PDA

View Full Version : 42 Degeees...Went for a Ride....How do you guys do it?

Ralph
01-03-2014, 11:18 AM
It was 42 when I went out this AM....mighty cold. But dry and sunny. Got some Colorado ski trip clothes in closet. But it doesn't usually get cold often enough and winter doesn't last long enough here to buy too much cold weather gear. Did use some toe warmers on shoes, a couple layers, wind vest, glove liners, tights, etc....stuff like that. But ended after about 25 miles. Just too cold. I know all you guys who live where it really gets cold have real cold weather clothes, mitts, ridding boots, etc, but still don't see how you ride when it's cold, wet, and overcast. And I know many of you ride in these conditions. I would have to find another sport for winter if I didn't live here.

Climb01742
01-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Forecast says it will be -9 here tonight. 42 looks like up from here, Ralph.;)

My cardio today was shoveling a foot of snow off our driveway. Oy, winter gets old fast.

JAGI410
01-03-2014, 11:31 AM
You simply have to HTFU :)

soulspinner
01-03-2014, 11:40 AM
At 42 I use full booties, Id kill for 42 right now. Went riding just below 32 couple days ago. Its all in the way u dress.............:rolleyes:

rando
01-03-2014, 11:45 AM
I thought the thread title was -42 F and yawned. Yawn.

choke
01-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Once you become acclimated to it things are a bit different.

Many years ago I was stationed in a very cold place. On his first cool day there, maybe 35-40°, one gent from Alabama goes outside wearing a ski mask with the holes for eyes/mouth...pulled down over his face. :eek: Needless to say he got a bit of flak for that. Fast forward a few months and one day it gets up to 35° so several of us decide to go out and play volleyball in the snow. He's out there with us and before long is down to a t-shirt. I remember well his response when someone made note of the fact that the cold didn't seem to bother him like it did at first - "If my Daddy could see me now he'd have me locked up in the crazy house."

Fishbike
01-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Layers. You need more layers. I hate being cold which means I really layer up and really look like the Michelin Man sometimes, but hey, if I can avoid the trainer. . . .

For 42 degrees I will wear a tutleneck base layer, a thin wool layer, a heavy jersey, a wind proof jacket and a light weight down vest. Feet have toe warmers and booties. I would also probably put on knee warmers under my tights. Balacava under the helmet. For colder weather, I do even more layers. Yup, I am a cold weather wimp.

mcteague
01-03-2014, 11:54 AM
42 is fine. I have problems in the 20s. Then, my fingertips just hurt like hell no matter what I wear on my hands. On downhills, the wind feels like it is cutting into my face.

Tim

tv_vt
01-03-2014, 12:00 PM
42 degrees, dry and sunny sounds mighty heavenly at the moment (2 degrees with wind chill of -19 F)...

rice rocket
01-03-2014, 12:06 PM
I mountain bike more when it's cold out. More exercise at lower speeds, so the windchill doesn't hurt as much.

I went out last night at 15 degrees with tights, boots, jacket, and a baselayer and was comfortable for the first hour...until I wiped out and covered myself in snow. :rolleyes:

bcroslin
01-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Just a smidge less than 50 here in St Pete today which wasn't bad. What was bad was the sustained 15-18 mph winds with gusts over 20. I did a quick 20 miles and threw in the towel.

Tomorrow I'll be racing CX and the temps should stay right around 70.

Climb01742
01-03-2014, 12:10 PM
42 degrees? Luxury!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JK5kChbRw

Admiral Ackbar
01-03-2014, 12:11 PM
42 degrees aint nothing! thats on the cusp of wearing summer kit for me

wallymann
01-03-2014, 12:17 PM
leg warmers, arm warmers, gilet, booties and gloves...i'm good.

add some rain at that temp, now you're talking!

