PDA

View Full Version : Chase the rainbow

jpw
03-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Chase the rainbow...

...just keep chasing it and your cycling life will never end.

Even when it's bad it's good.

Andreu
03-09-2004, 03:14 PM
is this a general discussion point or have you been sniffing the barmaids apron?
A:beer:

jpw
03-09-2004, 04:01 PM
I can't respond to that. It's beyond my comprehension.

Just saw a favoured team robbed of a result in Europe. That's Manchester United F.C. The biggest 'sporting franchise' on the planet let down by truly awful match officials, from Russia. Do they understand the 'off side' law? What happened in this game would be like a baseball official giving the last batter 4 'strikes' at the bottom of the ninth in error and then he hits the winning run. Unbelievably incompetent. Football (soccer), probably the best team game in the world.

BumbleBeeDave
03-09-2004, 05:51 PM
. . . I find soccer to be quite boring, mainly because the field is so huge and there is so little scoring. I admire the athleticism of the players a great deal, though. They are in unbelieveable cardio condition. But I feel basketball combines the cardio fitness with a lot more constant action.

But hey, what do I know? . . . Americans (like me!) are notorious for short attention spans, and obviously others do not share my boredom. Soccer is one of the most popular sports on the planet and one of the most affordable. After all, what do you really need besides a ball? Not like cycling! . . . . :rolleyes:

BBDave

Andreu
03-11-2004, 05:39 AM
Love the game being a dyed in the wool limey.... but soccer players (as you call them) are a bunch of overpaid, shandy drinking, wusses (compared with cyclists). Unfortunately, Man Utd are my teamīs biggest rivals and at the moment better than them....so I am going to sniff the barmaids apron to console myself ...hic...
How did we got onto this from Rainbows?
A
;)

jpw
03-11-2004, 06:31 AM
Chase the rainbow...the rainbow jersey.

Kevan
03-11-2004, 07:03 AM
What's up with the apron?

keno
03-11-2004, 07:14 AM
brightens my Thursday nights on the YES network. At that level, any game or sport is worth watching. I can't wait for the Arsenal game. I've even gotten slightly hooked on Killerspin table tennis. What those folks do with a few paddles, a piece of plywood, and a little ball is amazing (watchit, Kevan). And then there's the poker tour. Come to think of it, biking is a pain in the ass, what with axle problems, chains jumping off, broken collarbones, a 62 year old man with the cardio fitness of very fit 40 year old and the varicose veins of a 62 year old man, the down hill speed of a racer going up the same hill - I won't go on as I've begun to weep. Time to ride and tire myself out so weeping will take too much effort.

keno