PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

akelman
11-28-2013, 02:40 PM
A year ago, I had just had spinal surgery, which was supposed to be simple but which turned out to be very complicated. Nevertheless, this morning, I rode a quick twenty miles with a couple of good friends. I'm thankful to my surgeon. His good work allowed me to walk and ride again, activities that I enjoy quite a lot. I'm thankful to my friends, who have been willing to slow the pace while I've recovered. And most of all, I'm thankful to my family, who nursed me back to health.

Have a great day, everyone!

Uncle Jam's Army
11-28-2013, 02:42 PM
A year ago, I had just had spinal surgery, which was supposed to be simple but which turned out to be very complicated. Nevertheless, this morning, I rode a quick twenty miles with a couple of good friends. I'm thankful to my surgeon. His good work allowed me to walk and ride again, activities that I enjoy quite a lot. I'm thankful to my friends, who have been willing to slow the pace while I've recovered. And most of all, I'm thankful to my family, who nursed me back to health.

Have a great day, everyone!

Ari, you have great friends. Having gone through my own back issues earlier this year, I can relate. You are very lucky. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Fixed
11-28-2013, 03:22 PM
fasting today we are doing chinese but that sounds wrong to me i don't really care for chinese food ..first time i ever went without thanksgiving diner ..thursday is my fasting day anyway. i rode my bike today all is good and well
cheers

572cv
11-28-2013, 03:22 PM
The right thoughts for the day.... I am happy to hear of your recovery, always a good thing for any of us who might face something similar sometime.

I am thankful for the good fortune to be able to get out on my bike, to have three squares if I want them, to have my family around me. Thanksgiving is a wonderful American holiday... its for everyone with blessings to give thanks and share.

Cheers to one and all on the forum !

thegunner
11-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Well said Ari, and good to hear of the full recovery! I remember at one point you were pretty down on the whole thing / your prospects of cycling. Lots to celebrate :banana: for you this year!

David Kirk
11-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Hear hear!

Nice to read you are doing so well.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Dave