PDA

View Full Version : Mourn the loss of the florida family

weisan
01-27-2006, 09:31 AM
I am so touched by the story of the family out in Florida who lost five children, two nieces and the grandfather all at the same time. Maybe we could commit some time in prayers today to this family.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/27/bus.crash.ap/index.html

CT Rider
01-27-2006, 09:34 AM
++1, I was already keeping them in my prayers. Sad how people's lives can take such a awful turn.

Bruce K
01-27-2006, 09:40 AM
It is an extremely sad story.

Also a bit bizarre.

How did a 15 year old girl get behind the wheel with all the other kids and get out on the road in the first place?

This doesn't sound like it was the first time, but rather it sounded to me like a routine occurance.

I think it is something beyond the loss of the children that these adults will have to live with for a long time.

BK

CT Rider
01-27-2006, 09:43 AM
How did a 15 year old girl get behind the wheel with all the other kids and get out on the road in the first place?

In Florida, you can obtain a driver's permit (the girl did indeed have one) at age 15 (or maybe 15.5). Unfotunately she was not following the adult supervision provision in the law.

Fixed
01-27-2006, 09:59 AM
bro fla is the worst state for biking ,bro no one knows what tomorrow brings enjoy today it's all you really have i.m.h.o. cheers

csm
01-27-2006, 05:41 PM
I thought the 15 yo driving was the father of the kid getting adopted?

Serotta PETE
01-27-2006, 06:06 PM
It is an extremely sad story.

Also a bit bizarre.

This doesn't sound like it was the first time, but rather it sounded to me like a routine occurance.

I think it is something beyond the loss of the children that these adults will have to live with for a long time.

BK

USA TODAY said that the gransfather 62, upon hearing of the news had a heart attack and died. So so tragic. THe FLorida State Police also said in the article that the van was not a contributor to accident. (JUST was there)
Truck pushed bus and van 200 feet. Could not even id van

The Raleigh Paper also yesterday showed a picture and provided additional details in regard to the bike rider killed by bus. It seems that the bus mirror hit the biker. He was riding in normal street clothes and was coming back from relatives. He was in mid 30s. Not a happy week for families.

When you have a bad day, just recall this type of stuff and realize how lucky we are...

csm
01-27-2006, 06:16 PM
I reread the paper and it does say that SHE was their child. my bad.