PDA

View Full Version : Genevive Jeanson banned for life???

shinomaster
01-19-2006, 09:45 PM
***? I thought girls were good?

e-RICHIE
01-19-2006, 10:01 PM
***? I thought girls were good?

huh?!

shinomaster
01-19-2006, 10:10 PM
That's no Canadian!!

manet
01-19-2006, 10:12 PM
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=canadiens&word2=puppies

e-RICHIE
01-19-2006, 10:14 PM
That's no Canadian!!

hellooooooooooooooooooooo.

Argos
01-20-2006, 12:02 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2005/08/26/mn_cycling_doping.jpg
http://www.bostonist.com/attachments/boston_josh/syringe.jpg

andy mac
01-20-2006, 12:13 AM
huh?!

http://www.gillettem3power.com/us/home_f.asp

shinomaster
01-20-2006, 12:35 AM
hellooooooooooooooooooooo.

Dude...the scary thing is that at first I assumed that was a man with pretty hair...but now I'm not sure....girl?

slowgoing
01-20-2006, 01:03 AM
That's too bad about Genevive Jeanson. I really liked her and was hoping she wasn't boosting, despite her high crit level a few years back (she blamed it on the tent, didn't she?) and now this.

They're falling like flies lately, huh?

bostondrunk
01-20-2006, 05:49 AM
Dude...the scary thing is that at first I assumed that was a man with pretty hair...but now I'm not sure....girl?

That picture is of the American track rider Tammy Thomas who was banned for roid use..... I seem to remember reading an artical about how she was training in power lifting over the past few years....not hard to believe I guess...

loctite
01-20-2006, 06:01 AM
Genevive Jeanson, She kicked my arse in a race one time, and WON the race. Im talkin mens cat 3! :crap:

William
01-20-2006, 06:21 AM
http://www.ftvideo.com/genex/results_01/images/xtrav_marja.jpg

William

CarbonCycles
01-20-2006, 08:01 AM
That post should have come with a disclaimer! I think I'll have nightmares for days now! :no:

huh?!

e-RICHIE
01-20-2006, 08:21 AM
That picture is of the American track rider Tammy Thomas who was banned for roid use...

bingo

Roy E. Munson
01-20-2006, 08:25 AM
bingo

Huh? I thought bingo was the farmers dog? Those drugs can do nasty things to a dog, obviously.

e-RICHIE
01-20-2006, 08:31 AM
bingo

Huh? I thought bingo was the farmers dog? Those drugs can do nasty things to a dog, obviously.

nasty is as nasty does.

fiamme red
01-20-2006, 09:14 AM
That picture is of the American track rider Tammy Thomas who was banned for roid use..... I seem to remember reading an artical about how she was training in power lifting over the past few years....not hard to believe I guess...She was also studying to be a lawyer, I think.

neverraced
01-20-2006, 09:55 AM
To wit:
Many baseball players.
All football players.
Guys on the skeleton (!) team.
More hockey players than not.
Every single pro bike racer.
Everybody in a junk Olympic competition who hopes to become rich through endorsements.
Everybody in a legitimate Olympic competition who hopes to become rich through endorsements.
College kids.
High school kids.
A lot of adult amateur athletes.

e-RICHIE
01-20-2006, 09:58 AM
To wit:
Many baseball players.
All football players.
Guys on the skeleton (!) team.
More hockey players than not.
Every single pro bike racer.
Everybody in a junk Olympic competition who hopes to become rich through endorsements.
Everybody in a legitimate Olympic competition who hopes to become rich through endorsements.
College kids.
High school kids.
A lot of adult amateur athletes.

i used to be hooked on phonics
until this came along...

BumbleBeeDave
01-20-2006, 11:07 AM
. . . not!

Comparing the Tammy Thomas case to Jeanson is innaccurate, at best. Thomas' case involved steroids, and I don't think it takes a modern Sherlock Holmes to look at her and know SOMETHING is amiss. Jeanson's case involves alleged use of EPO--a substance for which the test accuracy is coming under increasing scrutiny. While I have no great feelings for Jeanson one way or the other, to compare her to a bulked up steroid user is blatantly unfair.

Also, keep in mind that given recent questions about the accuracy of the EPO test, Jeanson's only real "crime" may be her propensity to be difficult. She is definitely not known as Miss Congeniality in the racing community, both for her communications skills --or lack of them--and her extreme will to win that has seen her win races by some rather wide margins, increasing her leads in breakaways that left some with the impression she was "piling on." She has often raced without a team, and has often reminded me of Jeannie Longo, another famously, ah, independent person in the female peloton.

