PDA

View Full Version : And you're worried about being hit by a car while you're out on the road?

EPOJoe
11-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Was returning from a ride yesterday when I rode past a local eatery (Coco's on Madison and Sunrise in Fair Oaks, CA) and spotted this odd scene. Some kook drove right through a window and into a booth. Apparently, I was actually safer out riding on the road than I would have been eating at a local coffee shop. Amazing...

AngryScientist
11-27-2013, 02:39 PM
holy crap! that's crazy. look at the amount of stuff they had to drive over to get through that window. hop the curb, over the sidewalk, the lawn, the retaining wall. person must have had something seriosuly wrong with them. nuts!

moose8
11-27-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm guessing texting or a heart attack. That is one crazy scene.

2wheelwill
11-27-2013, 02:58 PM
I bet an elderly person. Happens a lot...sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

christian
11-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Do they still serve that teriyaki chicken club croissant at Coco's? That was a good sandwich. Though I never liked them as much after they got rid of the pink and green decor around 1995.

(Oh, look, a car in the window, too.)

Cat3roadracer
11-27-2013, 03:16 PM
No brake marks on the grass. That must have been some hit.

54ny77
11-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Had me some coffee at Coco's the other day.

I can relate.

EPOJoe
11-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Do they still serve that teriyaki chicken club croissant at Coco's? That was a good sandwich.

Hmm, don't know but I'll have to go in there and see once they get the place cleaned up (sounds good). I was just looking at the photo again, and it looks like the only thing that may have stopped the car from going through the entire restaurant is that it wound up wedged in the window frame.

MadRocketSci
11-27-2013, 03:40 PM
I bet an elderly person. Happens a lot...sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

yup....a couple years ago an elderly lady thought she was in reverse and started to pull out of her parking spot...it took a few seconds for her to realize she wasn't in reverse and ended up inside the 5 guys she just ate at...luckily, no one was sitting by those particular windows...

markie
11-27-2013, 03:57 PM
I bet an elderly person.Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Is that a large wager, or not?

Fivethumbs
11-27-2013, 04:19 PM
Sometimes you really want pie.

559Rando
11-27-2013, 04:28 PM
No brake marks on the grass. That must have been some hit.

That's what some call "whisky foot." Not necessarily means alcohol was involved. In fact, I think it's more likely it wasn't. Just the colloquial name for it.

It's sort of annoying when the pressing the gas pedal doesn't slow ya down ;-)

BumbleBeeDave
11-27-2013, 04:33 PM
. . . is asking the important question. Was anybody sitting in that booth?

And if they were, did the manager comp their meal?

BBD

Ahneida Ride
11-27-2013, 05:56 PM
. . .

NO one is asking the important question.

BBD

Was that the Drive Thru Window?

pbarry
11-27-2013, 06:00 PM
Was that the Drive Thru Window?

It is now. :banana:

Louis
11-27-2013, 06:47 PM
At one spot here at work we have a small "upper" parking lot that overlooks a "lower" lot. There's a stone wall at the edge, with the usual mortar holding things together. The vertical drop from one ground surface to the other is at least 8' One morning an employee I know pulled her Ford Escape into her spot in the upper lot and in the process of parking hit the gas instead of the brake and blew right through the wall, ending right side up on the lower lot. No airbag deployment, and the car was in good enough shape for her to drive back around and park (this time correctly) in the upper lot again. She was in early that day and luckily there wasn't a car directly below, because that would have been a mess. The car had to go in for major repairs, and she was shaken up, but mostly OK.

The bottom line was that she had a brain fart, and bad things ensued. (Let's hope that that's all it was - 35 years ago my grandmother had some car incidents - turned out that they were due to tumors on her brain.)

weisan
11-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Is that the first 4WD minivan offered in the market? I gotta check it out.

merckx
11-27-2013, 09:22 PM
I've been around the block a few times on my bicycle in my lifetime. Never before have I been so preoccupied with getting snuffed out by a motor vehicle. Add a jigger of entitlement to the plethora of distractions that engage motorists and it is a lethal cocktail. I've been wandering the dirt roads more lately and feel a bit safer.