PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

#campyuserftw
11-27-2013, 09:13 AM
A day to see or speak on the phone with family, who will go well out of their way, do whatever they have to do, to make it there. A day to see friends, neighbors. A time to enjoy a day of feasting, and a moment to pause, to be grateful for what we do have.

Fixed
11-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Happy thanksgiving to you :). Anyone riding thanksgiving morning ?
Cheers :)

Lewis Moon
11-27-2013, 09:48 AM

Gotta pay for the calories. I'll be riding to thanksgiving.

crossjunkee
11-27-2013, 10:36 AM

Yep, cross race.

bobswire
11-27-2013, 10:58 AM
My favorite holiday to enjoy with Family and Friends without the commercial aspect of Xmas.

YoKev
11-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Enjoy the day everyone!

krhea
11-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Happy Turkey Day everyone!

I have an annual Turkey Day ride that I organize so we'll roll out tomorrow at 9:30am. We'll ride from Portland over the I-5 bridge to Vancouver WA as a group, stop, split into a fast group/slower group then blaze out to a park on the Columbia River called Frenchmans Bar. It's flat as a pancake and notoriously fast with an almost full car lane for a bike lane. Great for double pacelines. We'll wait for everyone to arrive then split again for the ride back to the 'Couv where we'll regroup and then ride back over the bridge into Portland as a group.

I charge an "entry fee" for this ride of used warm coats/sweaters/gloves/socks for both kids and adults OR two can goods OR a new/unwrapped kids toy.

Enjoy the triptophan nap tomorrow afternoon everyone.

sworcester
11-27-2013, 05:43 PM
I liked this one - have to love Norman Rockwell on such an American occasion

thwart
11-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Morning ride? Yeah… gotta get some exercise in somehow… makes the turkey taste even better.

And to justify that second slice (just a small one, please ;)) of pie.

Hope all of you enjoy the day!

WickedWheels
11-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Happy Thanksgiving.

Tomorrow my customers will be treated to this on my door:

:D

krhea
11-27-2013, 10:11 PM
happy thanksgiving.

:d

+1

dsimon
11-28-2013, 06:28 AM
I love that Sign its F**in Awesome!!! I remember when we where kids and the only place that was open on Thanksgiving was 1 movie theater in the city the rest is a ghost town. now we always go for a ride after dinner just to see how many crazy's are out there:banana:

#campyuserftw
11-28-2013, 09:13 AM
I love that Sign its F**in Awesome!!! I remember when we where kids and the only place that was open on Thanksgiving was 1 movie theater in the city the rest is a ghost town. now we always go for a ride after dinner just to see how many crazy's are out there:banana:

I might show up at Bicycle Playground tomorrow with a kegger. :)

WickedWheels has a great store. It's what inside that counts; he has Moots, Parlee, Peg, and for those who want Specialized etc. I see serious Tri Geeks in there, well known roadie cyclists, off-road bikers, sincere wrenching done as if it is their own bike, but most importantly, I see lots of Campagnolo.

Happy Thanksgiving. :beer:

plattyjo
11-28-2013, 11:37 AM
We're aiming to bike after we feast - we'll see how successful that goal is!

Happy Thanksgiving!

learningtoride
11-28-2013, 05:11 PM

krhea
11-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Another successful "KRhea Turkey Day" ride...43miles, great group, home by 12:10, apron on, glass of wine in hand and cookin' by 12:30! Have a great day everyone. And yes, that's my shadow with arm extended taking the photo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/KRhea/PB270813_zps86541b26.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/KRhea/media/PB270813_zps86541b26.jpg.html)

downtube
11-28-2013, 07:07 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, now it's time for a nap.
chuck

beeatnik
11-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, Campyftw. We are all very blessed especially if we live in this country (or Western Europe) and can ride a bike.

Fixed
11-28-2013, 08:08 PM
I might show up at Bicycle Playground tomorrow with a kegger. :)

WickedWheels has a great store. It's what inside that counts; he has Moots, Parlee, Peg, and for those who want Specialized etc. I see serious Tri Geeks in there, well known roadie cyclists, off-road bikers, sincere wrenching done as if it is their own bike, but most importantly, I see lots of Campagnolo.

Happy Thanksgiving. :beer:

WickedWheels rocks Alex nailed the build on my bike perfect
Bicycle playground is one cool place

Vientomas
11-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Happy Thanksgiving all. A nice ride followed by great company and food. This forum provides me with humor, knowledge and a connection to fellow cyclist far and near. Thanks for the camaraderie and best wishes to everyone.

downtube
11-28-2013, 08:35 PM

Where is the WickedWheels shop located?

Javaman
11-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Nice! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

WickedWheels
11-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys. My shop is in Huntington, NY, on Longgg Island. If anyone here is in the area tomorrow then please swing by. We'll have bagels and coffee inthe morning and pizza and beer in the afternoon.

This isn't about my shop, though. Happy Thanksgiving. I spent mine with my 2 boys, one 4 months old and one 3 years old, with my wife and her family. There was no drama, the kids couldn't have been better, the wife looked hot, and there were lots of delicious left-overs. It was a good day.

#campyuserftw
11-29-2013, 09:42 AM

Alfred Hitchcock marathon on AMC all day today. 'Vertigo' is on now, great movie. Saw the flick on tv when I was kid, maybe seven years old, and it was my first look of San Francisco. Then this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F0wlfmxKdU

Enjoy S.F., a very pretty city. Standing in the Presidio, one can look at the Bay or out into the ocean, and the views are fantastic...then you can rotate your head and look at the city itself. Picturesque whichever way you look. Post a ride report, cheers.

FYI: "Presidio". Spanish, from Latin praesidium, guard, defense, from praesidre, to guard; see preside.

SpokeValley
12-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Happy Thanksgiving.

:D

Good for you and right on! :hello:

I am so disappointed that non essential, i.e. any retailers, have decided to contribute to the erosion of American traditions by opening on Thanksgiving day. I'm not working and I don't expect anyone else too, either.

You said it on your sign..."Seriously?"

Fixed
12-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Where is the WickedWheels shop located?

http://www.bicycleplayground.com
Cheers