PDA

View Full Version : Campy vs Shimano Compatible Hubs

Ozz
03-08-2004, 06:41 PM
OK - Why are Campy 10sp shifters not compatible with shimano 10 spd cassettes? Is it just a matter of cog spacing? Is it possible to space shimano compatible hubs and cogs to work with Campy 10sp shifting?

Has anyone done this? Does it work well?

Thanks

Mr. Curious....

BTW - For those of you who want to try the DT Swiss road rims:
http://www.mtbstore.com/find.php?search_word=rr-1.1&cat=&zip=&discount=&affiliate_id=

Too Tall
03-09-2004, 07:29 AM
Ozz, no one answered so I'll do my "spewing unsubstantiated facts" thing. I believe we've covered this in another recent thread and a shop owner said that ERGO brifters work well with Shimano 10 cassettes. What will not work is a Campag ERGO brifter with a Shimano rear derailleur eg. match Shifter with Derailleur and life is good in 10 spd. land. Yah?

Serotta PETE
03-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Spokes has been using his Campy wheels on his new ST with 10 speed Dura Ace....and he likes it alot.....

He is the "guru" so for more details you will have to contact him.

Ozz
03-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys!

I have campy 10 sp, and would like to consider building up some wheels with Chris King hubs. However, CK doesn't make campy compatible rear hubs.

I'll have to track down Indy Fab (speaking of guys we lost from the old phourm) and see if he wants to swap rear wheels sometime as an experiment.