PDA

View Full Version : OT: I'm not a conspiracy theorist but....

William
11-24-2013, 07:01 AM
...this seems a little weird.....

http://thechive.com/2012/03/08/something-is-rotten-in-the-denver-airport-25-photos/

I've been through the Denver airport and I've always thought it was kind of an odd place.

William

JAGI410
11-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Whoa. I think I need to visit Denver again!

malcolm
11-24-2013, 09:12 AM
There was a history or discovery channel episode about the airport some years ago. All I remember is the luggage system was supposedly a masterpiece of tech and days before it was to go online they realized it destroyed luggage at an astronomical rate. Pretty sure it was the Denver airport. It showed lots of video from the construction, pretty impressive.

witcombusa
11-24-2013, 09:26 AM
There's LOTS of info on the web. If you think it's odd now, just wait till you dig in deeper ( pun intended)

Basically it's D.U.M.B. (Deep Underground Military Base)

MattTuck
11-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Interesting.... I'll go get my tinfoil hat.

Ahneida Ride
11-24-2013, 09:43 AM
I am a conspiracy theorist. :eek:

How did that saying go . ..... Trust but Verify ? :bike:

vav
11-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Mr. White still cooking meth down there. :p

54ny77
11-24-2013, 09:48 AM
That is creepy, I've never noticed the murals.

I'll say this about Denver Int'l--the Coors Light on tap from any of the bars tastes better than anyplace I've ever had it! :banana:

Elefantino
11-24-2013, 10:04 AM
The runways are also laid out like a swastika. (Google Earth it.)

In other words, we are doomed. Or at least, hopefully, the Broncos are. They have yet to win a playoff game under the current regime without Tim Tebow.

dogdriver
11-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Wow. I've only been in the C terminal. Never really looked around the main area, but I do dig the little spinny things in the walls of the underground train...

josephr
11-24-2013, 11:01 AM
not a conspiracy theorist...but the murals are definitely creepy and have to say the Bronco on the drive in evil. Wonder how many folks just walk/drive by.
Joe

Seramount
11-24-2013, 11:58 AM
The runways are also laid out like a swastika. (Google Earth it.)

ok, I bit on this one...

you can find the swatstika shape in the runway alignments the same way you can find Jesus' face in a scorched tortilla.

texbike
11-24-2013, 12:43 PM
...this seems a little weird.....

http://thechive.com/2012/03/08/something-is-rotten-in-the-denver-airport-25-photos/

I've been through the Denver airport and I've always thought it was kind of an odd place.

William

LOL! IMO, it was funded by Big Tobacco to create the world's largest, indoor pot-growing operation in preparation for the day when pot would finally be legalized in CO. It would also make for the perfect distribution site once pot is legalized in other parts of the country. :rolleyes:

I love the Denver airport. Sure, it's a PITA to drive all the way out to it, but it's probably the most efficient airport that I fly through on a regular basis.

Texbike

Kirk Pacenti
11-24-2013, 01:46 PM
"Most times a man will tell you his bad intentions if you listen, let yourself hear."

gdw
11-24-2013, 02:16 PM
The conspiracy folks have got it all wrong once again. The underground facility is a year round hockey rink and nothing more. Building it below the surface keeps the costs of maintaining the ice lower in the hot summer months. It's private, just like lots of golf courses, but if you know the right people it's not too exclusive. The night league has some pretty good teams although the finals always seem to pit the Templars vs the Grays every year. That could change this season, the Bilderbergs and Illuminati have some fresh talent and might finally be contenders.

Louis
11-24-2013, 02:32 PM
That has to be the least convincing conspiracy theory I've heard in a very long time.

