PDA

View Full Version : Indoor training

dsimon
11-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Does anybody Jump rope?

1.Does it seem to help
2.How long does it take to get good at it? " right now i can do about 5 minutes and im smoked"
3. Im just tired of sitting on a trainer in the winter. and before you suggest other things Im a soldier so I already Run/push-ups and situps/ and really hate the gym.
4. I have added some light crossfit and seem to enjoy it i.e deadlifts 90lbs and wallball throws. and thats about it.

any tips are greatly appreciated.

AngryScientist
11-30-2013, 05:13 PM
any tips are greatly appreciated.

IMO variety is the spice of indoor training. jumping rope sounds great as a way to do cardio and mix it up. my advice is to not do it too often, once every few days or something to keep the workout fresh. just keep at it, the fitness at whatever you're doing will come.

Anarchist
11-30-2013, 05:54 PM
I do.

Regularly. You can carry a jump rope in your luggage wherever you are.

Like most things (running) just takes a while to "get" the rhythm and the muscle memory, then you'll be off to the races.

Hardest thing from my perspective is that I find in recent years I am prone to plantar fasciitis so I have to be careful about the surface.

Use a 2 or 3 pound rope and a 20 minute workout will have you crying like a baby.

dsimon
11-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks I have a standard leather rope with wooden handles and Im sure 20 minutes hurts Hell 5-10 minutes with breaks hurts the lungs