ultraman6970
12-14-2013, 09:54 AM
No free shipping? w t f?

If he paid like 5 already he is f'ed.

yoshirider
12-14-2013, 10:11 AM
No free shipping? w t f?

If he paid like 5 already he is f'ed.

It says he won it from a contest. But I agree with you.

Hmmm $14.5k? Greedy much?

54ny77
12-14-2013, 10:40 AM
now that made me laugh.

benitosan1972
12-14-2013, 10:59 AM
$14.5k? It's not like Tom Danialson won the TDF :confused:

lhuerta
12-14-2013, 11:04 AM
delusional....I don't think the guy realizes that garmin/slipstream offer all their used team bikes for sale at the end of every year at below retail prices.

Here is Talansky's R5: http://www.shopslipstreamsports.com/shop-catalog/2013-cervelo-r5-51cm-l11015.html

Lou

oldpotatoe
12-14-2013, 11:04 AM
$14.5k? It's not like Tom Danialson won the TDF :confused:

No charger either....LA bike isn't even worth that $.

I'd take the group off, dump the frame/fork....put the 'stuff' on a decent steel or ti frame.

azrider
12-14-2013, 11:08 AM
delusional....I don't think the guy realizes that garmin/slipstream offer all their used team bikes for sale at the end of every year at below retail prices.

Here is Talansky's R5: http://www.shopslipstreamsports.com/shop-catalog/2013-cervelo-r5-51cm-l11015.html

Lou

Yep....and Talansky got top 10, while TD got top 30....i mean 40....wait...50...no......60.

54ny77
12-14-2013, 11:21 AM
I remember reading this, and found it interesting.

http://stevetilford.com/2012/09/06/vaughters-outs-danielson/

bloody sunday
12-14-2013, 11:53 AM
I emailed the guy and told him he was out of line. Do other teams sell their bikes after the season?

benitosan1972
12-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Most do

metrotuned
12-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Guys, no more nonsense about inflated price. Proud owner of the 52cm Cervelo. It fits me perfect, I'm 6'2". I liquidated my garage of useless motor vehicles and upgraded to this one-bike-to-rule-them-all to run my chores and errands - something I learned from local riding club, Wheels of Steel WoS (http://facebook.com/wos510).

The electronic shifting doesn't work because I don't know how to charge the battery pack so I just keep it in the big ring; thanks to the 16lb weight, it's not too bad climbing the local hills. Picked up the family Christmas tree yesterday, towing the 10ft. tree on a two wheeled trailer. I made the hitch with an innertube attached to the chainstay.

:fight:

ultraman6970
12-14-2013, 02:28 PM
I get surprised all the time with these guys putting bikes to astronomical prices and the mo fo s dont even want to give you free shipping, after 15k to give 100 or 300 bucks to the buyer could help to the sale :)

Anybody sent an email to the guy already telling him that he is delusional or maybe desperate for money?

I had 15k I would love to get lemonds tdf bike or anybody that actually won the tour but this one? danielson was a good rider but actually is just like buying anybody elses bike. My dutch friend actually got Levi's old cx bike, the real deal, Levi palmares in the tdf is way better than danielson and that bike did not sell for that much either.

This guy must be on drugs or something.

velotrack
12-14-2013, 03:45 PM
You guys are questioning the purchase now, but it's not known to many the dinosaur on the stem is a carefully carved diamond painted green.

:banana:

christian
12-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Cervelo R5 - 37% of MSRP
+500 for nice paint
-650 because it was ridden by Danielson

Not sure what that number is... But that's what it'll fetch.

temeyone
12-14-2013, 03:57 PM
I love you guys, but do we really need a discussion about this?

bcroslin
12-14-2013, 05:06 PM
OT but does anyone know where I can get one of these Garmin Sharp shirts (http://www.shopslipstreamsports.com/shop-catalog/2013-garmin-sharp-tour-de-france-tee-shirt-config.html) in a medium

bloody sunday
12-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Guys, no more nonsense about inflated price. Proud owner of the 52cm Cervelo. It fits me perfect, I'm 6'2". I liquidated my garage of useless motor vehicles and upgraded to this one-bike-to-rule-them-all to run my chores and errands - something I learned from local riding club, Wheels of Steel WoS (http://facebook.com/wos510).

The electronic shifting doesn't work because I don't know how to charge the battery pack so I just keep it in the big ring; thanks to the 16lb weight, it's not too bad climbing the local hills. Picked up the family Christmas tree yesterday, towing the 10ft. tree on a two wheeled trailer. I made the hitch with an innertube attached to the chainstay.

:fight:
For a second, I thought you were serious
I get surprised all the time with these guys putting bikes to astronomical prices and the mo fo s dont even want to give you free shipping, after 15k to give 100 or 300 bucks to the buyer could help to the sale :)

Anybody sent an email to the guy already telling him that he is delusional or maybe desperate for money?

I had 15k I would love to get lemonds tdf bike or anybody that actually won the tour but this one? danielson was a good rider but actually is just like buying anybody elses bike. My dutch friend actually got Levi's old cx bike, the real deal, Levi palmares in the tdf is way better than danielson and that bike did not sell for that much either.

This guy must be on drugs or something.
Yeah, I emailed him, but no response

ultraman6970
12-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Like 2 weeks ago I emailed a kid selling a low end bianchi POS like if it was a pos chromed bianchi pista, he sent me 3 emails back. 1st email he was super pissed , 2nd email next day he was still pissed probably because he paid 800 bucks for a 150 pos, 3rd email he was still pissed but told me that me (the a-hole) made him realize he did not have a bianchi pista but a bianchi whatever 1972 or something and from what I noticed from the email he realized that the original owner scammed him big time :D. he took the listing down after that.

rice rocket
12-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Clearly you guys aren't the target market.

Cervelo's top framesets are also $10k...this seems like a bargain in comparison.;)

TimD
12-15-2013, 10:59 AM
"The price of an item is exactly what it will fetch." - JP Morgan

"There's an a$$ for every seat." - a Porsche mechanic & friend of mine

oldpotatoe
12-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Like 2 weeks ago I emailed a kid selling a low end bianchi POS like if it was a pos chromed bianchi pista, he sent me 3 emails back. 1st email he was super pissed , 2nd email next day he was still pissed probably because he paid 800 bucks for a 150 pos, 3rd email he was still pissed but told me that me (the a-hole) made him realize he did not have a bianchi pista but a bianchi whatever 1972 or something and from what I noticed from the email he realized that the original owner scammed him big time :D. he took the listing down after that.

Like, who cares what somebody is asking on ebay, or whether or not 'you' think it's a good deal or bad..I don't get this...ebay police?

WhotheF cares..I don't.

ultraman6970
12-15-2013, 11:58 AM
In that case even the price was not the problem, at least for me. We saw someobdy paying 900 bucks for a set of brifters, so anybody can pay whatever they want... the problem in this example was that he was listing something that was not, told him about the error and 2 emails later he figured it out he was wrong, did not take it too good because he figured it out he was scammed by his friend the mechanic that sold him the bike. My problem? no, is his problem if he wants to pay BMW prices for an old ford pinto. So yes I do agree with you :)

The cervelo guy can ask whatever he wants, unreal price? yes, but is his problem after all, I agree with you potato. Write to the guy to let him know he is taking a dump way off the toilet bowl? I think is fair, but is problem after all.

You had a shop, you see it in another way because after all you got jobs and from that standing point of view pretty much what ever you think about the bike client, price wise or any type of matter about the bike must be just stored in your inner soul. And you learn to be like that... my friend with an lbs in colorado does the same, we raced together so I'm very close to him to listen his real opinion sometimes, is the other's guy problem after all :) Right?