PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Commercial

PaulE
03-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Anyone else seen the new Saturn commercial? They show all manner of car doors, shopping carts, etc. slamming into their plastic cars without denting them, and close with a cyclist crashing into the front fender of a parked one and then doing a header onto the hood. At least the cyclist had a helmet on.

Ironically, in just one year, Saturn goes from promoting top male and female professional cycling teams to abusing cycling!

Probably just feeling over-sensitive and need to vent this morning. :(

saab2000
03-09-2004, 09:17 AM
... but I agree that it is sad because most people see bike crashes as something funny where nobody gets hurt.

The vast majority of the population see cycling as a child's activity which we outgrow. I suppose to a certain extent that is true... I never grew up. :D

But I do wish that accidents involving bikes were not taken so lightly.

Have no TV so have not seen the commercial.

Kevan
03-09-2004, 09:22 AM
SEE... Radio stations don't kill cyclists, cars do!

Andreu
03-09-2004, 09:24 AM
Totally agree (though not seen the advert either here in Europe). The number of times I have seen "what happened next" & "video outakes" etc with poor cyclists taking a tumble..... There would be an uproar (well at least here in Spain) if they showed ´amusing´ clips of motorists sailing through windscreens. Makes my blood boil. Cycling´s hard enough as it is without having to put up with this sort of negativity (and a host of other obstacles e.g. abusive motorists etc.)...and another thing..
while I am on my soap box.....
A:crap: