PDA

View Full Version : Rapha on Ebay

Lovetoclimb
01-15-2014, 02:36 PM
I know someone on here recently posted about and possibly purchased a Rapha Pro Team Jacket from Ebay. I could not locate it in the search so hoping this will get their attention. I recommended to a friend that jacket might be good for his PNW climate and winter training. Especially given the hi viz yellow and low viz conditions that can be prevalent there.

Anyway my concern upon seeing the abundance of these jackets from Turkey is did anyone confirm if they are fakes? Kind of like Chinarellos, but the Turkish clothing equivalent, say RaTha . . . Otherwise saving a cool hundo seemed like a good idea, even for a doctor!

Elefantino
01-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Fake Rapha. There is a joke in there somewhere but I can't think of it offhand.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Mnm1945
01-15-2014, 06:10 PM
I have noticed more and more fake cycling items for sale on ebay lately. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

cento1
03-02-2014, 12:31 PM
I dont think the Rapha from Turkey were fakes,especially the pro team series,coz they made in Turkey,if its the classics series then ill be worried,,I bought a couple and compared it to my other clothings and there fine.it might have some minor flows or quality issues but they real...normally the cyclocross and sky and other sponsored clothings are the most fakes on ebay from china..

rwsaunders
03-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Assos has a factory outlet, but it appears to be located in the UK. Perhaps send a note to Rapha and ask the products coming from Turkey are being promoted by a dealer, are knock-offs, or if they are being promoted as a part of an outlet resource.

avalonracing
03-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Probably safe unless they say Made in England. Then you know they are fakes.

BumbleBeeDave
03-02-2014, 01:15 PM
. . . both the "real" things and the fakes come from the same factory anyway. :rolleyes:

BBD

gavingould
03-02-2014, 05:16 PM

you're misinformed. almost none of their stuff is made in England... i have a fair amount - bibs are Italy, jerseys Turkey, Czech Rep, etc... accessories China

Ahhhh I got ya now. Though I do think the Rapha/Raeburn stuff is usually made in GB.

likebikes
03-02-2014, 05:22 PM
go back and read it again more closely this time!

Stinkydub
03-02-2014, 08:45 PM

^^^ what? That's the challenge with this forum. Too many people offering BS as if it's fact. Work on making quality posts, not increasing your post numbers.

BryanE
03-02-2014, 08:54 PM
It was meant as humor.
You really didn't get it?

nighthawk
03-02-2014, 09:03 PM
^^^ what? That's the challenge with this forum. Too many people offering BS as if it's fact. Work on making quality posts, not increasing your post numbers.

I personally would have read the guys post more carefully before I called it BS, but that's just because I hate the way my foot tastes.

AngryScientist
03-02-2014, 09:06 PM

i'm just quoting this, so when your sarcasm meter, sense of humor and reading comprehension skills converge later and you delete your post, you can find a record of it here.

AngryScientist
03-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Work on making quality posts

by the way, this is the internet, no one works here, and you're not their boss, even if they did.

merlincustom1
03-03-2014, 05:55 AM
^ Bazinga.

BrianVarick
03-03-2014, 06:08 AM
I have heard that the pro team stuff in eBay from Turkey is legit. You never know though, so buyer beware.

Liv2RideHard
03-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Likely legit. Either factory seconds that didn't pass QC inspections or over abundance of product that the factory made and now has to either toss or sell through another avenue so as to not lose money.

rustychisel
03-03-2014, 07:41 AM
another Rapha thread?

Now, Matthew McConaughy winning an Oscar, now that's bogus.

oldpotatoe
03-03-2014, 07:42 AM

I guess that noise is the sound of the point(joke) whizzing over your head..UK, SKY, Rapha...doh!!!

gavingould
03-03-2014, 09:41 AM
i don't get why some people think a product needs to be made in the same country it was designed or it's somehow emotionally inauthentic.

every time one of these r-brand threads comes up it's the same decrying "looks great, i hate their marketing, maybe if it wasn't all made in China it'd be worth the asking price"
the company never traded on being made-in-UK and does not try to hide where the stuff is made.

personally i'm looking forward to getting my welded-together-in-USA set of Italian alu tubes, then bolting on a bunch of stuff from all over (but mostly Asia)

veggieburger
03-03-2014, 10:04 AM
It was meant as humor.
You really didn't get it?

Glad you said it. :):banana:

tiretrax
03-03-2014, 11:03 AM

Really? Criticizing a veteran for his turgid, but obvious post? Only a small amount of Rapha's goods are made in UK - much in China.

Who's the troll tryin to boost his number and get to 20 so you can hang out in the classfieds?

Stinkydub
03-19-2014, 10:39 PM
Really? Criticizing a veteran for his turgid, but obvious post? Only a small amount of Rapha's goods are made in UK - much in China.

Who's the troll tryin to boost his number and get to 20 so you can hang out in the classfieds?

I stand by my statement "Work on making quality posts, not increasing your post numbers".

j_roe
03-27-2014, 08:01 AM
a friend got something from "turkey" on ebay. pretty sure its the real deal

gavingould
03-27-2014, 08:52 AM
i'm sure this will come up like a hundred more times in all future Rapha threads.

they have the stuff made all over the place, many different countries. not all in China as some seem to say in every single thread. some in China, definitely!

do your research, people.