It was 42 when I went out this AM....mighty cold. But dry and sunny. Got some Colorado ski trip clothes in closet. But it doesn't usually get cold often enough and winter doesn't last long enough here to buy too much cold weather gear. Did use some toe warmers on shoes, a couple layers, wind vest, glove liners, tights, etc....stuff like that. But ended after about 25 miles. Just too cold. I know all you guys who live where it really gets cold have real cold weather clothes, mitts, ridding boots, etc, but still don't see how you ride when it's cold, wet, and overcast. And I know many of you ride in these conditions. I would have to find another sport for winter if I didn't live here.

donevwil
01-03-2014, 12:20 PM
42 degrees aint nothing! thats on the cusp of wearing summer kit for me

I've got to agree with the Admiral, I live in CA and 42 is wool jersey, knee warmers, long fingered gloves, toe covers and a vest. Just keep moving. Now drop below freezing with wind and some black ice and you've got my attention.

thwart
01-03-2014, 12:29 PM
42 degrees, dry and sunny sounds mighty heavenly at the moment (2 degrees with wind chill of -19 F)...

+1.

It's all your frame of reference.

At this point, we've had such a cold winter already (with---shudder---three months to go) that 42° sounds like heaven to me.

The high temperature predicted for Monday is 12°.

Below zero.

vqdriver
01-03-2014, 12:32 PM
I mountain bike more when it's cold out. More exercise at lower speeds, so the windchill doesn't hurt as much.

agree
plus the traction on frozen earth is unreal

druptight
01-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Agreed with the last few posters. 30 degrees is my AM cutoff for commuting on bike (due to ice, wind, etc). If it's below 30 at 6:30 when I'm suiting up, I usually don't ride in. Over 40 gear is base layer, long sleeve jersey, vest, gloves, toe covers and tights. I usually put a hat on but sometimes have to take it off in the mid 40's as my head gets too hot.

exapkib
01-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Not to pile on, but . . .

16 degrees outside when I returned from this morning's ride.

--Cover skin
--Layers
--Keep moving
--Embrace the Suck

redir
01-03-2014, 12:41 PM

I went out last night at 15 degrees with tights, boots, jacket, and a baselayer and was comfortable for the first hour...until I wiped out and covered myself in snow. :rolleyes:

Me too. 42 is not bad on the road but any lower then that and I'm on the mountain bike.

Bar Mitts are awesome!

Spaceman Spiff
01-03-2014, 12:45 PM
I feel like you have to acclimatize to temperature and humidity, just like you do elevation. The first "cold" ride of the fall (in these parts, less than 50) and the first "hot" ride of the spring (temperatures over 80) always seem to be brutal. But, then you get used to it and you move on with your riding.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

notsew
01-03-2014, 01:07 PM
It seems to have been in the mid-40s all winter here in NW Washington. I feel slower than I am when its warm, like I can never get the blood flowing to my legs all the way, but if its above 40 I never feel unbearably cold. Tights, warm socks, booties, base layer, long sleeve jersey. If its real close to 40 or below, I add in a jacket. I've stopped riding in the 30s because my current tights aren't up to the challenge.

I've felt lucky that I can ride all winter after seeing all the posts of snow and negative temp her in other parts of the country/world.

OtayBW
01-03-2014, 01:14 PM
It was 42 when I went out this AM....mighty cold.
Cinch up yer panties a little tighter, MANG!! :eek: :banana:

crownjewelwl
01-03-2014, 01:26 PM
winter is for riding in the woods!

will16
01-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Last few rides have been in the teens. The part that really annoys me is when your water bottle freezes solid.

CunegoFan
01-03-2014, 01:47 PM
leg warmers, arm warmers, gilet, booties and gloves...i'm good.

This plus a good hat, and I am good for three to four hours at 42.

BumbleBeeDave
01-03-2014, 01:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRxjqOcvxoE

:p

BBD

Fixed
01-03-2014, 03:33 PM

Many years ago I was stationed in a very cold place. On his first cool day there, maybe 35-40°, one gent from Alabama goes outside wearing a ski mask with the holes for eyes/mouth...pulled down over his face. :eek: Needless to say he got a bit of flak for that. Fast forward a few months and one day it gets up to 35° so several of us decide to go out and play volleyball in the snow. He's out there with us and before long is down to a t-shirt. I remember well his response when someone made note of the fact that the cold didn't seem to bother him like it did at first - "If my Daddy could see me now he'd have me locked up in the crazy house."

