PDA

View Full Version : Ti Handlebars

William
12-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Any real advantage over aluminum or carbon? I'm thinking mostly about MTB but I would still be curious hear any real world experience.

Thanks!
William

sales guy
12-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Ti vs carbon vs alloy mtn bars....I have much experience with this given someone I know. They make all three models(I got all three to play with) and I was really looking forward to the ti bar. I know the advantages and things. In the end, I opted to using a carbon bar full time.

The ti bar was great. Stiff, relatively light. Durable and less issue if there was a crash. But I noticed the bar to be stiffer than the carbon. It didn't absorb the rollers and all as well as the carbon bar.

In the end it's up to you but I found a ti bar to be overkill.

pbarry
12-14-2013, 09:13 PM
I've got a beater Titec bar that you can have for shipping. Ends are crushed from overtightened bar-ends, (not by me!). :eek: Includes shim for 25.4 stem.

bewheels
12-15-2013, 08:35 AM
I have had all three materials as well (mtb). To be honest I could not recommend one material over another based feel. I would love to say the ti bars had a better feel, but I simply did not notice. I have found that concentrating on the bend, rise, length, etc have a greater impact to the over all success of the purchase.