PDA

View Full Version : Need ride suggestions (Central NJ residents)

thegunner
12-24-2013, 11:34 AM
need some longer ride suggestions for the Hunterdon area (specifically near the two reservoirs)

it's been a few years since I've visited, but I have an extended few days in the area - figured there were at least a couple of you on here who know the lay of the land.

I can usually string together 50-70 km just by looping around, but would love to get some longer riding in without finding myself on the shoulder of some random road with a 50 mph speed limit :)

Hank Scorpio
12-24-2013, 12:49 PM
When are you planning on visiting? I can send you a link to a few routes I have on mapmyride that might work for you.

thegunner
12-24-2013, 01:14 PM
When are you planning on visiting? I can send you a link to a few routes I have on mapmyride that might work for you.

for the next week - and yes! that would be most appreciated. I got lost in Franklin Twp today on a stretch of shoulderless / 50 mph road. I'd like to avoid that again lol.

fiamme red
12-24-2013, 01:25 PM
for the next week - and yes! that would be most appreciated. I got lost in Franklin Twp today on a stretch of shoulderless / 50 mph road. I'd like to avoid that again lol.Isn't Frankiln Township near New Brunswick? That's not very close to Hunterdon County.

thegunner
12-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Isn't Frankiln Township near New Brunswick? That's not very close to Hunterdon County.

typo, town of franklin - not the township :)

jemoryl
12-24-2013, 03:24 PM
I sometimes ride in Hunterdon, this is one route of mine that has some pretty good roads (going over into Somerset and Morris County as well):

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3077910

There is some good riding to be had in that area.

AngryScientist
12-24-2013, 03:40 PM
yo.

i got you PM by the way, and i might be able to free myself up for a little riding this week.

google up the NJ rapha gentleman's ride, that and the "hell of hunterdon" are some tremendous roads in the area.

thegunner
12-24-2013, 03:49 PM
thanks all (and hoping we can meet up nick!)

i'm going to spend the next couple of days doing some exploring of the area - the rapha ride / hell of hunterdon are about 20 miles away just to start, so i might do partial rides on those to see what they're like :)