I ride in 40 degrees everyday ,it was cold to me when I first got to San Francisco from Florida , but I like the cool temps now, a good wind jacket a wool jersey ,wool knee warmers and finger gloves and you feel great in 40 degrees.
Cheers

bikinchris
01-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Honest answer? Correct layers. Next to your skin, you need a base layer that will pull any sweat off your skin and hold it away. Those technical fabrics like Capilene do work.Then you place a thermal layer above that depending on how cold you feel. Some people need more than others. So fleece up as thick as you need. Outside layer is wind resistant or wind proof depending on how cold you feel again. Learning what feels good does take some experimenting. It also depends on if there is a bright sun or overcast. If you dress right, 32 is no problem.

Ralph
01-03-2014, 04:48 PM
We'll only have a few more days like this all winter, so got enough clothes for here. And if I wake up and it's freezing one morning (didn't freeze here last year), will just roll over, pat the wife on butt, and go back to sleep. A front from the SE pushes down S with rain in front, stays cold a day or so, then it's over. Yesterday low 70's and rode in shorts and jersey. Tomorrow back to 60's, and Sunday in 80's.

Mainly just commenting on how difficult it must be for some of you guys who have to put up with weather like this and much worst, for a long winter.

Seramount
01-03-2014, 05:03 PM
trying to talk about temperature regulation for anyone but one's self is pretty futile.

rode today when it was 47F and gusty. I wore:

two layers of nylon socks
fleece-lined bibs
shorts
Under Armor long-sleeve base layer
arm warmers
short sleeve cycling jersey
thin nylon windshell
cycling cap and helmet
fleece gloves w/ thermal liners

I was mostly comfortable, slightly cold going against the wind, slightly warm going downwind.

but, I lost count of riders I saw that had bare legs, bare arms, or both.

riding today in a s/s jersey and shorts would have sent me to the ER with hypothermia. apparently I am a raging wuss compared to others...

Frankwurst
01-03-2014, 07:21 PM
+1.

It's all your frame of reference.

At this point, we've had such a cold winter already (with---shudder---three months to go) that 42° sounds like heaven to me.

The high temperature predicted for Monday is 12°.

Below zero.

Living a bit north of Thwart, our high on monday will be -19 degrees. I'd ride in a t-shirt at 42 right now.:):beer:

Gummee
01-03-2014, 08:01 PM

Many years ago I was stationed in a very cold place. On his first cool day there, maybe 35-40°, one gent from Alabama goes outside wearing a ski mask with the holes for eyes/mouth...pulled down over his face. :eek: Needless to say he got a bit of flak for that. Fast forward a few months and one day it gets up to 35° so several of us decide to go out and play volleyball in the snow. He's out there with us and before long is down to a t-shirt. I remember well his response when someone made note of the fact that the cold didn't seem to bother him like it did at first - "If my Daddy could see me now he'd have me locked up in the crazy house."Same thing goes in AZ.

Went out running w the dog in the desert N of Tucson. Was 96 when I started and I got to thinking 'Wow! Its really nice out!'

If you'd told me I'd be running somewhere in 96deg temps and thinking it was nice, I'da told you you were nuts. Growing up in the DC area, 96deg comes with 100% humidity.

AFA 42deg: when I used to live in Sandy Eggo and came back to the DC area to visit for Crimmus, I'd always make big plans to go riding every day. Then the reality of a 30deg temp swing hit me and I'd manage to find ways to avoid riding.

Now, a 42deg day feels pretty darn good! Finished a 3+ hr ride yesterday with snowflakes starting to fall. Maybe got to 36deg as a high.

M
No such thing as bad weather, just inadequate gear

pdmtong
01-03-2014, 08:12 PM

agree completely

what matters more is relative temp, not absolute temp...and how hard you are working

I grew up in CA but lived two years in chicago near the lakefront. One year there was a 100d differential from the temps I left at home and the temps I arrived at back in Chicago. One january it never got above single digits. when it hit 30 I was running around in shorts and a tee.

if you are used to 60, then 40 is freezing.

today was in the low 60s. went out in full summer kit. how about that?

Llewellyn
01-03-2014, 09:58 PM
I'd rather ride in 42 degrees Fahrenheit than 42 degrees Celcius.

What's 42F in real temperatures anyway (apart from cold)?

Netdewt
01-03-2014, 10:03 PM
42 would be great!!!

raygunner
01-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Jeez what I wouldn't give for 42 degrees!

I keep saying this will be my last winter in Chicago but I really think it might be the year.

:help:

Netdewt
01-03-2014, 10:38 PM
I'd rather ride in 42 degrees Fahrenheit than 42 degrees Celcius.

What's 42F in real temperatures anyway (apart from cold)?

= 5.5C

We also have ultra cold temps coming next week (-15F HIGH = -26C). The entire state has schools cancelled already Monday, and that almost never happens due to weather in Minnesota - maybe once a decade.

ptourkin
01-04-2014, 09:02 AM
I think being able to dress for a consistent temp and condition makes all the difference in comfort. You can get ready for almost anything if you know exactly what's needed. Variable conditions are where the discomfort comes for me.

Our last brevet of the year in San Diego started in the mountains where it was in the low 30s and winds were gusting to 50. However, we started climbing straight out of the parking lot, straight up. I was only wearing a fall baselayer and Airjack 851 with bib knickers and insulated gloves (forgot toe covers.) After the first climb (2,500 ft in 10 miles) we headed out to the desert, where it hit 74. Not carrying a monstrous bag, all I could do was unzip for regulation, mostly as we climbed out of the desert 4,000 feet up Montezuma grade where it was in the 40s on top. I was still okay up there, just cycling between two thicknesses of full-fingered gloves.

The last two hours of the ride, the temp dropped back down to 32, we were descending back to the start, from 4,000 to 2,000 feet, and the wind came up. At that point, I was underdressed and suffering/borderline hypothermic at almost the same temp as the start. If I could have added one more layer at that point to compensate for the fact that I wasn't creating as much heat inside my Airjack and the fact I was tired/descending, it may have been okay.

I think it's mostly relative to preparation and ability to anticipate exactly what's out there. Also, remembering to hydrate even though it's cold, is important.

That said, once it hit the 20s, I'd be scrambling to get SAG'd out. I live in SoCal for a reason.

false_Aest
01-04-2014, 09:04 AM
HTFU.

That's what Jens would do.

thwart
01-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Just a friendly, respectful suggestion… ;)

When you live in LA, refrain from telling anyone complaining of cold temps elsewhere to HTFU.

Even if you're quoting Jens Voigt.

sjbraun
01-04-2014, 09:38 AM
and sent two pics from his 7 mile commute

Pete Mckeon
01-04-2014, 12:21 PM
i do not picture even being out at that temp to walk…...:eek:

and sent two pics from his 7 mile commute

onekgguy
01-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Our forecast high temp in Minneapolis for Monday is -17 f. I hope to be out riding the river trails in it.

The key is in not overdressing. If you step outside for your ride and you're comfortably warm, you're way overdressed. You should be chilly to begin the ride and plan on working into a nice warmth over the next few miles.

Fingers and toes are the biggest concern. Bar-Mitts of some type are an excellent remedy for fingers. I'm finding that a platform pedal and a boot without a cleat are preferable to my clipped in Lake winter boots. The cleat is too good of a conductor of the cold to my foot.

Kevin g

dawgie
01-04-2014, 07:07 PM
I ride and bike commute year-round, and 42 is a piece of cake. Most mornings in late fall, winter and early spring are colder than that. Not sure about our forecasted low of 9 F this coming Tuesday as my coldest commute so far was about 15.

Acclimation and right clothing choices are the keys to riding in cold temps. Over-dressing is as bad as under-dressing because you sweat a bunch and get even colder. A good breathable rain jacket like Showers Pass Elite with varying base layers will handle just about any winter weather.

FlashUNC
01-04-2014, 07:13 PM
42's easy.

Now, its getting down into the single digits at night here in the next few days. That's going to be cold...

Bkat
01-05-2014, 11:05 AM
The secret to riding in 42 degree temperatures is to make yourself head out when it's close to zero with a sub zero windchill. After that, everything else will seem balmy. (Says the guy sitting on the couch watching a snow storm as his bikes rest comfortably in their stands.)

jmeloy
01-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Echoing the comments of many here.... 42 sounds pretty darn good. Got out last Sunday when it was 20f with a wind chill of 9f. That was tough. Got an hour and a half in yesterday when it was 36. I struggled forever on layers now understanding that I was going out with too many, sweating and getting chilled. I also read tons of posts about what some of the more expensive gear offered. Got a Rapha Hardshell recently and wore it yesterday with just a merino wool base and was really comfortable. Finally learning that less can be more. Now my feet....

