PDA

View Full Version : Rapha base layer

jpw
12-16-2013, 04:10 PM
http://www.rapha.cc/winter-baselayer

has anyone here been using this wool winter base layer from Rapha? would you recommend it for riding fit and shape, for not having chafing seams especially in the arm pit area, and warmth and comfort (not wet/ clammy/ cold)?

Cheers, Jason.

FlashUNC
12-16-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm a big fan of their long sleeve merino baselayer.

Haven't had any chafing issues at all the seams are a non-issue.

Neil
12-16-2013, 05:10 PM
Not tried the winter baselayer but I have lots of the standard baselayer- very nice bit of kit.

Make sure to get the right size though- I'm 187cm/6'2" and ~76kg/12 stone/168 pounds* and wear a small baselayer.

*International forums do require a lot of different units to be used.

ultratoad
12-16-2013, 05:58 PM
I have been using Rapha long sleeve base layers for several years. They work exceedingly well and also hold together well after many washings. The fabric is very stretchy so I would error to the smaller side. Highly recommend.

bloody sunday
12-16-2013, 06:53 PM
yeah, get like 2x smaller than your kit size. and they work very well. just like their classic jersey sans baselayer. the wool wicks the moisture away from you and keeps you dry and warm.

thwart
12-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Great base layers. I have both short and long sleeve versions. Actually, they are the only Rapha stuff I own.

And, at 5-10 and 155 pounds, I wear a medium. However, I do not like stuff to be skin tight.

Saffs
12-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Yes, they're great. I've short sleeved merino and the Winter 'Deep' one with integral balaclava. The latter has been great for cold CX races, not with the balaclava up, just perfect to seal in the neck area. Highly recommended and for Rapha, reasonably priced? As in, comparable to other higher end base layers.

Lovetoclimb
12-16-2013, 07:38 PM
I have one of these as well as SS, LS, and sleeveless merino and the new merino mesh SS baselayers.

The winter weight one with built in neck gator is quite nice. I like to pair it with a SS jersey and winter jacket for the days where it feels at or under 30 degrees. I still put a longer neck gator over all of that but it is nice to have the added neck coverage. Sizing for me was spot on with the rest of their stuff. Small in baselayers because I like skin tight; I wear medium in jerseys. No seam issues, it is all engineered for an excellent fit IMO. Worth the $ but if you can hold off for a sale do it. Nothing stings more than seeing something $30+ less in a few months.

Burried Alive
12-16-2013, 07:52 PM
Deigned in Italy made in China?