PDA

View Full Version : Is My Fierte IT A "Freak"?

CT Rider
01-22-2006, 09:12 AM
I posted pictures of my new Fierte IT over in the Serotta Image gallery and davids made a great observation....

...I just compared your bike to tvickery's. Do you have curved, Ouzo seatstays? They don't look like the Columbus stays on his bike.

Is this a recent change (my frame was built in Late December 2005) or do I have a freaky one-off Fierte IT?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/stanleym59/Serotta%20Fieret%20IT/FinishedSerottaFierteIT001Resized.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/stanleym59/Serotta%20Fieret%20IT/FinishedSerottaFierteIT003Resized.jpg

Serotta PETE
01-22-2006, 10:22 AM
I am having a hard time in seeing the seat stays, but what I do notice is that this is a pretty large frame. As a result I am assuming that the stays are oversized and thus less curved. This is not bad and is just as mine are as compared to some smaller riders that I know.

By the way, I like the way you have the bike outfitted. It is not freaky.

Good riding

PETE

CT Rider
01-22-2006, 10:29 AM
By the way, I like the way you have the bike outfitted. It is not freaky.

When I said freaky, I was referring to the point davids made that the seat stays on my IT are curved while every other picture I can find of an IT has straight Columbus seatstays. Looking at the Serotta website I see hat the the Nove and Ottrot have curved seat stays similar to the ones on my Fierte. I was wondering if I got a "unexpected no-cost" upgrade?

dirtdigger88
01-22-2006, 10:33 AM
I seem to remember James saying there was a change in the rear ends- it was about the time of interbike- I dont remember if he was talking specificly about the fierte- but I remember reading something about it-

enjoy the bike-

Jason

Serotta_Andrew
01-22-2006, 02:30 PM
The curved stay will be on all models going forward. The new pictures should be up on the web site in a week or two.

CT Rider
01-22-2006, 02:40 PM
The curved stay will be on all models going forward. The new pictures should be up on the web site in a week or two.

I guess I'm a person who's ahead of his time! Thanks for clearing the mystery up Andrew!

Skrawny
01-25-2006, 06:42 PM
I think the first ST seatstays on the Fierte were Reynolds (curved), just like the other bikes. This year they switched to Columbus (straight) on the Fierte to take some pressure off of Reynolds and maybe cut cost a bit, but decided to go back to Reynolds. I don't know why they went back to Reynolds.
-s

yeehawfactor
01-25-2006, 07:31 PM
when did the fierte receive carbon tt and dt? geez, i'm off the back

JohnS
01-25-2006, 07:43 PM
when did the fierte receive carbon tt and dt? geez, i'm off the back
The Fierte IT (not ti) is a new model this year or so.

Wayne77
01-25-2006, 09:22 PM

Nice to hear, the straight ones were ugly IMO.

Will the carbon stay/seat tube interface be the nice sculpted version we've seen traditionally, or the straight cut seen in this year pictures?

yeehawfactor
01-25-2006, 09:42 PM
The Fierte IT (not ti) is a new model this year or so.
so fierte ti=the same old fierte
fierte it=stock geo carbon stay/tt/dt

how do we differentiate between ottrot, nove, and fierte aside from (presumably) stock geos in the fiertes?

pretty pony
01-25-2006, 10:04 PM
just an observation, but are your handlebars actually higher than your seat?

:help:

Ken Robb
01-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Looking at the set-back post and all the spacers it does look like he could ride a bigger bike.

CT Rider
01-26-2006, 06:26 AM
just an observation, but are your handlebars actually higher than your seat?

The bars are slightly below the seat, but certainly not the 2cm or so drop I see on some bikes. The seat/handlebar positioning did come out of a fit session with my local Serotta fit technician before the bike was ordered. My lack of flexibility and a bad back (growing old) also play a factor in the seat/bar positioning - I tend to ride a lot on the hoods.

CT Rider
01-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Looking at the set-back post and all the spacers it does look like he could ride a bigger bike.

Actually I can't. I went into a fit session being prepared to be told that I would need a custom geometry frame. Turns out given my body, flexibility and riding characteristics there was no need for custom geometry as the Fierte frame geometry was prety close to perfect. This was concluded by the fit tech and verified in a few phone calls to Serotta.

davids
01-26-2006, 08:50 AM
so fierte ti=the same old fierte
fierte it=stock geo carbon stay/tt/dt

how do we differentiate between ottrot, nove, and fierte aside from (presumably) stock geos in the fiertes?
Here ya go:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?p=158410#post158410

bostondrunk
01-26-2006, 10:46 AM

But since it isn't custom geometry, if he had gone one size up, the top tube would have been longer, and it looks like he is already using a very short stem.

CT Rider
01-26-2006, 10:54 AM
But since it isn't custom geometry, if he had gone one size up, the top tube would have been longer, and it looks like he is already using a very short stem.

Exactly! The Deda Newton Stem is a 90mm. Turns out that "custom geometry" for me was so close to the 58cm Fierte that I didn't need to go custom. I spent the money I saved on the IT technology option and a F3 fork.

spiderman
01-26-2006, 11:01 AM
130 or 135...
...have you measured it??