So it seems obvious to me that while the whole judgement process is supposed to be fair, she has little chance of them cutting her a break like they might for someone in the same circumstances who is better loved.

And while she may very well be guilty as H-E-double-hockey-sticks, her "to hell with this sh*t" reaction to professional cycling brings up another issue that we can only speculate about. How many other racers--or potential great racers--have silently said the same thing and gone off to pursue other things because they have seen what happens to people like Scott Monninger? He could prove conclusively that he had not doped intentionally, yet who was STILL banned.

In the present climate of "Accused=Guilty" any professional cyclist who doesn't watch everything they eat, drink or use as a supplement is playing Russian Roulette with the testing system. Those who gain humor at the expense of people like Jeanson are simply thinking exactly what D*ck Pound and the UCI want them to think--namely that anyone who is accused is automatically guilty. Yes, yes, I know Jeanson has been found guilty already--convicted, if you will. But I am really beginning to wonder about the efficacy of this test as well as some others, and how much the campaign to eradicate drugs in the peloton really has to do with drug use vs. making the UCI and WADA look good.

End of self-righteous rant. Whew!

BBDave

e-RICHIE
01-20-2006, 11:15 AM
. While I have no great feelings for Jeanson one way or the other, to compare her to a bulked up steroid user is blatantly unfair.

road riders are more linked with epo-ish stuff.
track riders are more linked with anabolic steroids.

hmmm
someone took his mr serious pill this am.

bananas

Grant McLean
01-20-2006, 11:20 AM
road riders are more linked with epo-ish stuff.
track riders are more linked with anabolic steroids.
hmmm
someone took his mr serious pill this am.
bananas

I nearly drove E-Richie to drink.
But i don't have my drivers' license...

-gee

Roy E. Munson
01-20-2006, 11:23 AM
While I have no great feelings for Jeanson one way or the other, to compare her to a bulked up steroid user is blatantly unfair.

Why?

bostondrunk
01-20-2006, 11:31 AM
. . . not!

Comparing the Tammy Thomas case to Jeanson is innaccurate, at best. Thomas' case involved steroids, and I don't think it takes a modern Sherlock Holmes to look at her and know SOMETHING is amiss. Jeanson's case involves alleged use of EPO--a substance for which the test accuracy is coming under increasing scrutiny. While I have no great feelings for Jeanson one way or the other, to compare her to a bulked up steroid user is blatantly unfair.

Also, keep in mind that given recent questions about the accuracy of the EPO test, Jeanson's only real "crime" may be her propensity to be difficult. She is definitely not known as Miss Congeniality in the racing community, both for her communications skills --or lack of them--and her extreme will to win that has seen her win races by some rather wide margins, increasing her leads in breakaways that left some with the impression she was "piling on." She has often raced without a team, and has often reminded me of Jeannie Longo, another famously, ah, independent person in the female peloton.

So it seems obvious to me that while the whole judgement process is supposed to be fair, she has little chance of them cutting her a break like they might for someone in the same circumstances who is better loved.

And while she may very well be guilty as H-E-double-hockey-sticks, her "to hell with this sh*t" reaction to professional cycling brings up another issue that we can only speculate about. How many other racers--or potential great racers--have silently said the same thing and gone off to pursue other things because they have seen what happens to people like Scott Monninger? He could prove conclusively that he had not doped intentionally, yet who was STILL banned.

In the present climate of "Accused=Guilty" any professional cyclist who doesn't watch everything they eat, drink or use as a supplement is playing Russian Roulette with the testing system. Those who gain humor at the expense of people like Jeanson are simply thinking exactly what D*ck Pound and the UCI want them to think--namely that anyone who is accused is automatically guilty. Yes, yes, I know Jeanson has been found guilty already--convicted, if you will. But I am really beginning to wonder about the efficacy of this test as well as some others, and how much the campaign to eradicate drugs in the peloton really has to do with drug use vs. making the UCI and WADA look good.

End of self-righteous rant. Whew!

BBDave

Whether or not the EPO test is accurate I have no idea, but it is the accepted test, so...
I don't think anyone was trying to compare Jenson to Tammy, her pic was posted as a joke, if you will.
With regards to Monninger, well, yes, it is the athletes responsibility to know what goes into your body. It doesn't matter whether he -meant- to dope or not.
And why should they cut Jenson a break?? She tested positive.
Hey, maybe all pro cyclists could just go on strike like baseball and hockey does, until they throw out the EPO test?

fiamme red
01-20-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm a Jeanson fan and think that this is a very sad day for women's racing. Jeanson is a rider in the mold of Longo, relentlessly attacking solo, winning big and humiliating the rest of the peloton. Whether the charges against her are true, I can't say.

