PDA

View Full Version : San Marco Regal vs Regal E

ceolwulf
12-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Has anyone ridden both that can compare?

I'm debating between the two and if the E feels just like the original except lighter then I might as well go that direction.

DRZRM
12-20-2013, 09:16 AM
It's been a while since I've ridden a Regal, but I have the Regale on both my road bikes. I think it feels a bit flatter and firmer, but I never did a side by side to confirm if my impression is correct. FWIW, really like the Regale.

Clydesdale
12-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Regale on road bike and regals on cross and fixed.
I go back and forth regularly without noticing. The basic shape and width feels the same to me but the regale is a touch flatter and thinner with less ridge on the back. The only change I found is that I ride the regale a little flatter where I like the regals slightly "nose up."

christian
12-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Regale on road bike and regals on cross and fixed.
I go back and forth regularly without noticing. The basic shape and width feels the same to me but the regale is a touch flatter and thinner with less ridge on the back. The only change I found is that I ride the regale a little flatter where I like the regals slightly "nose up."

Regale on Colnago
Regal on Allez, Zanconato, and mtb

I agree with the man above. They're ever so slightly different, but if one is comfortable, so is the other. I really like the Regale.

ceolwulf
12-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Thanks, that's solved then.