PDA

View Full Version : Cyclus Tools

campy man
01-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know a source for Cyclus tools?

Trying to source and price the tool to extract the Campy Power Torque crankarm, Cyclus 720249.

donevwil
01-22-2014, 02:47 PM
I purchased a couple Cyclus tools from Ribble (great price, fast shipping), but a quick site check didn't reveal the tool you want.

druptight
01-22-2014, 02:55 PM
This thread is what you're looking for:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=79127

oldpotatoe
01-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Does anyone know a source for Cyclus tools?

Trying to source and price the tool to extract the Campy Power Torque crankarm, Cyclus 720249.

United Bicycle Supply, formerly United Bicycle Tools, a distributor.

Or direct from Cyclus, I think. I got mine from a guy I know in the Netherlands but I think you can buy direct. Also try Ceeway tools, a UK company.

campy man
01-22-2014, 11:45 PM
Found it on the Cyclus website for approx ... $200 :help:

That's more than I paid for the crankset :eek:

oldpotatoe
01-23-2014, 06:57 AM
Found it on the Cyclus website for approx ... $200 :help:

That's more than I paid for the crankset :eek:

Well, yes, shop level tools ARE expensive..My bearing press costs almost $300....and a finer UT/PT bearing press does not exist IMHO..far better than the 'hammer the thing on', park type..altho I use the park crank arm puller all the time(or did) and it works fine.

ultraman6970
01-23-2014, 08:32 AM
You might need a bearing puller type of tool and modify the thing a little bit to work for you.

Isnt easier to have somebody to come up with a self extracting bolt as the old shimano arabesque used to have??

ceolwulf
01-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Isnt easier to have somebody to come up with a self extracting bolt as the old shimano arabesque used to have??

I bet an aftermarket one for these cranks would be well worth making. I know I'd buy one.

ultraman6970
01-23-2014, 08:43 AM
When I saw the crank thought in the possibility (of self extracting bolts) waiting for the thing to come up at some time, over a year and nothing. Even would had been wiser for campagnolo to have this already in the crank, sure would have helped to sell a lot more cranks. I been noticing many dont like them due to the tools, not because of design or anything wrong with them just tools.

Remember back in the day when shimano came with the self xtracting thing, my dad bought 2 sets of cranks right away and we dumped the zeus and saavedra ones right away. Darn crank extractors in my country were hard to find 30 years ago.

ultraman6970
01-23-2014, 08:45 AM
Potato, the regular crank arm puller works with this cranks?? thought the threaded hole was larger than the usual squared tapper arm hole. If are the same, dont see the reason for an specific crank extractor.