Hysbrian
01-20-2006, 12:02 PM

Why? What E-Richie said!

Maybe if she wasn't a repeat offender then they would be more considerate. I mean she didn't even show up for one of her tests after a race, and that doesn't happen because "you forgot about it".

He like many others got lazy. Its his job to know what is in the stuff he puts in to his body, if there is a chance its tainted then why risk it? See look you said it here "In the present climate of "Accused=Guilty" any professional cyclist who doesn't watch everything they eat, drink or use as a supplement is playing Russian Roulette with the testing system." If USADA and WADA can't hold people responsible for what they(the athletes) take, then whatcan they do?

Plus "Accused=Guilty" isn't true, Miller is coming back this year.

JohnS
01-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Being "better-loved" sure didn't help TH, did it?
Maybe the reason she had those breakaways and pile-ons was because she was "better prepared". :D

lnomalley
01-20-2006, 12:18 PM
i'd hate to be thornburn or dotsie c. or someone that has had so many races shaped by a (typically) thought to be doped up jeanson. i'm sure she is a wonderful person (and still so young).. but a lot of folks think this has been a long time coming. seeing her destroy the field at redlands in impossible ways and having friends in the women's peleton livelihood, sponsorship, and entire seasons affected by the actions of a doper really makes me feel pissy towards the idea of her. there are some amazing athletes in women's racing (support women's racing!)... and they have to fight for every tiny scrap of sponsorship or prize money they get.. and.. a women's race is not a field full of dopers. when you look at jeanson (she is so tiny) and see that she is destroying the men's 2 field in most time trials.. you know something is off (this is my logic.. i have no proof .. but two failed dope tests and a missed test to go on).... when she solos away from the field and puts five mminutes into them on the sunset loop ... likeit's nothing... something is up.
now they just need to catch L.G....

*all this is personal opinion and not reporting of facts... i'm just saying... its one thing if everyone is juiced... but when only one or two in the field are doped and the sport is fighting for its own survival. most of those girls only make 2k a year.... anyone that races a bike.. is good for bike racing... women's nrc racing is cool.

Dr. Doofus
01-20-2006, 12:38 PM
its a good thing that prostitutes who sell their atheletic abilities are the only ones using this stuff...if the real prostitutes dumped crack and heroin and started on genvieve's or tammy's program, there'd be some real problems out there...but some guy would get his money's worth and then some....

Roy E. Munson
01-20-2006, 12:50 PM
all this is personal opinion and not reporting of facts... i'm just saying... its one thing if everyone is juiced... but when only one or two in the field are doped and the sport is fighting for its own survival. most of those girls only make 2k a year.... anyone that races a bike.. is good for bike racing... women's nrc racing is cool.

Ahhhh, how do you know that only one or two in the field are doped? Yes, I know you stated that this is "personal opinion and not reporting of facts", but I'm curious as to how you came to this conclusion.

Sandy
01-20-2006, 01:00 PM
http://www.ftvideo.com/genex/results_01/images/xtrav_marja.jpg

William

Your picture? :)

I think that I am in BIG trouble. :)

Muscles Mirman

BumbleBeeDave
01-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Roy . . . I meant the photo . . . I think it’s pretty transparent that the photo of Thomas was posted here because her appearance is so ridiculous. She obviously does not look like a female with a natural hormone balance. The implied comparison was obvious. Jeanson, on the other hand, certainly doesn’t look physically unusual. I think Inomalley has a better point. If anything, her appearance is tiny, yet she does routinely beat even the men. so her appearance vs. her performance might indeed be an implication, but in the opposite direction.

Hysbrian . . . Millar freely admitted his guilt. To me that’s different from an athlete who vigorously denies their guilt. If anything, athletes who try to defend themselves are dealt with even more harshly in this system than those who we KNOW are guilty because they admitted it. But you also have an excellent point about her not bothering to show up for a test. In this day and age, “I forgot” is a very poor defense. Or did she have some other excuse?

And lastly, no matter what I think about her guilt vs. innocence, I’m with fiamme red--there’s something undeniably entertaining from watching a nnoconformist who is so good she doesn’t need a team. But it also means she has few friends to help her out in this situation, where politics DOES count, just as it does everywhere else.

