PDA

View Full Version : OT: Used Cell Phones

tele
12-18-2013, 10:08 AM
My wife's cell phone is acting up and causing problems but her upgrade isnt until July. Where are good places to look for used cell phones? I know there is craigslist but where else?

josephr
12-18-2013, 10:17 AM
if you're looking for crappy ole cheap phone to last the next six months, I saw ebay as this is what I do for my teenagers who do stuff like leave them on the football field in the rain or drop in a toilet.

if you're talking nice smart-phone for the next six months, I'd just reccomend getting her a new one and signing a new contract. Last time I was "upgrade eligible" with Verizon, it didn't seem to make a difference in terms of discounts/etc...I still had to sign off on a new contract.
Joe

Skenry
12-18-2013, 10:55 AM
eBay or Amazon

Hands down easy. As long as you don't want the newest models. There are always people who DO want the new model and I get their older phones cheap!
Get it in the mail, charge it up, make a phone call to your carrier and have them swap you. Its cheap, easy and takes just a few minutes. My last few purchases have actually been refurbished phones. No problems yet. Ever.

I haven't bought one from the carrier in probably 6 years. I still pay the same thing every month but I know (and they know) I can easily swap to another carrier at a moments notice.

eBay is the place to go for new batteries too. My $30 battery from Verizon can usually be had for less than $5 on ebay, quick shipped from china.