PDA

View Full Version : Xbox kinect fitter program

Mikej
12-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Having recently been forced to "game" with the xbox kinect, I instantly thought it could be made into a fitting / analytic tool for cycling. Could it / has it?

Wolfman
12-02-2013, 10:33 AM
I haven't heard of that, but after messing (tearing my hair out) with the first generation Kinect a while back, I'd be suspicious until I saw it work in person!

Richard
12-02-2013, 10:48 AM
No Kinect one that I know about, but I did run across an app awhile ago that analyzed trainer video. Looked cool, but I wonder (as I do with all fittings/analyses) about its true value.

Spaceman Spiff
12-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Microsoft offers a SDK for the Kinect, so it would seem that it'll only be a matter of time before some cyclist/trainer with the software skills and interest to tackle it does so...

And, the new Xbox Kinect is scary precise (read about it here (http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/)). "It’s now so sensitive that it can measure your pulse by monitoring pigmentation change in your face." It ought to be able to detect side-to-side knee movements, rocking hip movements, etc. pretty easily.

josephr
12-04-2013, 01:59 PM
looks awesome and for MS sake....I hope it works...been burned too many times trying to be an early adopter of MS flops--- Zune, Windows 8, green circle of death....Its going to be awhile before I give them another shot.
Joe