PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Savannah

Eurorider
12-30-2013, 08:42 PM
I am relocating next month to Savannah, GA. Are there any good rides and cycling groups? Does anyone have a recommendation for a good bicycle shop, especially a good wrench. Our new home is in the Ardsley Park area.
Any input would be appreciated.

R3awak3n
12-30-2013, 08:58 PM
I went to Savannah for college a few years ago, didnt ride a bike while I lived there though so I can't really be of much help. I know its pretty flat there and its a beautiful town. I would love to move back eventually if I could find a job there in my field. Good luck, you gonna love it down there

Saint Vitus
12-30-2013, 11:15 PM
I know an acquaintance there who is very active in bike culture and who works at SCAD. PM me, I think he'd be glad to help.

merlinmurph
12-31-2013, 12:33 PM
I wish I could offer a more positive outlook, but I simply can't.

My dad has lived in Savannah (Skidaway I) for 20 years and I visit about twice a year. Every time I drive around, I think about how awful it would be to ride a bike there. Just awful. There, I said it - sorry. I think my negativity comes from the great riding options I have at home and comparing that to what I see in Savannah. It depends what you're used to.

There's a very good chance I simply haven't been to some of the nicer areas to ride and I really hope you find them.

Enjoy Savannah, it's a very nice city