Actually, if you look at it on Google Earth the DIA runways spell out "Venusians, land HERE." It's clear as day, in English. How folks have missed it all these years, is tough to say. Maybe people didn't think that Venusians really do speak English.

cmg
11-25-2013, 09:39 PM
ok, I bit on this one...

you can find the swatstika shape in the runway alignments the same way you can find Jesus' face in a scorched tortilla.

found ! :banana:

Louis
11-25-2013, 09:43 PM
found ! :banana:

That's not Jesus - that's Elvis!

MattTuck
11-25-2013, 09:43 PM
http://stuffyoushouldhave.com/images/daily-bread-jesus-toaster/jesus-toaster.jpg

christian
11-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Maybe people didn't think that Venusians really do speak English.Able was I, ere I saw Elba.

Louis
11-25-2013, 10:36 PM
A Man, A Plan, A Canal – Panama!

Furthermore, "Klaatu barada nikto"

BumbleBeeDave
11-26-2013, 05:32 AM
"Nothing says welcome home like a demonic figure crawling out of a suitcase."

:p

BBD

saab2000
11-26-2013, 06:57 AM
Denver did need a new airport. Stapleton was inadequate and too close to the mountains and the winds that come off the slopes.

oldpotatoe
11-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Denver did need a new airport. Stapleton was inadequate and too close to the mountains and the winds that come off the slopes.

And Pena was Sec of the Treasury..c'mon..they had crossing runways..ya afraid of a little crosswind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOx5Knk6S9I

I bet ya play music in the background during these also...

Turn into the wind!!!

josephr
11-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Furthermore, "Klaatu barada nikto"

shop smart, shop S-Mart!

Anarchist
11-26-2013, 08:25 AM
And Pena was Sec of the Treasury..c'mon..they had crossing runways..ya afraid of a little crosswind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOx5Knk6S9I

I bet ya play music in the background during these also...

Turn into the wind!!!

Looks like one wing is shorter than the other ....

FlashUNC
11-26-2013, 08:34 AM
It's amazing people believe this kind of stuff.

Detroit International has that crazy connecting tunnel that's like the worst rave you've ever been to.

Airports everywhere have terrible art.

Birddog
11-26-2013, 08:43 AM
Damn, I wish I'd have known about this last Thurs when I was there with an extra hour to kill. I foolishly spent the time sucking down Fat Tires. Coors Light? puhleeez.

redir
11-26-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm in that airport 3 or 4 times a year, I think it's great! The murals are just bizarre. I only recently heard about all the conspiracy stuff, all in good fun... nothing to see hear people.

pbarry
11-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Most inefficient use of land ever. Built from scratch in the middle of nowhere; one must still wait for a shuttle to take you to a rental car agency 1-2 miles away. And no Air Train in the planning (!). Not to mention the insider land grab that occurred in the year or two before approval of the airport: Local pols and their associates bought up this cheap farmland before the airport proposal, and sold it for 8-10 times what they paid.

The underground bunker theory holds weight tho as the drainage system around the terminal looks like something you might see in Seattle or Portland. In a mostly arid climate, (till this past September) it makes you wonder what's being kept dry underneath the grade.

#campyuserftw
11-26-2013, 08:10 PM
People,

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=leonard+nimoy+in+search+of+fu ll+episodes&sm=1

Regards,
Fellow believer

PS: In Search Of...was one of the greatest shows in the history of planet earth. History Channel can butcher the intro of the show, whatever I say to them.

DRZRM
11-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Oh for the love of...come on William.

Skeptic Project Debunks Colorado Conspiracy (http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/articles/nwo/denver-international-airport/)

William
11-26-2013, 09:29 PM

Skeptic Project Debunks Colorado Conspiracy (http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/articles/nwo/denver-international-airport/)

Oh come on, I just fashioned tin foil hats for the whole family!!:mad:

William

DRZRM
11-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Well, with all the rain expected tomorrow, those should come in handy.

Oh come on, I just fashioned tin foil hats for the whole family!!:mad:

William

Louis
11-26-2013, 09:48 PM
one must still wait for a shuttle to take you to a rental car agency 1-2 miles away

Lots of the bigger airports are like this. DFW, for one.