BBDave . . . aka, “Mr. Serious”

lnomalley
01-20-2006, 01:11 PM
all this is personal opinion and not reporting of facts... i'm just saying... its one thing if everyone is juiced... but when only one or two in the field are doped and the sport is fighting for its own survival. most of those girls only make 2k a year.... anyone that races a bike.. is good for bike racing... women's nrc racing is cool.

Ahhhh, how do you know that only one or two in the field are doped? Yes, I know you stated that this is "personal opinion and not reporting of facts", but I'm curious as to how you came to this conclusion.

you are welcome to pm me if you want me to clarify anything.

Roy E. Munson
01-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Jeanson, on the other hand, certainly doesn’t look physically unusual.

Of course she doesn't. The goal in road cycling is to increase your power to weight ratio, not bulk up and add mass.

harlond
01-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Plus "Accused=Guilty" isn't true, Miller is coming back this year.
Yes, but he's coming back after a suspension.

And whoever said the riders need to strike may have been speaking facetiously, but a strong union certainly would corral the loquacious Mr. Pound.

BumbleBeeDave
01-20-2006, 01:42 PM
I've made that point before. If the UCI wants riders to organize and make things REALLY complicated, I can't think of a better way to do it than the way they have been recently. To me, it's only a matter of time before some opportunistic sports agent or lawyer is going to see the $$$ possiblities and begin organizing efforts, and then "le merde" is really going to hit "le spokes."

BBD

e-RICHIE
01-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Roy . . . I meant the photo . . . I think it’s pretty transparent that the photo of Thomas was posted here because her appearance is so ridiculous.

wrong. wrong.
it was posted becuse shino said something
about "...thought girls were good". have
you ever spent any time with jeanson?
or near her? she could use a shave too yo.
the picture was not about appearances. it
was about gender.

William
01-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Your picture? :)

I think that I am in BIG trouble. :)

Muscles Mirman

Ok, it's out. That was me before the...you know....change. :crap:

Formerly Williamina (Who still will kick Sandy's arse). :p ;) :D

jerk
01-20-2006, 02:02 PM
wrong. wrong.
it was posted becuse shino said something
about "...thought girls were good". have
you ever spent any time with jeanson?
or near her? she could use a shave too yo.
the picture was not about appearances. it
was about gender.

e-richie said it before the jerk did. if you think an hgh chin looks bad on a dude-

jerk

jerk
01-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Hysbrian . . . Millar freely admitted his guilt. To me that’s different from an athlete who vigorously denies their guilt. If anything, athletes who try to defend themselves are dealt with even more harshly in this system than those who we KNOW are guilty because they admitted it. But you also have an excellent point about her not bothering to show up for a test. In this day and age, “I forgot” is a very poor defense. Or did she have some other excuse?

millar freely admitted his guilt while the little pretty boy was getting his arse grilled by napoleonic code gendarmes who MADE him tell the truth.....you don't know what you are talking about. NO one freely admits to performance enhancing drug use unless they are caught and it is beaten out of them.

her excuse was she would have tested positive.

jerk

BumbleBeeDave
01-20-2006, 02:29 PM
. . . of WHY he admitted his guilt. He DID admit it. It puzzles me, Jerk, how you can know that NO ONE would ever admit such use unless it is "beaten out of them." That's a pretty all-encompassing statement. I'm also intrigued by your portrayal of Millar as a "pretty boy." What exactly makes someone a "pretty boy?"

To me, the important element here is that he knuckled under, did not try to defend himself, and therefore will be allowed back on the road. Jeanson attempts to defend herself, and is set to be banned for life. I think it would be very interesting to do a statistical study comparing the efforts made by riders to defend themselves in these circumstances vs. the severety of the punishments they ended up receiving.

As for the posting of the Thomas photo, it was all about making fun of her appearance, as Shino's honest reaction clearly demonstrated. Why post the photo of Thomas in a thread about Jeanson at all except to imply a comparison?

And William , you make a very nice looking guy. Definitely a "pretty boy!" ;)

Mr. Serious

e-RICHIE
01-20-2006, 02:34 PM
<cut>As for the posting of the Thomas photo, it was all about making fun of her appearance, as Shino's honest reaction clearly demonstrated. Why post the photo of Thomas in a thread about Jeanson at all except to imply a comparison?

wrong. wrong.
read my text; shino first mentioned "...women are good".
the picture was there for gender reasons. get it now?

jerk
01-20-2006, 02:40 PM
. . . of WHY he admitted his guilt. He DID admit it. It puzzles me, Jerk, how you can know that NO ONE would ever admit such use unless it is "beaten out of them." That's a pretty all-encompassing statement. I'm also intrigued by your portrayal of Millar as a "pretty boy." What exactly makes someone a "pretty boy?"

