PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Rapha's Winter Sale on now

bloody sunday
12-30-2013, 10:36 AM
http://www.rapha.cc/shop/sale/?locale=US

phcollard
12-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks. My GF was looking on how to spend the gift voucher she got for Christmas and bought a wind jacket :)

gomango
12-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

I have holiday gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.

So, I just ordered a nice Merino hoody and a Merino drawstring cap. :)

I can get double duty use from these on the bikes and cross country skiing.

cinema
12-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Darn, the merino hooded top I wanted is out. if anyone has one in medium I will pay handsomely!

CPP
12-30-2013, 01:14 PM
If you take a size M in their jerseys, do you take an M in their rain /wind jackets??
Thanks for any info

pdmtong
12-30-2013, 01:48 PM
If you take a size M in their jerseys, do you take an M in their rain /wind jackets??
Thanks for any info

if you are shaped like a pencil, then probably yes. if you are shaped like a triangle, then no. I need ot size up in their jackets else I cannot even lean towards the bars without the material cutting into my armpits. concerns about extra torso material when sizing up have not been an issue. note I am 5'10" 170# ....large jersey...XL jackets.

one of the real deals here is the pro team sky jersey/shorts combo...if you would like to wear sky kit, those pieces are easily the best jersey/bib they make.

CPP
12-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Thanks, I think I'm an M

ColnagoFan
12-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Odd question, but are these prices also at their brick & mortar stores? I'll be on SF Thursday, near the store there, and wanted a wallet maybe...

Peter B
12-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks, I think I'm an M

I'm 5'-8", 150# and wear med in both their jerseys and rain/wind jackets.

pdmtong
12-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Odd question, but are these prices also at their brick & mortar stores? I'll be on SF Thursday, near the store there, and wanted a wallet maybe...

yes...SFRCC honors same price as the website. in fact, likely they might have stock on items that are sold out online.

I have noticed that sizes go quickly once the sale email goes out. it's a feeding frenzy for better or worse.

pdmtong
12-30-2013, 06:09 PM

if I can just lose 20 pounds....argh

ColnagoFan
12-30-2013, 10:56 PM
yes...SFRCC honors same price as the website. in fact, likely they might have stock on items that are sold out online.

I have noticed that sizes go quickly once the sale email goes out. it's a feeding frenzy for better or worse.

Ok awesome. I'll be at the store Thursday, sale still going on? I really only want the credit card wallet. Well "only" for now. I mean I "want" a loooot more..ha

happycampyer
12-30-2013, 11:04 PM
if you are shaped like a pencil, then probably yes. if you are shaped like a triangle, then no. I need ot size up in their jackets else I cannot even lean towards the bars without the material cutting into my armpits. concerns about extra torso material when sizing up have not been an issue. note I am 5'10" 170# ....large jersey...XL jackets.

one of the real deals here is the pro team sky jersey/shorts combo...if you would like to wear sky kit, those pieces are easily the best jersey/bib they make.I'm still trying to figure out how you got access their double-secret Eyes Wide Shut Opus Dei (or whatever it's called) collection...

of course, now Rapha's going to send some self-flagellating albino to get me...

benitosan1972
12-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Ok awesome. I'll be at the store Thursday, sale still going on? I really only want the credit card wallet. Well "only" for now. I mean I "want" a loooot more..ha

Lookout for Robin Williams. He lives nearby, and often shops at the SF Rapha shop. Once, I was in the store when he dropped $7k, then the next time he dropped $4k. Of course, now that there's a sale, he'll only drop like $2.5k :banana:

benitosan1972
12-30-2013, 11:19 PM

I'm 6'1", 150# and I wear medium Rapha... your clothes must be SKIN TIGHT/PRO FIT, haha! :no:

Fixed
12-30-2013, 11:20 PM
I needed a tool bag got one on sale
sweet on the Bottecchia :)
Cheers

BobbyJones
12-30-2013, 11:30 PM
"I went to the Rapha Sale and all I got was a lousy t-shirt"

ColnagoFan
12-31-2013, 12:35 AM
Lookout for Robin Williams. He lives nearby, and often shops at the SF Rapha shop. Once, I was in the store when he dropped $7k, then the next time he dropped $4k. Of course, now that there's a sale, he'll only drop like $2.5k :banana:

He met my (then 2, now 3 year old) daughter on a flight from NY-SF last year. He was quite enamoured of her, took her from my astonished wife and walked her all around the baggage claim for about 25 minutes... Funny.

He's quite the bike collector for sure. Great great guy to boot.

jensenn
12-31-2013, 07:39 AM
Robin Williams is also a huge sneaker collector. Seen him walking around the city with some rare and very expensive shoes on. great guy to talk to too.

JWDR
12-31-2013, 08:27 AM
Since there is nothing left at rapha for people bigger than 110 pounds and this thread has already digressed to telling Robin Williams stories, I met him in 2002 in Afghanistan. He was very personable, quite funny and took tons of pictures with the Soldiers. He signed our mortar tube with "ииии em if they can't take a joke"

rileystylee
12-31-2013, 01:31 PM
He met my (then 2, now 3 year old) daughter on a flight from NY-SF last year. He was quite enamoured of her, took her from my astonished wife and walked her all around the baggage claim for about 25 minutes... Funny.

He's quite the bike collector for sure. Great great guy to boot.

If he'd done that to my daughter i'd have probably been arrested for giving him a good punch to the back of the head.
He's not funny he's a clown.
:fight:
Happy new year :)

ColnagoFan
12-31-2013, 02:25 PM
If he'd done that to my daughter i'd have probably been arrested for giving him a good punch to the back of the head.
He's not funny he's a clown.
:fight:
Happy new year :)

I should have said that they became friends on the flight, they were in adjacent rows, so several hours of interaction. And my wife was right there, he was just acting like a grandpa around kids. It was cute & harmless. Ava still talks about "Mr. Williams" who she met.

rileystylee
12-31-2013, 02:43 PM
I should have said that they became friends on the flight, they were in adjacent rows, so several hours of interaction. And my wife was right there, he was just acting like a grandpa around kids. It was cute & harmless. Ava still talks about "Mr. Williams" who she met.

Ah fair enough - i thought he just did a snatch and grab and used his celebrity status in vain:)