PDA

View Full Version : Quasi Bike related PC software question

travis bickle
12-30-2013, 11:30 AM
As I surf the various web sites for bikes there are many times that the information the seller provides is lacking. I am looking for Windows based software that I could use to magnify portions of an image. I could then read decals on the frame, zoom in on components, etc. Any software recommendations?

thegunner
12-30-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't mean this in jest, but would zooming in chrome solve your issue?

just ctrl and '+/-'

travis bickle
12-30-2013, 11:47 AM
The zoom features I have used in Chrome and Firefox really effect the clarity of the image the more you zoom in. I am an old guy with not real great eyesight.

thegunner
12-30-2013, 11:56 AM
The zoom features I have used in Chrome and Firefox really effect the clarity of the image the more you zoom in. I am an old guy with not real great eyesight.

that's pretty much all 3rd party zoom software is going to do anyway, you really can't get additional detail from something that only has so many pixels.

the best bet is to right click and open the image in a new tab or window and hope that the image was compressed when rendered.

fuzzalow
12-30-2013, 12:04 PM
I know where you are coming from. Much of online purchasing done through ebay or other channels is wholly reliant on pictures and descriptions. So you gotta look very carefully. And not just with simply enlarging the picture, the contrast and brightness needs to be changed so that a buyer can see when either bad photography or purposeful intent is used to hid flaws in the photos of goods being sold.

These sellers go by what I call the "Don't ask, don't tell" rule of selling - They ain't sayin' but if you specifically ask, only then will they tell. Sins of omission, yes but a liar, never!

Use VuePrint which is free: Hamrick Software (http://www.hamrick.com/upg.html)

nooneline
12-30-2013, 12:07 PM

That's not the zoom feature - that's the image! The closer you get to it, the more you see the dots it is made up of. This is called resolution - it is measured in the number of pixels (dots on a computer screen) per a unit of screen "area." Get what I'm saying?

You zoom in, you see dots. You step away, you see Monet.