PDA

View Full Version : Cateye - GREAT Customer Service

CT Rider
01-27-2006, 06:34 AM
Some of you may remember from my previous thread that my Cateye CC300DW Wireless Computer bit the dust last week. After contacting Cateye they told me to send the unit back to them for service/replacement since the unit was about 6 months old and under warrantee. I asked about how long it would take and the answer was "we usually are fairly fast".

Well, that "we usually are fairly fast" is a incredible understatement! I mailed the defective unit out last Saturday (from Connecticut to Colorado) and yesterday (Thursday) my replacement arrived! It menas Cateye sent out a replacement the day they recieved my old one - to me that is Customer Service that deserves publicity.

JasonF
01-27-2006, 08:51 AM
I've heard similar stories about Cateye's good customer service. Lemond fitness' customer service is top notch too. I have a Revmaster along with the Pilot computer. The first unit didn't work, and they Fedex'd an entirely new unit out to me. Cateye and Lemond represent how customer service should be handled. It's too bad that most of my experiences with customer service have been poor.

CT Rider
01-27-2006, 09:04 AM
Now on the flip side of the Customer Service Spectrum....I ordered a high end Fender Stratocaster Guitar ($1600+) from a mail order music store. The guitar arrived and the first thing I noticed was the guitar had been returned (they have a fairly liberal 45 day return policy) with some minor scratching and the original shipping tags had been removed, but were still in the case. The second thing I noticed was parts were missing off the guitar, as well as from the "sealed" accessory pack which had been opened. After calling their Customer Service 4 times, they begrudgingly refunded my credit card $200 since the guitar was not 100% new (they admitted it had been returned) and PROMISED to have me the missing parts the next day. That was 12 days ago, no parts and customer service will not return my calls.

Shows how widely customer srvice varies between companies.

Catulle
01-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Thank you for sharing your experience with Cateye. Actually, I love Cateye computers while I really don't like Polar. imhp.

MartyE
01-27-2006, 07:16 PM
way back when the Astrale was the hot cadence computer
I mounted one on my bike and after a day or so had what
appeared to me an intermittent short (worked sometimes).
I called Cateye and they mailed me a new wiring harness
no questions asked.
Also kudos to Grabber/Cyclops for similiar excellent customer
service.

marty