BTW, speaking of DFW, have you seen the massive round antenna built between the NB and SB service roads? It's pointed straight up into space, no doubt to allow the government to communicate with their alien overlords.

Unlike the DIA swastika, that can be seen on Google Maps. Center of pic:

bcm119
11-26-2013, 10:05 PM
What surprises me most about people who believe in conspiracies is the assumption that our government is highly capable of planning and executing incredibly large/clandestine/high tech/long term projects involving teams of many people.

Louis
11-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Hmmmm, the plot thickens.

Man Accused of Taking Frampton's Luggage in Denver
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

DENVER — Police say luggage belonging to 70s rocker Peter Frampton was stolen by a man who's suspected of taking several other bags from Denver International Airport.

The Denver Post reported Tuesday that 52-year-old John Allen Papelbon told a police detective he snatched seven bags from the airport this year.

The detective who went to Papelbon's home in suburban Denver says he found a bag tag belonging to Frampton. The tag was the only thing recovered from Frampton's luggage, which was stolen in July.

Papelbon is due in court Dec. 10 for a preliminary hearing. He declined to comment to The Denver Post about the case.

Authorities say airport surveillance video from Oct. 27 shows a man matching Papelbon's description walking way with luggage.

He faces theft and burglary charges.

CunegoFan
11-26-2013, 11:31 PM
The underground bunker theory holds weight tho as the drainage system around the terminal looks like something you might see in Seattle or Portland. In a mostly arid climate, (till this past September) it makes you wonder what's being kept dry underneath the grade.

It's a storage depot for 2-4-5 Trioxin. Don't worry. The containers were built by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

cachagua
11-27-2013, 12:10 AM
What surprises me... is the assumption that our government is highly capable of planning and executing incredibly large/clandestine/high tech/long term projects involving teams of many people...

Whoa there buddy. Nobody said it's our government. . . (cue chilling organ music)

summilux
11-27-2013, 07:53 AM
You want conspiracy theory:
O'Hare airport is cunningly designed and the landing schedule so deviously planned that the less time you have to make your connection, the further away is the boarding gate. The alien programmers worked hard on this one.

DRZRM
11-27-2013, 08:13 AM
It's not a conspiracy if it is obviously true and provable. That airport is a mess.

You want conspiracy theory:
O'Hare airport is cunningly designed and the landing schedule so deviously planned that the less time you have to make your connection, the further away is the boarding gate. The alien programmers worked hard on this one.

sales guy
11-27-2013, 08:29 AM
It's not a conspiracy if it is obviously true and provable. That airport is a mess.

Lax is the same damn way. One of the worst is Milano Malpensa in Italy. Horrific!! And no one knows what's going on. I got to my gate as they were closing the doors! And I was there almost 3 hours early. I would have had to wait till the next day for a flight.

sales guy
11-27-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm in that airport 3 or 4 times a year, I think it's great! The murals are just bizarre. I only recently heard about all the conspiracy stuff, all in good fun... nothing to see hear people.

Clearly spoken by someone involved in the shadow govt who has a bunk under DIA!! Lol

sales guy
11-27-2013, 08:38 AM
I think DiA has the longest taxiing of any airport anywhere! It took like 20 minutes to taxi out for takeoff. And it feels weird in the main tent. Maybe it was cause it was stupid early but it just felt off. Yeah, I believe in conspiracies. Too many unexplained things out in the world. Not that I'm saying DIA has things going on or anything. Just saying I believe there are too many unexplainable things out that. Things that don't make sense.

Birddog
11-27-2013, 09:01 AM
I think DiA has the longest taxiing of any airport anywhere! It took like 20 minutes to taxi out for takeoff.
I had a connection at MSP on Sunday and I thought we were taking the Interstate back to OKC for awhile. That was the first time for me in MSP in about 40 years. I didn't know the Mall of America was in the airport.

