PDA

View Full Version : OT: one wheel motorcycle

eddief
01-22-2014, 09:21 PM
taking preorders at $5K. Dump the Ducati.

http://rynomotors.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1YoCfm7nxU&list=PLIhIpbQeK65G4TAK5EccuuCiowTaLsJhR

cmbicycles
01-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Wow, 10mph top speed and goes up to 10 miles per charge... imagine all the possibilities. Where do I sign up? :rolleyes:

thirdgenbird
01-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Q: How far can RYNO travel on a charge? How fast?
A: Depending on conditions and riding style, you can go around 10 miles on your RYNO. Top speed is 10mph, the pace of a very fast run.

I wouldn't call 10mph a "very fast run". Even this guy has maintained over 10mph for a full mile.

10mph over 10 miles makes for a pretty fast pace, but not a "very fast run."

Coluber42
01-23-2014, 10:15 AM
So it serves the same "purpose" as a Segway. Fast enough to be obnoxious on the sidewalk, but not quite fast enough for anyone to bother making 'em ride in the street. Bulky enough to block the bike lane, while being slow enough to be really annoying to get stuck behind.

I guess the one saving grace is that at least an electric vehicle doesn't spew exhaust into your face when you're stuck behind it.

djg
01-23-2014, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't call 10mph a "very fast run". Even this guy has maintained over 10mph for a full mile.

10mph over 10 miles makes for a pretty fast pace, but not a "very fast run."

I'd say it's fast enough to count as running, as opposed to jogging. Although I reckon that world class (or even D1) distance runners might disagree. Maybe a "very fast run" works if we stipulate the right age group? An extremely fast jog?

Mark McM
01-23-2014, 11:11 AM
So it serves the same "purpose" as a Segway. Fast enough to be obnoxious on the sidewalk, but not quite fast enough for anyone to bother making 'em ride in the street. Bulky enough to block the bike lane, while being slow enough to be really annoying to get stuck behind.

I guess the one saving grace is that at least an electric vehicle doesn't spew exhaust into your face when you're stuck behind it.

But this is better than a Segway! The Ryno microcycle has a seat, for those who are too lazy to stand on a Segway!

ceolwulf
01-23-2014, 11:13 AM
It needs a gas turbine and a 100mph top speed.

thirdgenbird
01-23-2014, 03:13 PM
I'd say it's fast enough to count as running, as opposed to jogging. Although I reckon that world class (or even D1) distance runners might disagree. Maybe a "very fast run" works if we stipulate the right age group? An extremely fast jog?

Yeah, fast enough to be a run, but not a very fast run.