PDA

View Full Version : Seven's new Carbon Fork

Smiley
03-09-2004, 06:52 AM
swung by my local LBS and picked up my New Ouzo Pro carbon fork and had a lengthy conversation with the owner about those BUTT UGLY Reynolds made Carbon forks that are standard issue now on Seven Frames. My question to him was WHY , The drop out where Seven glues in the differing rake is just plain bulky and the fact that the finish is Matte Black is not apealing to me. Anyhow another example of doing stuff that has no merit what so ever. As I told my LBS, Reynolds already had a 40 , 43 , 50 mm rake forks in 700 wheels adjusting the head angle is small change to make the right trail. So now they will fix the head angle and change the trail by changing rakes? What if you wanted to switch forks down the road and you got a weird rake to start with. OVER engineering IMHO.

saab2000
03-09-2004, 06:59 AM
....sounds bad to me for a premium brand like Seven which is an expensive bike. I cannot talk about the Serotta branded Reynolds forks, but what Seven is doing might be a bad idea.

I also know that their Wound-Up forks are not trouble free. A friend of mine rides a Seven and had one separate at the crown. It could have been dangerous.

I once came very close to getting a Seven, but I am no longer nearly as keen on them, though I am sure that they can be very nice bikes.

Jeff N.
03-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Believe me, SEVEN CYCLES makes wonderful frames with expert craftsmanship and attention to detail, new fork notwithstanding. But I have never put much credence in buying forks offered by frame manufacturers. Rip-off city. You are far better off, IMO, just buying a Reynolds, Kestrel or whatever, and installing it your self. If you like the idea of the frame manufacturer decals on the fork, with the decals "buried" under clear coat, you can send it to Joe Bell for that custom touch. It'll turn out twice as nice as anything out of the factory. Jeff N.