MattTuck
11-27-2013, 09:05 AM
I think DiA has the longest taxiing of any airport anywhere! It took like 20 minutes to taxi out for takeoff. And it feels weird in the main tent. Maybe it was cause it was stupid early but it just felt off. Yeah, I believe in conspiracies. Too many unexplained things out in the world. Not that I'm saying DIA has things going on or anything. Just saying I believe there are too many unexplainable things out that. Things that don't make sense.

X-Files was my favorite show growing up. Get in touch with your inner-Mulder.

#campyuserftw
11-27-2013, 09:15 AM
X-Files. Touch Scully.

Fixed! :)

sales guy
11-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Would totally touch Scully! Super hottie back in the day.

MSP, never had that problem with a long taxi. Just sitting on the Tarmac for hours. They are stupid bad for that. At DIA, I thought they were driving us to LA!! It took that long to taxi.

Jeff N.
11-27-2013, 11:02 AM
That is creepy, I've never noticed the murals.

I'll say this about Denver Int'l--the Coors Light on tap from any of the bars tastes better than anyplace I've ever had it! :banana:Coors Light sucks, no matter what tap it's coming from.:no:

bironi
11-27-2013, 12:07 PM

Thanks for the entertaining link.

bironi
11-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Coors Light sucks, no matter what tap it's coming from.:no:

The Truth is out there!:beer:

Birddog
11-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Coors Light sucks, no matter what tap it's coming from.:no:
Their TV ads are right up there with the conspiracy theory murals though.
Me, I don't always drink beer, but when I do it is often Dos Equis. I esp like the ice cave spoof ad. I'm thinking it was an obvious dig at Coors.

Jeff N.
11-27-2013, 01:13 PM
It's marketed as "The world's coldest beer". That's only half right, at best...it may be cold, but it's NOT beer. Check out TOBP.com -Jeff N.

54ny77
11-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Here's a real time chilled glass of conspiracy!

(Sitting in Denver Intl'l at moment.)

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z113/jpmz06/IMG_20131127_133431_131.jpg

#campyuserftw
11-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Here's a real time chilled glass of conspiracy!

(Sitting in Denver Intl'l at moment.)

Safe home and enjoy Thanksgiving.
Please tell us that is not a Coors related product.
The truth is out there!

54ny77
11-27-2013, 03:14 PM
U want the truth? You can't handle the truth! You're G D right I ordered the Coor's Light!

#campyuserftw
11-27-2013, 03:24 PM
U want the truth? You can't handle the truth! You're G D right I ordered the Coor's Light!

It's not your fault. You aren't you. THEY have taken control of you. See the man near the water fountain, he just walked out of the men's room? He's not what he appears. He is using alien technology, gained to them via Area 51, and his wristwatch is impacting your brain's Beta waves (14-40Hz). Place your cell phone near your nose, and sniff it (it must be turned on) three times deeply. This will re-set your brain and break his control of you. Walk up to him and say, "My karate is better than yours", and he will leave the gate.

Hurry, before it's too late! Before you know it you'll order an IPA or Pale Ale.

:beer:

Jeff N.
11-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Coors Light...High School party stuff. The 30-pack. HA!

bironi
11-27-2013, 06:49 PM
It's not your fault. You aren't you. THEY have taken control of you. See the man near the water fountain, he just walked out of the men's room? He's not what he appears. He is using alien technology, gained to them via Area 51, and his wristwatch is impacting your brain's Beta waves (14-40Hz). Place your cell phone near your nose, and sniff it (it must be turned on) three times deeply. This will re-set your brain and break his control of you. Walk up to him and say, "My karate is better than yours", and he will leave the gate.

Hurry, before it's too late! Before you know it you'll order an IPA or Pale Ale.

:beer:

Again, a like button please!

#campyuserftw
11-27-2013, 07:13 PM
In the news 8 hours ago...