To me, the important element here is that he knuckled under, did not try to defend himself, and therefore will be allowed back on the road. Jeanson attempts to defend herself, and is set to be banned for life. I think it would be very interesting to do a statistical study comparing the efforts made by riders to defend themselves in these circumstances vs. the severety of the punishments they ended up receiving.

As for the posting of the Thomas photo, it was all about making fun of her appearance, as Shino's honest reaction clearly demonstrated. Why post the photo of Thomas in a thread about Jeanson at all except to imply a comparison?

And William , you make a very nice looking guy. Definitely a "pretty boy!" ;)

Mr. Serious

the jerk'll ry to answert these questions one at a time.
It puzzles me, Jerk, how you can know that NO ONE would ever admit such use unless it is "beaten out of them." ?

because they're liars and their livleyhood depends on their lies. plus, there aren't any examples of anyone changing their stripes on their own with only one or two examples. both friends of the jerk who have been ridiculed on this board for doing so. plus any admission of guilt is treated as a positive blood test by the uci and wada.

What exactly makes someone a "pretty boy?"

alot of things. he didn't have the spine to stand up to the police and he doesn't work hard enough and he's still good enough and he doped anyway.

To me, the important element here is that he knuckled under, did not try to defend himself, and therefore will be allowed back on the road.

wrong- the rules changed since he was popped. that's why other liars and cheaters are getting harsher sentences; it has nothing to do with admitting it or not admitting it.

jerk

MartyE
01-20-2006, 02:44 PM
BBD,

I think a fundemental difference between Millar and Jeanson is that
with Millar he was found with the goods but never tested positive
(sounds familiar, hmmm) and it was his first offense.
Jeanson tested positive twice and missed a test.
Is Jeanson's permanent ban UCI mandated?

marty

e-RICHIE
01-20-2006, 02:46 PM
the jerk'll ry to answert these questions one at a time.
It puzzles me, Jerk, how you can know that NO ONE would ever admit such use unless it is "beaten out of them." ?

because they're liars and their livleyhood depends on their lies. plus, there aren't any examples of anyone changing their stripes on their own with only one or two examples. both friends of the jerk who have been ridiculed on this board for doing so. plus any admission of guilt is treated as a positive blood test by the uci and wada.

What exactly makes someone a "pretty boy?"

alot of things. he didn't have the spine to stand up to the police and he doesn't work hard enough and he's still good enough and he doped anyway.

To me, the important element here is that he knuckled under, did not try to defend himself, and therefore will be allowed back on the road.

wrong- the rules changed since he was popped. that's why other liars and cheaters are getting harsher sentences; it has nothing to do with admitting it or not admitting it.

jerk

i agree.

BumbleBeeDave
01-20-2006, 02:50 PM
The lifetime ban may indeed be UCI based--I'm not sure. But in any event, she certainly hasn't done herself any favors with her attitude. Chip-on-the-shoulder works great to motivate in competition, but doesn't work so good other places.

As for Mr. Jerk, I won't argue with him anymore, since he's always right--as he seems to feel the need to say in every post. :rolleyes:

BBD

Fixed
01-20-2006, 02:55 PM
bro code of honor ..honor among thieves ..i.m.h.o. but I don't know anything about real bike racing like like you bros cheers

Hysbrian
01-20-2006, 03:00 PM
i agree.
me too.

lnomalley
01-20-2006, 04:20 PM
e-richie said it before the jerk did. if you think an hgh chin looks bad on a dude-

jerk

word.

pdonk
01-20-2006, 05:03 PM
With respect to GJ attitude, it is more her whack job coach then her. I have met them both multiple times. He is a loose cannon, already discredited in one sport(volleyball) and now another.

Been a bad year for Canadian Cycling, first shep and now GJ.

Roy E. Munson
01-20-2006, 05:19 PM
With respect to GJ attitude, it is more her whack job coach then her.

I was biting my tongue not to post that, glad you did. I've witnessed and heard the same.

slowgoing
01-20-2006, 07:56 PM
I was biting my tongue not to post that, glad you did. I've witnessed and heard the same.

I talked to her in a store for a few minutes and she was as nice as can be.

