PDA

View Full Version : 31 day of rain

bironi
01-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Here are my new fenders prior to their virgin voyage on dirty wet pavement. Installing these on a race bike made me wish I had one of the traditional French style touring models. Eyelets would be nice, more clearance would be nice, but hey it was a used Italian no name frame from the 80's (cheap).

Byron

shinomaster
01-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Sweet rain bike... :beer:

bcm119
01-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Nice!

Do you have toe overlap with the front fender? My rain bike has a lot of overlap, especially with booties, and it often threatens to take me down at stop lights. I have only fallen once due to overlap, but it still bugs me.

bironi
01-18-2006, 11:48 PM
bcm,

I just replaced a short rake carbon fork with and old Gios chrome with more rake. I now have better clearance, even with larger fenders. This is great, because I seldom get out of my clips, and these fenders would never have cleared the carbon fork.

Byron

coylifut
01-19-2006, 09:43 AM
that's how it's done. Nice flap. Your pals will appreciate it. That grass looks well watered and fertilized. Where do you live?

vaxn8r
01-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Very proper. I dig the extender. I'd ride with behind you any rainy day.

Nice complement of components. I see you have one of the very rare breed Salsa quill stems with face plate. I suppose your bars were left over from another project but a bit "over the top" for a rain bike wouldn't you say?

Just kiddin'. It's a great setup. Hope she rides as great as she looks.

bironi
01-19-2006, 12:41 PM
coylifut,

I am in Olympia, WA.

Byron

coylifut
01-19-2006, 01:48 PM
coylifut,

I am in Olympia, WA.

Byron

I hear it rains a lot up there.
:beer:

Keep an eye out for a guy with red hair and freckles on the Broadmark elite team. Soloman Woras - won the U23 Sea Otter and Coperopolis. Overall swell guy.