PDA

View Full Version : I know, I know....

pdxmech13
01-24-2006, 12:21 AM
well I am finally getting around to my first pair of tubi's and my gut instinct is to just get some DA hubs and Mavic reflex's and be on my way smiling along.
However in all the wheels that I have owned this seems to be a boring wheel in or modern times (not that there is anything wrong with that). I really appreciate reliability and what not but hey I work in a freakin bike shop and maybe I need to be thinking about something a little more clever.

Comments anyone.

Too Tall
01-24-2006, 06:07 AM
Maybe not. That (yawn) wheelset you described is a defacto standard for a strong, reliable reasonably light tubular wheelset. Well built that will be your go to wheelset for many yrs. to come after you've built yourself something a little less run of the mill. Don't let the plain wrapper fool you. Add some pizzaz with black ano nipples and smart spokage. Ergott, talk to this kid ;)

dirtdigger88
01-24-2006, 08:01 AM
my tubbis are DA/Reflex-

aint nuthin wrong with that set up- and I doubt anyone every calls them boring- EVER!!

Jason

ergott
01-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Just finished a set and waiting on a set of rims to do another. These guys want Reflex ceramic and they are real hard to get. One guy had one set already. He rode them once and immediatly ordered a duplicate for his other bike.

Here's the build:

Reflex
DT Revolutions and DT Competitions on the drive side.
brass nipples
3 cross all around

Boring, that's in the eyes of the beholder. You will absolutely LOVE them when they are under you!

Too Tall
01-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Dewd! Take that to the bank :)

Fixed
01-24-2006, 10:20 AM
I have set but they are reseverd for my dear old steel bike they get along well i.m.h.o... gl 330's with mavic hubs for my race bike

Ozz
01-24-2006, 10:50 AM
...Here's the build:

Reflex
DT Revolutions and DT Competitions on the drive side.
brass nipples
3 cross all around

Boring, that's in the eyes of the beholder. You will absolutely LOVE them when they are under you!
That's what I have, but with Chorus hubs....embarrassed to say I haven't glued the tires yet...waiting for better weather before I put them on my CSI.

ergott
01-24-2006, 12:12 PM
That's what I have, but with Chorus hubs....embarrassed to say I haven't glued the tires yet...waiting for better weather before I put them on my CSI.

Mine are Chorus too. Mine have all Revos for that extra squooshy ride.

pdxmech13
01-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Dewd! Take that to the bank :)

consider it cashed !