PDA

View Full Version : Salsa Fargo firt ride report

gmcampy
12-30-2013, 12:27 PM
This bike is AWESOME! I can not say enough positive about it. On the gravel roads it handled the ups and downs like a champ, single track was a breeze and on the road it was just as comfortable as any road bike. I can not wait to take a trip down the Blue Ridge Pkwy this summer. If anyone is hesitating buying one for bikepacking/whatevering DO NOT miss a chance to test one out!

Glenn

exapkib
12-30-2013, 03:01 PM
I remember your post inquiring about the Fargo--glad to hear that it is living up to your expectations. Did you post information about your build elsewhere?

I'm looking for a winter commuter to extend my riding (both in terms of weather conditions and terrain), and the Fargo has been on my list--I'd love to hear more!

gomango
12-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Glad you are enjoying yours.

I know how much fun they are, as I bought one this time last year.

Never regretted the purchase one bit.

gmcampy
12-31-2013, 08:50 AM
I remember your post inquiring about the Fargo--glad to hear that it is living up to your expectations. Did you post information about your build elsewhere?

I'm looking for a winter commuter to extend my riding (both in terms of weather conditions and terrain), and the Fargo has been on my list--I'd love to hear more!

Wound up getting the 2013 left over in a 20" frame. I liked the Triple/bar ends opttion vs 10/2 on the 2014. Will have a new 12/36 installed soon to give me a bail out gear for gravel loaded climbs. Probably getting a second set of wheels for road use and I will put the 12/34 on that set and ride the Blue Ridge Pkwy. this summer.

We have a loaded overnight trip this weekend so I will report how well it did there but I expect nothing but positive results. Running 2 anything cages on front, lg frame bag by Revelate and the Viscaha bag on the back (assuming they get here before Fri.)

Glenn

csm
01-01-2014, 03:01 PM
I've got a generation 1 version. It's just a fun bike. I've been riding it lately in the crappy snow and slush here in PA when we have it.
I've been thinking about the ti version....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD