PDA

View Full Version : OT: large MP4 file

LegendRider
11-21-2013, 02:21 PM
I have a concert video saved on my hard drive that's a 1 gig MP4 file. Can this be saved to a DVD? Or, is there a way to save the music only for use on my iPod? Thanks in advance for any advice.

ORMojo
11-21-2013, 02:44 PM
That depends . . . do you just want to save the MP4 file on the DVD as a data disc, or do you want to create a video DVD of the highest possible quality using your MP4 file as the source?

MRB
11-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Like ORMojo mentioned, it depends. DVD media has enough room to store the movie, but the movie may be protected. You should be able to save just the audio for use on your iPod by using iMovie. You would save it as an M4A file, which is an Audio only MP4. MP4 files can also be streamed, but that is not what you're asking.

HTH

ultraman6970
11-21-2013, 03:09 PM
The question can be interpreted in 2 ways (at least to me)... you can save that in a dvd disc as data or you can convert that file onto a dvd using a dvd tool maker software. (what mojo says)...

as for the second part, yes you can get the music out of the file thats not a problem, mp4 is more like a container so the audio trak can actually be demuxed (extracted) off the mp4 file that's not a problem, for the record there is mp4 audio tracks too. For this google something like mp4 audio demuxer.

hope this helps.

choke
11-21-2013, 03:14 PM
If you have VLC it's a very easy process to pull the audio tracks out of the DVD. If you don't have it, you can download it for free.

Here are the instructions - https://wiki.videolan.org/Extract_audio/

shamsixnine
11-21-2013, 04:15 PM
go to the mac app store and search for a video convertor. There are a bunch of free apps that can easily convert your mp4 into an mp3 for your iPod.