PDA

View Full Version : Keo Grip cleats

kgreene10
01-07-2014, 08:40 PM
I have never had luck with the grip cleats, but it's getting harder to find the non-gripper ones so I'm currently running the grippers.

The front gripper has become partially detached. Can I remove it and the rear gripper and still use the cleats? Will they function just like the non-gripper cleats? Alternatively, if I should re-attach the front gripper, any suggestions on adhesive?

The cleats are almost brand new and I've only walked a handful of meters in them. Not such a great innovation in my book, though they can be nice when trying to walk on a recently buffed convenience store floor.

crownjewelwl
01-08-2014, 04:30 AM
They don't last...

I have a new set of covers if you want them...lemme know an I'll drop em in the mail

KonaSS
01-08-2014, 04:38 AM
Just tear off the gripper part that is falling off. They will function just fine.

Ralph
01-08-2014, 06:22 AM
When the "gripper" stuff starts wearing off, just go ahead and remove it. Like above said. I use cleat covers (E Bay) for them any time I'm off the bike for a stop or something. Covers fit nicely and compactly in my small seat bag. Really helps with their wear.

I use these pedals on my bikes, and they have been fine. However....am considering changing pedal type some day. When these Looks wear out, and I'm can't rebuild them any more. Considering the Shimano SPD-SL pedal. Want them serviceable. Don't like throw away pedals when bearings get dry.

leooooo
01-08-2014, 07:59 AM
Same here. Cant stand the grip cleats.
Just stock up on the non-grip cleats. Bought 14 around 1.5 years ago on a eBay store (basically their stock). Kinda set on the cleat front for a few years :)