PDA

View Full Version : Did you send me a single rear Proton or a pair?

oliver1850
12-16-2013, 11:59 PM
This evening I've been trying to fix accumulated flats and get wheels back into pairs and on the bikes they're supposed to be on instead of scattered about the house behind the couch, under the beds, etc. I'm baffled about a Proton rear though. I've looked everywhere and can't find a front to go with it. It's one of the later ones with black spokes and a Shimano FHB. I got a pair of silver spoked Protons from loudeeter and a pair of black spoked C10s from Ari, but both of those pairs are accounted for.

I've searched my PayPal email for Proton(s) and haven't figured out where this wheel came from or when, and I don't know whether it came to me as a single wheel or a pair. So if you're not Lou or Ari and sold me a Proton, please let me know if I have a front to go with it somewhere, so I can quit wracking my brain. I don't mind the searching so much if I'm sure the thing I'm searching for actually exists.

4Rings6Stars
12-17-2013, 02:00 AM
If it turns out you only have the rear...

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=138809

FastVegan
12-17-2013, 07:16 AM
This may be a sign that you have to much stuff, just sayin'

happycampyer
12-17-2013, 07:59 AM
My understanding is that Neutrons cannot reproduce, but Protons can. Don't even ask what Hyperons can do...

ultraman6970
12-17-2013, 11:33 AM
If you want to reduce your stash of things, for example you could sell back a pair of mavic /mavic gp4 wheels? :D

Idris Icabod
12-17-2013, 12:08 PM
I've got a friend with 2 unpaired rear wheels, both the fronts are MIA after being leant up against his car post ride whilst he placed his bike on the roof rack and then drove off leaving the front wheel nowhere to be found. He has done this on two separate occasions.

So if you've ever arrived home with only a rear wheel and no recollection of having popped a wheelie for your entire ride then perhaps you too have suffered this brain fart?

BumbleBeeDave
12-17-2013, 12:54 PM
I've got a friend with 2 unpaired rear wheels, both the fronts are MIA after being leant up against his car post ride whilst he placed his bike on the roof rack and then drove off leaving the front wheel nowhere to be found. He has done this on two separate occasions.

So if you've ever arrived home with only a rear wheel and no recollection of having popped a wheelie for your entire ride then perhaps you too have suffered this brain fart?

I hope they weren't Lightweights. :eek:

ColonelJLloyd
12-17-2013, 01:14 PM
This may be a sign that you have to much stuff, just sayin'

Could be.

dana_e
12-17-2013, 03:25 PM
I have a front and need a rear!! if you want to sell it

oliver1850
12-17-2013, 08:29 PM
At least I can eliminate all you guys from the list of people I might have gotten the wheel from.

About the time I buy a front or sell the rear, the mate will turn up.

I don't think I left the front anywhere. There were only 5 times in the last 2 years that I hauled a bike anywhere to ride, and I know I didn't have Protons on any of those rides.

U man, you're going to have to show up here to ride to get your wheels back. I did the driving last time. I still haven't ridden them, only put unglued tires on for pics of the blue Titan, but have been riding it with others not quite so nice.

I can't really argue about there being too much stuff, but I've got to do something on the 75% of days that the weather is crap.

thirdgenbird
12-17-2013, 08:36 PM
If you ever have a garage sale, let me know. I will make the drive.

rounder
12-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Did not buy them from me...they would have been Shimano. What difference does it make. You probably have enough bikes and parts to field a team.

Louis
12-17-2013, 09:29 PM
both the fronts are MIA after being leant up against his car post ride whilst he placed his bike on the roof rack and then drove off leaving the front wheel nowhere to be found.

There's a simple solution to this which I use: always lean the wheel on the driver's door.

ultraman6970
12-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Hmmmm thats tempting because at least i have a chance hehehhe

:D

At least I can eliminate all you guys from the list of people I might have gotten the wheel from.

About the time I buy a front or sell the rear, the mate will turn up.

I don't think I left the front anywhere. There were only 5 times in the last 2 years that I hauled a bike anywhere to ride, and I know I didn't have Protons on any of those rides.

U man, you're going to have to show up here to ride to get your wheels back. I did the driving last time. I still haven't ridden them, only put unglued tires on for pics of the blue Titan, but have been riding it with others not quite so nice.

I can't really argue about there being too much stuff, but I've got to do something on the 75% of days that the weather is crap.

Idris Icabod
12-18-2013, 09:55 AM
There's a simple solution to this which I use: always lean the wheel on the driver's door.

I'll pass these gem onto him, once is forgivable, twice though! He's also run his bike into his garage twice and his teenage daughter plowed the car through the garage and crushed his bike against the wall. Perhaps karma is telling him that it doesn't want him riding bikes.