DarkStar
01-20-2006, 08:06 PM
I've ridden with Jeanson on several occassions before and after she became known, and can vouch that she is indeed a very nice person. Not someone who I would think of as a drug cheat.

jerk
01-20-2006, 08:17 PM
I talked to her in a store for a few minutes and she was as nice as can be.

was this the store?

e-RICHIE
01-20-2006, 08:32 PM
I've ridden with Jeanson on several occassions before and after she became known, and can vouch that she is indeed a very nice person. Not someone who I would think of as a drug cheat.

tyler h raced for us in 92.
how do you think i feel?!!!!!!

chrisroph
01-20-2006, 08:35 PM
The EPO tests suck. They are inaccurate and unreliable. They yield very different results on the same sample pretty much every test. That is why I sympathize with those who are suspended. The only real way to catch people is with admissions or with the goods, like Millar. Yes, he is obviously a mental weakling. If he had been smart, he would have denied the whole thing and told the French police to go eat feces. Why couldn't he stand up to some interrogation?

e-RICHIE
01-20-2006, 08:36 PM
The EPO tests suck. They are inaccurate and unreliable. They yield very different results on the same sample pretty much every test. That is why I sympathize with those who are suspended. The only real way to catch people is with admissions or with the goods, like Millar. Yes, he is obviously a mental weakling. If he had been smart, he would have denied the whole thing and told the French police to go eat feces. Why couldn't he stand up to some interrogation?

a conscience?

lnomalley
01-20-2006, 11:55 PM
nice people dope. jackasses dope. happy people dope. sad people dope. people dope. there isn't a type.

shinomaster
01-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Who cares...All I know is that Tammy thompson looks like some of the tough lesbians I was hanging out with tonight in a local strip club.....Yep...Strippers take performance enhancing drugs too...some of those boobs are fake too... :beer:
Some girls are just bad I guess..

fiamme red
01-21-2006, 05:55 PM
With respect to GJ attitude, it is more her whack job coach then her. I have met them both multiple times. He is a loose cannon, already discredited in one sport(volleyball) and now another.

Been a bad year for Canadian Cycling, first shep and now GJ.He was originally a canoeing coach.

Ugly incident:
http://www.geocities.com/velonouvelles/articles/04/juil/Star1.html

manet
01-21-2006, 06:56 PM
He was originally a canoeing coach.

Ugly incident:

cast, CAST!, you mutha', CAST!
http://www.bexley.k12.oh.us/hslib/art/artists/Bierstadt/Fishing%20from%20a%20Canoe.jpeg

fiamme red
01-21-2006, 07:01 PM
http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=706

slowgoing
01-21-2006, 08:10 PM
nice people dope. jackasses dope. happy people dope. sad people dope. people dope. there isn't a type.

I didn't mean she was nice so she didn't dope. I meant she was nice, as compared to what people said about her coach. She may have been dominant on the road, but she was nice off it, or at least during the minute or two she spoke to me.

Ti Designs
01-21-2006, 11:20 PM
This is a subject I hate. It takes outstanding performance and implies cheating. For the most part I would rather coach riders who have more to gain from leaning how to ride than from taking EPO, but once in a while I work with a top rider and I always have to ask what they're racing against. In the case of Aimee Vassee the big question in '04 was if Genevive Jeanson was going to show up at Mt Washington . I'm always quick to point out that lots of riders dope because there's just so much money on the line. So, with $1500 on the line for the women's race I helped start the rumor that there would be drug testing at the top.

I hate the idea that every great athlete is on something, I hate the idea that the podium is now seen as the dopers showcase. The only thing I hate more is riders who give 110% effort and dedicate their lives to the sport only to get beaten by riders who take shortcuts (I'm talking drugs, not the small cyclocross racer from the northeast with the initials PC). If the controls get the message across that drug use woun't be tolorated, this will have served a purpose. Somehow I think it's just going to end a lot of careers and the trend will continue...

e-RICHIE
01-21-2006, 11:27 PM
The only thing I hate more is riders who give 110% effort and dedicate their lives to the sport only to get beaten by riders who take shortcuts (I'm talking drugs, not the small cyclocross racer from the northeast with the initials PC).

that is effin' funny yo.
post of the 35 minute old day, so far!

shinomaster
01-22-2006, 01:55 AM
If Nichol Cook gets busted then all is lost...I was so heartbroken when Tyler got banned...What a bummer. PC?? Prince Charming?

pdonk
01-22-2006, 07:43 AM
He was originally a canoeing coach.

Ugly incident:

OOPS, sorry volleyball.