PDA

View Full Version : new newb

ceolwulf
12-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Hey,

Thought I'd quickly introduce myself ... been riding for a bit over twenty years on and off, recently getting more seriously into it since I finally have a good group of people to ride with. Living in southern Manitoba that has been something that just hasn't existed until quite recently. Did my first century this year, and also managed to get hooked on cyclocross after going to a few races - it's really taking off in Manitoba as it is elsewhere in North America it seems - so am now building a 'cross bike with the idea of doing some races next year.

Currently riding a GT GTR Series Two that I built up with Campy, mostly Veloce, Vento wheels. It's a really good ride for the first two hours or so but a tad hard on the wrists after that. I might be changing the frame soon for something a little more relaxed.

http://s182874693.onlinehome.us/files/imagehosting/GT%20on%20the%20bridge.jpg

In typical Manitoba scenery. (My mother always claimed she loved it because she could see everything, to which my counter was always that there was nothing to be seen.)

Looking forward to whiling away a few months of cabin fever here till spring :)

Steve in SLO
12-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Welcome, and nice-looking ride!
You will find a lot of good things on this forum, so have a good time here.:beer:

bobswire
12-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Hey,

Thought I'd quickly introduce myself ... been riding for a bit over twenty years on and off, recently getting more seriously into it since I finally have a good group of people to ride with. Living in southern Manitoba that has been something that just hasn't existed until quite recently. Did my first century this year, and also managed to get hooked on cyclocross after going to a few races - it's really taking off in Manitoba as it is elsewhere in North America it seems - so am now building a 'cross bike with the idea of doing some races next year.

Currently riding a GT GTR Series Two that I built up with Campy, mostly Veloce, Vento wheels. It's a really good ride for the first two hours or so but a tad hard on the wrists after that. I might be changing the frame soon for something a little more relaxed.

http://s182874693.onlinehome.us/files/imagehosting/GT%20on%20the%20bridge.jpg

In typical Manitoba scenery. (My mother always claimed she loved it because she could see everything, to which my counter was always that there was nothing to be seen.)

Looking forward to whiling away a few months of cabin fever here till spring :)

Welcome aboard!

Ahneida Ride
12-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the Asylum !

:banana:

I am still a Newbie and that is the fun part !

vqdriver
12-17-2013, 08:30 PM
c'mon in. coffee's on the counter, grab a cup.

Black Dog
12-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Welcome aboard. You will not find a better group of nice and helpful peaople anywhere. There are even a few of us Canucks hanging around here too.

rwsaunders
12-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the lunatic fringe...:fight:

RedRider
12-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the ride.

sw3759
12-17-2013, 09:28 PM
welcome,you'll find lots of good folks here to help feed your addiction :)

Keith A
12-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Glad to have you aboard.