PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Full fender set (700c)

ANAO
12-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Hey,

Looking for a set of full fenders (not clip-ons). Something I can attach those little mud-flaps to.

Thanks.

dgoodwin
12-10-2013, 04:34 PM
If you really want full coverage, get a set of Velo Orange alloy fenders, from $55 to $65. Since the fit is different on each bike, it's best to start with a new set. I've installed at least 4 sets of their fenders and have been pleased with all of them.

http://store.velo-orange.com/index.php/accessories/fenders/fender-sets.html

Just my $0.02...

ColonelJLloyd
12-10-2013, 05:03 PM
I second the recommendation of VO fenders. I've installed many sets. I know there are at least a couple dealers that should stock them in NYC.

dawgie
12-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Planet Bike Cascadias are excellent full fenders with built in mudflaps. Can be bought on line or eBay for good prices if you shop around.

ANAO
12-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the recommendations guys!

Aaron O
12-12-2013, 07:35 AM
I've got a use set of VOs that I'd part with, but shipping doesn't make sense price wise...if you're near philadelphia we can work something out.

ANAO
12-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Not terribly near, no. About a 4 hour drive.

druptight
12-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Planet Bike Cascadias are excellent full fenders with built in mudflaps. Can be bought on line or eBay for good prices if you shop around.

I got a set of these for my first fenders, they've been great. It seems to me, the more I read about installing fenders the more I came to realize that it's never a "slap it on and it's done" solution. For any bike you'll have to jigger things, drill holes, use different hardware, etc. I had to build a drop bolt for my fork because the fender was about 3 inches higher than the tire and drill an extra hole in the rear fender to attach it to the bridge on a different spot on the fender than the pre-drilled spot.

Just grab a beer or 3, put on some tunes, and take your time.

Hank Scorpio
12-12-2013, 01:03 PM
I have a set of unused but non packaged SKS Raceblade XL's in the silver color and I live in NJ. I could never get them to stay in place on my winter bike so they have just been sitting for a year. Let me know if you want pics. I think I still have all the extra straps, zips and screws. I never used the screws to lock the struts in place either.