PDA

View Full Version : Michael Rogers popped for Clenbuterol

Uncle Jam's Army
12-18-2013, 11:23 AM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/michael-rogers-returns-adverse-analytical-finding-for-clenbuterol

Perhaps he had some beef with Alberto?:confused:

It's hard to move on from the doping past when the present looks so similar.

FlashUNC
12-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Oops.

Begs the question if he was clean while at Sky.

Always did like him as a TT'er.

MattTuck
12-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Sounds familiar... riders leave Sky, oh, I mean USPS, and then a year later get popped.

jpw
12-18-2013, 11:55 AM
there was a report, a commission of enquiry, earlier this year that concluded Australian sport is riddled with drug use.

EDS
12-18-2013, 12:03 PM
This only enhances my doubts regarding any results achieved by Contador during his career.

CunegoFan
12-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Oops.

Begs the question if he was clean while at Sky.

On Sky he was putting out more Watts than he did as a client of Dr. Ferrari. I think that question has been answered.

This might be an real case of contamination. He raced in China right before Japan. Jonathan Breyne, who also did the same race in China, also tested positive for Clen.

christian
12-18-2013, 12:34 PM
I love this comment on Cyclingnews:

Chris Froome reacts: "Its unfortunate that people keep focusing on these things that happened in the dark era of the sport. October was more than 10 years ago, and I wish everyone would just move on and pretend they believe in me instead"

slidey
12-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Have money, will 'clean' up.

54ny77
12-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Let the roasting commence....

Perhaps he had some beef with Alberto?

alessandro
12-18-2013, 12:56 PM
This only enhances my doubts regarding any results achieved by Contador during his career.

I see what you did there.;)

Joachim
12-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Its all a big misunderstanding...he told the team he didn't knowingly take anything. So its all good. Just a mistake.

Germany_chris
12-18-2013, 12:58 PM
I thought bustin' that Lance feller was gonna' clean up the sport. All them dopers would know that we'll come getum' even after they stop ridin' it'll scareum' straight.

bikingshearer
12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Let the roasting commence....

Clenbuteral-laced beef tastes better grilled rather than roasted. Everybody knows that . . . . :p

Elefantino
12-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Work with Ferrari = get caught.

54ny77
12-18-2013, 03:06 PM
The lesson for today is: "Work with Ferrari, you'll eventually get burned."

http://autoweek.com/storyimage/CW/20100902/CARNEWS/100909974/AR/0/burning-ferrari.jpg&maxW=630

Work with Ferrari = get caught.

Llewellyn
12-18-2013, 03:34 PM
But, but he's an Aussie, and Aussies don't dope :eek:

Just joking, been suspicious for a while

rwsaunders
12-18-2013, 04:21 PM
But, but he's an Aussie, and Aussies don't dope :eek:

Just joking, been suspicious for a while

That damn Kangaroobuterol is in everything these days...

ultraman6970
12-18-2013, 05:58 PM
If the B samples comeback positive would be nice for them to pick up horner instead?

rustychisel
12-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Surprised? No

Interested? Not particularly

Shortsocks
12-18-2013, 06:20 PM
I heard they originally popped Rogers, when they found samples of Horner in his blood. :banana:

ultraman6970
12-18-2013, 07:44 PM
lol

tiretrax
12-18-2013, 08:09 PM
I heard they originally popped Rogers, when they found samples of Horner in his blood. :banana:
I wonder if they picked it up eating at In N Out.

Let's see - team mates with Bertie, DS is Riis, friend of LA, contemporary of O'Grady. Hmmmmm. It's all a big mistake.

Didn't a Sky rider get popped this summer, too?

cfox
12-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Didn't a Sky rider get popped this summer, too?
sort of. It was Jonathan Tiernan-Locke. He had a bio-passport baseline sample taken at the 2012 Tour of Britain because he was contracted to ride for Sky in 2013. He was riding for continental team Endura at the time the sample was taken. Because conti teams aren't part of the bio-passport system, they have no baseline readings for the riders. Any rider moving up to pro-tour the following season needs to have a baseline sample taken prior to the move. He happened to win that Tour of Britain, after a ridiculous season of wins, and go on to be GB's best finisher at the 2012 world road race. Anywhoo, his passport wonkiness is related to his time with Endura. Not a lot of people are surprised he was doping. If anything, it looks better for Sky given how terrible his 2013 season was (with Sky) vs. his 2012 season with no passport Endura.

#campyuserftw
12-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Nothing has changed.
Everyone still dopes.
Micro-dosing.
They dope less, but they're even smarter now.
Froome, Wiggins, Evans, Schleck, Contador, Sastre, and Pereiro after Lance were clean? LOL
We focus on the GC guys...does anyone think the sprinters are clean? LOL again.
We focus on the men...does anyone think the women are clean? More LOL.
Next year's TdF jersey winners will all be micro-dosed, with a super-refined, smarter, timed perfectly, doping program, and the men who pull them along the flats, are all on the same sh*t.