Bkat
01-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Actually, the one part of the cold that always gets me is my hands. I have Reynaud's and my fingers go dead. Then start alternating between numb and pain. If it wasn't for my paws, I stay plenty warm.

Bob Ross
01-05-2014, 06:16 PM
The very first "cold weather ride" (sic) I ever did when I first got into serious road cycling was 37°F. I had on a heavy baselayer, heavy hooded jersey, and heavy fleece jacket, and I thought I was gonna die.

A year later I went out for the first ride of the winter and it was 31°F. I thought I was gonna die.

Sometime later that same year I did a ride that started at 26°F. I thought I was gonna die. But later that winter I found myself doing a lot of ~37°F rides wearing nothing but a windvest, longsleeve jersey, and baselayer.

The following year I went for a ride when it was 21°F. I was wearing fewer layers than I was on that first 37° ride two years earlier, and the concept of dying didn't even occur to me.

Last year I went for a ride when it was 11°F, with a windchill/"RealFeel" of -2°F. It was mostly for bragging rights; I wouldn't go so far as to say it was "fun" but it certainly never occurred to me that I might die, and I would probably do it again.

Point being: You get acclimated.

David Kirk
01-05-2014, 06:47 PM
I had a really fun fatbike trail ride today - 2 hours at 3°F.

Do I wish it was sunny and 65°? Sure I do. But it was good fun nonetheless.

dave

Charles M
01-06-2014, 09:01 AM
I don't think "Layers" is an answer.

"The Right Gear"

Might not be many layers...

A very good Jacket will still breath, block wind and have some pile.

The right headwear (HUGELY IMPORTANT).

The right tights

The right footwear

The right gloves.

I hate the cold.

But what works for me may not be what works for you... Cold is pretty personal.

That said, a good quality Jacket and undershirt is all I need for 40.

Your Neck should be covered. That can be from a Jacket...

Headwear can also double up as Neck protection. For me a Balaclava is needed at 40. Good quality there will have your head and Neck warm but not overcooked.

Tights come in all types. Some dont need much cover. I prefer windtex at the knees and a reasonably thick fabric.

I use full booties at 40 and use a size up in shoes with a bit more think sock because 40, even without wind, is too cold for a cycling shoe and this sock to keep your feet right.

Gloves, like tights, are all kinds. From full insulated full wind-proof to just covers suite riders I am with at 40.

Layers doesn't work for me as well as very good single pieces.

Into the 20's and 30's... The same exact kit, but then... Another under layer of insulation.

BobbyJones
01-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Sooo.. how do I dress for this:

fiamme red
01-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Sooo.. how do I dress for this:I rode in a rain jacket this morning (fortunately, just missed the torrential downpour), and carried my winter layers and mittens in a backpack for the commute home.

Anarchist
01-06-2014, 09:40 AM
40 degrees is not cold. Reading what some of the folks here are wearing at 40 degrees is amazing.

At 40 degrees I would wear the following;

lightweight but long fingered gloves
long sleeved wool sweater
wool jersey over top of the sweater (for the pockets)
Wind vest
under helmet beanie
knickers

FlashUNC
01-06-2014, 09:48 AM

Fenders work wonders.

Netdewt
01-06-2014, 10:23 AM

How do I dress for this? I just can't help it. Sorry. (Read - WHY DO I LIVE HERE?)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20886311/cold.png

umami
01-06-2014, 03:35 PM
42, and it probably wasn't even raining. ;)

Seriously, 42 is a good ride day here. I wear a breathable "waterproof" shell with good pit zips over a medium weight long sleeve base layer. I'll sweat on the hills, but I can unzip and regulate that pretty well. Water-shedding knickers and leg warmers with waterproof booties. Neoprene gloves, which make my hands sweat something awful, so I usually bring a second pair. Cap with ear flaps.

When the rain hits, nothing will stave off cold and exhaustion forever. It's a time-limited ride at that point.

It's also fair to say that when you ride in 40-degree weather every day, you acclimate. If it spiked to 90 tomorrow, I'd be asking the same questions as the OP.

Bob Ross
01-06-2014, 03:57 PM

First of all, don't plan a 12-hour ride that starts at 7:00PM

Secondly -- and I realize you were probably just being funny and don't need to be told this; I'm mostly reminding myself because until I saw your graphic I'd had every intention of riding tomorrow morning -- the problem isn't the Warm One Day/Cold The Next swing, it's the Wet One Day/Cold The Next that'll getcha killed. All that rain and snowmelt from today is gonna turn to a really nasty glaze shortly after midnight.

So the answer is, dress for 46°, use a bike with fenders, make sure you're home before dark...and then take the next day off.

fiamme red
01-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Today was the first time I ever rode my bike when it was under 10°F (it was 4° when I reached the office). I was comfortable, except my thumbs, which froze after 10 minutes. If I rode in temperatures like this more often, I'd get a pair of Bar-Mitts.

Clydesdale
01-07-2014, 08:40 AM
"There is no bad weather, only inadequate clothing."

Of course that comes from the guy selling the clothes ;)

jmeloy
01-07-2014, 09:11 AM
BINGO.
Charles, what are you using for booties?

I don't think "Layers" is an answer.

"The Right Gear"

Might not be many layers...

A very good Jacket will still breath, block wind and have some pile.

The right headwear (HUGELY IMPORTANT).

The right tights

The right footwear

The right gloves.

I hate the cold.

But what works for me may not be what works for you... Cold is pretty personal.

That said, a good quality Jacket and undershirt is all I need for 40.

Your Neck should be covered. That can be from a Jacket...

Headwear can also double up as Neck protection. For me a Balaclava is needed at 40. Good quality there will have your head and Neck warm but not overcooked.

Tights come in all types. Some dont need much cover. I prefer windtex at the knees and a reasonably thick fabric.

I use full booties at 40 and use a size up in shoes with a bit more think sock because 40, even without wind, is too cold for a cycling shoe and this sock to keep your feet right.

Gloves, like tights, are all kinds. From full insulated full wind-proof to just covers suite riders I am with at 40.

Layers doesn't work for me as well as very good single pieces.

Into the 20's and 30's... The same exact kit, but then... Another under layer of insulation.

BobbyJones
01-07-2014, 09:11 AM
All jokes aside- yes I have a fendered bike and more weather appropriate gear than most. However, I broke routine today and took the train, then Citibike'd it for about 20 blocks. It's 5 degrees here and it was a little uncomfortable.

Bottom line: I feel pretty bad for anyone in St. Louis right now.

How do I dress for this? I just can't help it. Sorry. (Read - WHY DO I LIVE HERE?)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20886311/cold.png

DAG
01-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Check out ATV/snowmobile bar mitts. Not as elegant, but for $20, FAR cheaper.

BobbyJones
01-07-2014, 09:20 AM
For cycling, Bar Mitts are worth the extra $$$. Better places to skimp on $40 bucks.

Check out ATV/snowmobile bar mitts. Not as elegant, but for $20, FAR cheaper.

J.Greene
01-07-2014, 09:21 AM
HTFU.

That's what Jens would do.

Yes, htfu. But that jens stuff is lame. You think he'd ride in the cold if he wasn't getting paid? That's what the Canaries or Tenerife are for.

JAGI410
01-07-2014, 10:04 PM
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a434/JAGI410/coldfatty_zps2d707881.jpg (http://s1035.photobucket.com/user/JAGI410/media/coldfatty_zps2d707881.jpg.html)
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a434/JAGI410/b66247bc-a106-4dde-848f-b9298a14820b_zps615a8a29.png (http://s1035.photobucket.com/user/JAGI410/media/b66247bc-a106-4dde-848f-b9298a14820b_zps615a8a29.png.html)

Dress for it, ride the right bike, and it's fun. The worst part about winter commuting is dealing with coworkers questioning your sanity.

Fixed
01-07-2014, 10:24 PM
42 today it was a beautiful but little foggy day
cheers

j_roe
01-10-2014, 11:29 AM
invest in wind stopping gloves and overshoes and its night and day difference out there.

tribarbet
01-10-2014, 12:15 PM
dress for it, ride the right bike, and it's fun. The worst part about winter commuting is dealing with coworkers questioning your sanity.

+1. Cover those spots where the wind can sneak in like your wrists and lower back!