on the new tubular wheels using Conti Sprinters and it was impressive. I set the tires to the same pressure as we had used in the clinchers and the small bumps seemed to be smoothed out. I am pleased but like all of us who a little nuts I am curious about carbon tubies.

I have read Francois' reports on Road Bike Review but Nimble's were not tested as yet. True tests come from riders who actually use the product and don't get it free or paid to say nice things. I have heard nice things about the Spider (metal clincher) on this site but nothing about the Carbon Tubie. I wish to be enlightened as I was about Brooks and tubular wheels.

Thanx

Frustration
01-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Why do people always rule out publications as "paid"? for the most part, that's just pure bull*****... (and lots of folks here are wrong to think it)

I would argue that you are more likely to get a bull***** review from someone who just dropped coin on something, as they just spent their own money on it and probably wouldn't have the guts to bash their own reasoning for getting something.

Plus john Q public just plain lacks perspective, where some people that write for publication are more likely to have had a better understanding of more equipement (meaning they don't lack perspective like most of the public...)

If I had a nickle for every blowhard that lacks worthy hands on experience with a broad enough range of product but is extremely quick with an oppinion, I would have a couple dollars...

Mud
01-28-2006, 01:49 PM
but what I am interested in is whether you ride the wheels