CunegoFan
12-18-2013, 09:44 PM
sort of. It was Jonathan Tiernan-Locke. He had a bio-passport baseline sample taken at the 2012 Tour of Britain because he was contracted to ride for Sky in 2013. He was riding for continental team Endura at the time the sample was taken. Because conti teams aren't part of the bio-passport system, they have no baseline readings for the riders. Any rider moving up to pro-tour the following season needs to have a baseline sample taken prior to the move. He happened to win that Tour of Britain, after a ridiculous season of wins, and go on to be GB's best finisher at the 2012 world road race. Anywhoo, his passport wonkiness is related to his time with Endura. Not a lot of people are surprised he was doping. If anything, it looks better for Sky given how terrible his 2013 season was (with Sky) vs. his 2012 season with no passport Endura.

This is Sky's official story about what happened. The manager of Endura disagrees. He says that JTL had no blood tests at the ToB. It was just urine tests. He also says that Sky basically took over JTL's training last spring and he attended multiple Sky training camps.

From several things says by each side, it looks like Sky is trying to put the blame on Endura while Endura is trying to put the blame on Sky.

Shoeman
12-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Nothing has changed.
Everyone still dopes.
Micro-dosing.
They dope less, but they're even smarter now.
Froome, Wiggins, Evans, Schleck, Contador, Sastre, and Pereiro after Lance were clean? LOL
We focus on the GC guys...does anyone think the sprinters are clean? LOL again.
We focus on the men...does anyone think the women are clean? More LOL.
Next year's TdF jersey winners will all be micro-dosed, with a super-refined, smarter, timed perfectly, doping program, and the men who pull them along the flats, are all on the same sh*t.

This pretty much sums it up in a nutshell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone gets the same Dose!!!!!!!!!!
Let the strongest Doper win!!!!!!!!!

rustychisel
12-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Santa Clause dopes

His soigneur, disguised as an elf, told me.:fight:

Elefantino
12-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Everyone gets the same Dose!!!!!!!!!!
Let the strongest Doper win!!!!!!!!!
He did. Seven times in a row.

cfox
12-19-2013, 04:17 AM
This is Sky's official story about what happened. The manager of Endura disagrees. He says that JTL had no blood tests at the ToB. It was just urine tests. He also says that Sky basically took over JTL's training last spring and he attended multiple Sky training camps.

From several things says by each side, it looks like Sky is trying to put the blame on Endura while Endura is trying to put the blame on Sky.

everything Sky says is true. always. get with it please.

soulspinner
12-19-2013, 06:19 AM
If the B samples comeback positive would be nice for them to pick up horner instead?

I like it:hello:

bewheels
12-19-2013, 06:35 AM
I love this comment on Cyclingnews:

Quote:
Chris Froome reacts: "Its unfortunate that people keep focusing on these things that happened in the dark era of the sport. October was more than 10 years ago, and I wish everyone would just move on and pretend they believe in me instead"

Perhaps the quote above was a Cyclingnews typo or some type of editing error because that is not how the quote reads now on their site.

christian
12-19-2013, 07:02 AM
No silly, it's a joke in the comments section.

bewheels
12-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Aaahhh...little slow this morning...

#campyuserftw
12-19-2013, 07:20 PM
everything Sky says is true. always. get with it please.

Sky/USPS/Discovery/Astana/Team Santa Claus*

Wiggins is clean! Froome is clean! :rolleyes:

The idea that pro cycling has one devil (Lance) and that it is now a clean sport, is just that, an idea.

* = Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen, along with Rudolph...were doped to their antlers in the 90's, 00's, and still micro-dose.

jpw
12-20-2013, 03:03 AM
i assume the rider who finished plumb last on GC at the TdF 2013 was riding clean. how far up the list do we go before we cross the doping line?

ANAO
12-20-2013, 08:16 AM
On Rogers' twitter:

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1525316_675078302536831_2103632606_n.png

54ny77
12-20-2013, 08:54 AM
He should've not ordered the off-the-menu Moo Shuterol at dinner the night before. Oh well.

Fivethumbs
12-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Well at least he denied it and then gave an explanation unlike all those other dopers who only denied it and then gave an explanation.

#campyuserftw
12-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Well at least he denied it and then gave an explanation unlike all those other dopers who only denied it and then gave an explanation.

His denial and explanation is old hat. Blame the beef, and it's the same song we've heard many times before. Whiskey, chimeras, Spanish steak, Chinese beef, and Snowden. It's always someone else's fault.

pinoymamba
12-20-2013, 02:07 PM
say he did unknowingly take it. what amount in the blood would be deemed illegal? would there be enough in the beef to actually see a performance/recovery increase?

CunegoFan
12-20-2013, 02:24 PM
say he did unknowingly take it. what amount in the blood would be deemed illegal? would there be enough in the beef to actually see a performance/recovery increase?

Clen is a specified substance. There is no lower limit that is okay. It is a known food contaminant in China, Mexico, and other places. Since Contador was caught out with extremely small amounts in his urine, no one but an imbecile would use Clenbuterol in competition.

Clen is used to lose weight out of competition. It can be bought in pill form. A two week cycle can burn off a considerable amount of weight.

#campyuserftw
12-20-2013, 02:39 PM

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/501965/alberto-contador-the-clenbuterol-the-beef-excuse-and-the-traces-of-plastic.html