PDA

View Full Version : Moots Vamoots vs Pschlo X

campy man
12-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Trying to decide between a Vamoots or Pschlo X. Like the idea of the Psychlo X as nice all arounder but the Vamoots seems appealing as a great road bike with 25-28mm tires. No interest is racing CX.

oldpotatoe
12-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Trying to decide between a Vamoots or Pschlo X. Like the idea of the Psychlo X as nice all arounder but the Vamoots seems appealing as a great road bike with 25-28mm tires. No interest is racing CX.

If ya ever want to put fatties, tires wise, on the bike, just get the Psychlo-X..even with thin tires, it rides like a nice road frame.

John H.
12-11-2013, 07:12 PM
What diameter chainstays do they use on the Psychlo-X?

John M
12-11-2013, 07:19 PM

That choice seems to be heavily influenced by what brakes you want. Psychlo X = discs or canti (depending on which version) whereas Vamoots = calipers.

ptourkin
12-12-2013, 09:22 AM
If ya ever want to put fatties, tires wise, on the bike, just get the Psychlo-X..even with thin tires, it rides like a nice road frame.

^^^This. I change the chainrings from 46-36 to 48-34 and use 28s for a long mixed terrain race and it rides like a road bike on the asphalt and handles the dirt as it should. It's also my go to commuter (I don't have rack or fender mounts though) and trail rider besides cross duties. Mine doesn't fit 33+ rubber or it would be even better on the trails.

RFC
12-12-2013, 01:19 PM
I am increasingly becoming a fan of the light allarounder as a way to expand my universe of rides and because of the lego like versatility.

If I had to have only one bike, it would be a Ti cyclocross or gravel grinder.

Here is my Litespeed Appalachian in allarounder form, including 37mm tires. I've also had it set up more stripped down roadish with 28mm tires and a clipped on aero bar and it was just as fast as any of my road bikes.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/RCopple/IMG_0049r_zps82e5feb6.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/RCopple/media/IMG_0049r_zps82e5feb6.jpg.html)

veloduffer
12-12-2013, 05:47 PM

If you decide on a road bike, I am going to sell my Moots Compact (56.5cm tt) soon. :-)