PDA

View Full Version : Current availabiity of Pegoretti Marcelos with non-conn paint?

rallizes
01-20-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm kinda-sorta-pending-selling-some-frames considering a stock Marcelo (52cm) with non-conn paint.

I've made some inquiries and was told by a shop "Gita has sold out of all non-conn Marcelos".

Are people currently seeing Marcelos with non-conn paint in their local LBS? Or is it pretty much just conn Marcelos these days?

Conn paint: http://www.pegoretticicli.com/frames/graphics/conn

John H.
01-20-2014, 11:22 AM
I would say that you should call a few of their largest dealers to see what they have in stock.
Call the jerk or above category- might get lucky.

pdmtong
01-20-2014, 11:34 AM
did you call Gita yourself?

bikyle does not stock frames

AC stocks frames

IBC stocks frames

also in the bay area try Velotech (palo alto) and montano velo (oakland) and red lantern (menlo park)

zetroc
01-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Montano Velo has the most Pegorettis I've ever seen in one place, though I haven't been to AC or IBC.

Lionel
01-20-2014, 12:06 PM
I guess this US stock conn paint is not easy to move. Not sure what the US importer was thinking when they decided on this one.

RedRider
01-20-2014, 12:30 PM
The stock in the Marcelo is mostly in the Conn finish. I have not been able to find any other finishes for our shop in requested sizes in recent month.

rallizes
01-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the thoughts on this.

Perhaps I'll end up with a conn, ride it for a while and then get it repainted.

jmeloy
03-22-2014, 08:07 PM
did you call Gita yourself?

bikyle does not stock frames

AC stocks frames

IBC stocks frames

also in the bay area try Velotech (palo alto) and montano velo (oakland) and red lantern (menlo park)

Been to Bikyle to get fitted for mine and they definitely stock some frames. There were a total of 11 when I was there.

bking
03-23-2014, 09:08 AM
lakeside bikes in lake oswego oregon always has 8 or 10 frames.

tiretrax
03-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Been to Bikyle to get fitted for mine and they definitely stock some frames. There were a total of 11 when I was there.

Were they current year? I thought they dealt in NOS.

rallizes,
Call Gita and ask nicely to find out which dealers bought the size and style you seek. You also might see if they know which might have a prior year's model in stock.

They've been very helpful in my efforts to get my bike repainted.

There's a dealer outside of Houston that had a bunch in stock the last time I was there. They didn't have my size and were very aggressive in contacting me to sell one when they did get one.

jmeloy
03-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Were they current year? I thought they dealt in NOS.

Call Gita and ask nicely to find out which dealers bought the size and style you seek. You also might see if they know which might have a prior year's model in stock.

They've been very helpful in my efforts to get my bike repainted.

Got mine via them in 2011 and the floor stock was all current. Could of changed by now but didn't think so.

Thinking about selling my Marcelo as I never have gotten the fit quite right. Kyle did a quality fitting on me but we ended up with a stock 56 and I really needed a 55 or a custom 55.5. Every time I think about selling it I gaze at it awhile and just cannot decide. Problem was he put me where he wanted me to be and I wasn't clear enough as to where I am most comfortable.

Climb01742
03-23-2014, 10:46 AM
If your heart isn't set on a Marcelo, maybe consider a Duende? I dig my Marcelo for sure but I actually like my Duende better and the paint scheme is very pretty, IMO.

tiretrax
03-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Got mine via them in 2011 and the floor stock was all current. Could of changed by now but didn't think so.

Thanks. I'm only familiar with his web site. There's no dealer within 250 miles of me.

Problem was he put me where he wanted me to be and I wasn't clear enough as to where I am most comfortable.

I found that with my lbs, too. That's when I started my trove of stems!