PDA

View Full Version : rapha Wind jacket sizing

cento1
01-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Guys just needed some advise on sizing,Im size XS for classics jersey and small for proteam,,Just wondering what size to get in terms of the wind jacket,rapha stocks are running low so I badly needed advise based on your experience..Im 145lbs 5'7 height..thanks

gavingould
01-19-2014, 03:48 PM
i would say it runs consistent with classic sizing. i wear XL in classic, lightweight, super lightweight jerseys. wear same for classic wind jacket and softshell jacket. i don't have any of the pro team stuff but assume i would size up.

cento1
01-19-2014, 04:34 PM
Thanks Gavin,,I knew the material is thinner but,one more concern is the fit,I like the snug fit on my jerseys,just wondering if jacket on the loose side? considering wearing few layers under im avoiding those floppy feeling during wind,btw Im buying online and since some store ran out..

gavingould
01-19-2014, 05:24 PM
hard to say without knowing your build. i find very little flapping when layered over a baselayer, jersey, and arm warmers... but i'm definitely thicker than average cyclist buying high end cycling gear.

if you wear XS in classic jersey, get the XS wind jacket.

pdmtong
01-19-2014, 06:35 PM
if you are shaped like a pencil get the xs
if you are shaped like a triangle (pointed down) get the S

I wear a large jersey, (XL in pro team, could wear a L but only for a few hours, XL better for all day)

I need XL in jacket.

The L jacket armpits are really tight as soon as I lean towards the bars. (note wear L in the vest). the extra material in the body has not been an issue