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/amazing-ice-circle-found-spinning-atop-north-dakota-river-2D11664968

So I clicked on the YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6PKVsOZoI4

And this was one of YouTube's related videos on the side column:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pibYtWoBps0

You tell me. I see that ice "circle", Vanilla Ice who resembles an alien and I ask you...you tell me.

Jason E
11-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Great. I just wasted two hours on the Chive. :)

Louis
12-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Bringing this to the top, because something's going on under Seattle:

NYT Story (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/20/us/under-seattle-a-big-object-blocks-bertha-what-is-it.html?smid=pl-share)

"Under Seattle, a Big Object Blocks Bertha. What Is It?"

Probably the aliens who moved from Denver.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2013/12/20/us/TUNNEL-1/TUNNEL-1-articleLarge.jpg

Ahneida Ride
12-20-2013, 10:38 AM
ops .... another Conspiracy theory .. :eek:
except this one is a 30 year top secret reality

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/images/wv/WVWHIbunker02.jpg

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/images/wv/WVWHIbunker07.jpg

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/11638

A quote from from ..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greenbrier

"The Greenbrier is a Forbes four-star and AAA Five Diamond Award winning luxury resort located just outside the town of White Sulphur Springs in Greenbrier County, West Virginia, United States."

"In the late 1950s, the U.S. government approached The Greenbrier for assistance in creating a secret emergency relocation center to house Congress in the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust. The classified, underground facility, named "Project Greek Island", was built at the same time as the West Virginia Wing, an above-ground addition to the hotel, from 1959 to 1962."

"Although the bunker was kept stocked with supplies for 30 years, it was never actually used as an emergency location, even during the Cuban Missile Crisis. The bunker's existence was not acknowledged until Ted Gup of the The Washington Post revealed it in a 1992 story; immediately after the Post story, the government decommissioned the bunker.

The facility has since been renovated and is also used as a data storage facility for the private sector. It is featured as an attraction in which visitors can tour the now declassified facilities, known as The Bunker."

I have to believe that an even more esoteric and secure "non-existing"
location has replaced it.

Of course that is just a theory. :rolleyes: I'm a complete idiot for even thinking this an event like this is reproducible.

-------------------

BUT IT IS .... !!!!! another non existent program my friends.
A top secret attempt to recover a Soviet Nuclear Sub using the cover story of under water mining.

"The CIA ran an operation to recover the sunken submarine. The recovery effort centered on Hughes Glomar Explorer, a 63,000 ton deep-sea salvage vessel built for the progect. The ship was built under the "cover story" that she was a deep-sea mining ship, intended to recover "manganese nodules" from the ocean floor. The ship was supposedly being built for the Summa Corporation at the direction of Howard Hughes for use by his Global Marine Development Inc. At the same time the "Hughes Mining Barge" was built. The barge, commonly known as HMB-1, was a submersible barge intended to carry the "claw" to be used in the recovery effort; it would also be used to hide the recovered submarine." http://w3.the-kgb.com/dante/military/mission.html

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4a/Glomar_color_300.jpg

GSF Explorer, formerly USNS Hughes Glomar Explorer (T-AG-193), is a deep-sea drillship platform initially built for the United States Central Intelligence Agency Special Activities Division secret operation Project Azorian to recover the sunken Soviet submarine K-129, lost in April 1968.

In September 1978, Ocean Minerals Company consortium of Mountain View, California announced it had leased Hughes Glomar Explorer and that in November would begin testing a prototype deepsea mining system in the Pacific Ocean.

Here is a video link ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQEUVntrUSE

Ahneida Ride
12-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Secrecy is maintained thru compartmentalization.

Only an elite few at the very top know the full story.
As one moves down the pyramid ... knowledge is restricted .
Most only know one piece of the puzzle.

Everything is released on a need to know basis only.

Sworn secret oaths and intimidation are additional niceties.