PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with experience using EPS v2

sfscott
12-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Looking at the internal battery for Campy EPS.

Anyone have any experience mounting it internally? How'd you do it? Where did you put the charging plug?

I have a 52s C59 electronic frame and was wondering if there is enough room in the seat tube and where the plug can go. I don't want to drill any holes.

How does the external magnet band work?

I see they also upgraded the DTI unit. Any noticeable improvements in the DTI unit? I know one is mandatory for the internal battery, but any reason to upgrade to that, even if keeping external battery.

oldpotatoe
12-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Looking at the internal battery for Campy EPS.

Anyone have any experience mounting it internally? How'd you do it? Where did you put the charging plug?

I have a 52s C59 electronic frame and was wondering if there is enough room in the seat tube and where the plug can go. I don't want to drill any holes.

How does the external magnet band work?

I see they also upgraded the DTI unit. Any noticeable improvements in the DTI unit? I know one is mandatory for the internal battery, but any reason to upgrade to that, even if keeping external battery.

Gonna have to make a hole for the charging port. Think the battery can fit into a 52cm Colnago..2 mounting positions.

New DTI unit has diagnostics on it, formerly on the larger battery. If ya have the older battery, NO need to have the new DTI unit.

I would recommend installing the V2 battery outside, ala the older battery. Internal batteries do nothing except if you have any issues, it's a PITA to take it all apart. Mount the V2 battery the same place as the old one or next to the bottle cage...I'm going to use the old battery for my Athena EPS cuz I want people to see how cool I am..

The magnet band turns the battery on and off..like the magnetic plug on the old battery.