PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee dogs...mp

vaxn8r
01-25-2006, 01:11 AM
I thought this was pretty funny...whether you love dogs or whether you don't.

http://www.registerguard.com/news/2006/01/24/b1.od.rezell.0124.p1.php?section=outdoors

Sandy
01-25-2006, 04:13 AM
I enjoyed that.

Sandy

William
01-25-2006, 05:17 AM
Rhea Basset enjoyed it too. ;)

BaaWoo!

I never got chased by a dog in Eugene, but there are some mean chickens off Peoria Rd. outside of Corvallis that will chase you down. :butt:

William :rolleyes: ;)

OldDog
01-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Cousins Luther, Buford and Bo....they got more of the hillbilly blood in 'em.

Sandy
01-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Rhea Basset enjoyed it too. ;)

BaaWoo!

I never got chased by a dog in Eugene, but there are some mean chickens off Peoria Rd. outside of Corvallis that will chase you down. :butt:

William :rolleyes: ;)

I saw you chased by a butterfly at Saratoga Springs. You ain't so tough!

Monarch Mirman

William
01-25-2006, 09:45 AM
I saw you chased by a butterfly at Saratoga Springs. You ain't so tough!

Monarch Mirman

Hey! That was a poisonous Sartoga Butterfly. Most dangerous in the world! (at least that's my story) ;)

William

bcm119
01-25-2006, 11:08 AM
It sounds like that guy just moved across the river from Springfield. ;)

jdoiv
01-25-2006, 11:30 AM
around Knoxville. I started serious cycling while living there in the late '80s. I did get chased by a lot of dogs there. Funny, I never really thought about the fact that I rarely get chased by dogs now that I don't live there. :confused:
I think the important part of the story is that just 'casue a dog chases you doesn't make him a "killer". Dogs like to chase. If you stop, chances are the dog will stop too.

vaxn8r
01-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Don't be baggin' on Springtucky...er Springfield...ahem.

slowgoing
01-25-2006, 11:40 AM
If you stop, chances are the dog will stop too.

Sure, he'll stop and try to take a piece out of your calf.

When communting in college, I kept a mini Louisville slugger in my backpack with the handle sticking out of the top for easy access. Never had to do more than swing it in their general direction to get dogs to stop.

That was after I got bitten by another dog and needed twelve stitches to my calf. The dog was put down because I was his third human meal.

William
01-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Sure, he's stop and try to take a piece out of your calf.

When communting in college, I kept a mini Louisville slugger in my backpack with the handle sticking out of the top for easy access. Never had to do more than swing it in their general direction to get dogs to stop.

That's why I kinda miss having a frame pump. Just in case.

William

fiamme red
01-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Dogs may be "man's best friend," but in many rural areas, they're a cyclist's worst enemy. Often, waving a frame pump and shouting menacingly works, but at times I've wished I had a BB gun.

CNY rider
01-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Dogs may be "man's best friend," but in many rural areas, they're a cyclist's worst enemy. Often, waving a frame pump and shouting menacingly works, but at times I've wished I had a BB gun.

I find the .357 stretches out all my jersey pockets.

Sandy
01-25-2006, 12:05 PM
around Knoxville. I started serious cycling while living there in the late '80s. I did get chased by a lot of dogs there. Funny, I never really thought about the fact that I rarely get chased by dogs now that I don't live there. :confused:
I think the important part of the story is that just 'casue a dog chases you doesn't make him a "killer". Dogs like to chase. If you stop, chances are the dog will stop too.

I agree. I always stop and admonish the dog in a very forceful verbal way. It has worked thus far. Besides, I am too old and slow to sprint away.

Shiloh Shepherd Sandy